Notices

Old 7th February 2019, 17:09   #144601
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
The old boy next door is retired but a roofer to trade, anything like that and he's up there like a cat sorting it out.
The bad weather is due to hit us too tomorrow
Old 7th February 2019, 17:14   #144602
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I think everywhere was wet this morning. It was hammering on the conservatory roof when I got up, but dried up and sun came out by 10
Old 7th February 2019, 17:15   #144603
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Evening all It's been a wild windy rainy day here, the rain is abating at long last, I found some cement pieces on the path that have blown out from a ridge tile
Only had all those done last year & the chimney re-pointed.

I made some meatballs in a tomato garlic sauce for tea with spaghetti and some garlic bread for tea.

Hi Rod. have you any recommendations for gluten free spaghetti?

I got a box of gluten free spaghetti from ASDA (I think) it's a green colour and tastes quite like cardboard, not nice at all, I was wondering if you knew of any others!
To be honest Ian we very rarely use spaghetti - Angela (the coeliac sufferer in the family) prefers pasta. We tend to buy Morrisons own brand - it's a wee bit more palatable than others we've tried.

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 18:11   #144604
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
To be honest Ian we very rarely use spaghetti - Angela (the coeliac sufferer in the family) prefers pasta. We tend to buy Morrisons own brand - it's a wee bit more palatable than others we've tried.

Thanks Rod. I'll have a look at what they've got in Morrison's, I need to go there for their brand of English mustard, very nice it is.

Half of our family are coeliac thankfully it skipped me

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 20:11   #144605
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Me & the moggy are on train driving duty tonight with a sherbert or two.

Old 7th February 2019, 20:15   #144606
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Me & the moggy are on train driving duty tonight with a sherbert or two.

Keep the moggy off of the sherbet.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 22:31   #144607
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
I found some cement pieces on the path that have blown out from a ridge tile Only had all those done last year & the chimney re-pointed. !
We had our ridge tiles repointed a few years back but I would never recommend it. It was an utter waste of time and money which left us with a problem we did not have prior to the work being carried out. After the first winter the cement loosened and routinely fell off the roof on all sides, it plagued us for years and we couldn't park a car on the drive in peace because of it.

I'm convinced that the only proper thing to do is to have them lifted and rebedded or if the roof is old and tired then take the plunge as we did last year and have it replaced - that is new tiles and new and modern under-tile felt. There is a hidden danger in many older roofs which many if not most will not be aware of and that is the type of under-tile felt which was once used. My brother found this out to his cost when having a relatively minor job done by a roofer a few years ago. A blow torch was being used in the refelting of the roof of a bedroom bay window when ... WOOSH! The main roof of his house went up in flames like a box of fire lighters. The fire brigade attended but his house was gutted and he had to move out for months while the mess was sorted. His house was effectively replaced from and including the bedroom ceilings up but not a single room escaped smoke and water damage.

The firemen knew from the off why it went up so quickly and aggressively as they had experienced it before and no doubt will again. My brother has a pre-war semi and the felt used then was linen coated tar, and yeah Gods tar burns fiercely once lit. It was an inferno waiting to happen by modern standards of breathable felt with fire retardant requirements.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 05:18   #144608
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning all.

Yet more heavy rain in the night. And very damp this morning.

Having my New boiler fitted today.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 07:13   #144609
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Morning everyone, It's a dark dank rainy day again, still blustery out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Keep the moggy off of the sherbet.

LOL the minute I sit down to the PC he comes to sit on my lap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
We had our ridge tiles repointed a few years back but I would never recommend it. It was an utter waste of time and money which left us with a problem we did not have prior to the work being carried out. After the first winter the cement loosened and routinely fell off the roof on all sides, it plagued us for years and we couldn't park a car on the drive in peace because of it.

I'm convinced that the only proper thing to do is to have them lifted and rebedded or if the roof is old and tired then take the plunge as we did last year and have it replaced - that is new tiles and new and modern under-tile felt. There is a hidden danger in many older roofs which many if not most will not be aware of and that is the type of under-tile felt which was once used. My brother found this out to his cost when having a relatively minor job done by a roofer a few years ago. A blow torch was being used in the refelting of the roof of a bedroom bay window when ... WOOSH! The main roof of his house went up in flames like a box of fire lighters. The fire brigade attended but his house was gutted and he had to move out for months while the mess was sorted. His house was effectively replaced from and including the bedroom ceilings up but not a single room escaped smoke and water damage.

The firemen knew from the off why it went up so quickly and aggressively as they had experienced it before and no doubt will again. My brother has a pre-war semi and the felt used then was linen coated tar, and yeah Gods tar burns fiercely once lit. It was an inferno waiting to happen by modern standards of breathable felt with fire retardant requirements.

Yeah they re-bedded the ridge tiles as well but the mortar they put between them has loosened, I dare say our roof will be the same with the linen tar felt as it was built around 1916.
I had around 25 broken roof tiles replaced as well but the kitty is empty to do any more work on the roof

@Stevestrat The old boy next door is retired but a roofer to trade, anything like that and he's up there like a cat sorting it out.

Bedroom window is as high as I climb to these days, even guttering is out of bounds for me now.

Old 8th February 2019, 07:58   #144610
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning all, some good news to share. They are letting me out today Hooray! Back in on Wednesday for a look up the back passage and more tests, it will be lovely to get out of here. I have had excellent care from the Doctors and the nurses, everyone.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote