Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th September 2011, 19:09   #1
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts
Default please be aware

A friend posted this ...>>> While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check.... "There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car. "There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby. "Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too. DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-9-9 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN. "IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS. THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT." Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe. LikeUnlike · · Friday at 10:27 · Privacy:Shared with: Kim's friends

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 19:11   #2
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
A friend posted this ...>>> While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check.... "There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car. "There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby. "Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too. DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-9-9 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN. "IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS. THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT." Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe. LikeUnlike · · Friday at 10:27 · Privacy:Shared with: Kim's friends

That's SHOCKING....I always keep my doors locked at all times....Terrible that you feel you cannot trust anyone...
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 19:15   #3
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

No offence, but I wish people wouldn't repost stuff they haven't checked out, it's basically just spamming...I know it's all meant to be well intentioned, and as a warning, but thats exactly why it get's sent around everywhere, Facebook is terrible for this.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/infant-ca...-warning.shtml

The supposed warning has no basis in fact and should not be forwarded. It is not an official police warning as suggested in the message. This supposed police warning is nothing more than a UK variant of a hoax message that has previously circulated in the United States, Canada and elsewhere.
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 19:17   #4
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
No offence, but I wish people wouldn't repost stuff they haven't checked out, it's basically just spamming...I know it's all meant to be well intentioned, and as a warning, but thats exactly why it get's sent around everywhere, Facebook is terrible for this.

The supposed warning has no basis in fact and should not be forwarded. It is not an official police warning as suggested in the message. This supposed police warning is nothing more than a UK variant of a hoax message that has previously circulated in the United States, Canada and elsewhere.

Hiya Chris.... So, you are saying it is not true then.?
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 19:18   #5
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Hiya Chris.... So, you are saying it is not true then.?
Yes - please check with your local police, I am sure they will tell you the same.
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 19:18   #6
mark d3
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon,cdt 170 bhp(ish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post

i agree this has circulated the net for many years,have read this story a few times

one event everyone should experience http://www.wolverhamptonnanomeets.com/
mark d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 19:20   #7
simdel1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDTi, Porsche 944 Lux, MGF

Yeah, this has been doing the rounds for a good few years.

The key message is still true though - be vigilant!

Also, I did chuckle when I read "BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%". It reminds me of those shampoo adverts when they say things like "makes your hair up to 75.3% more glossy". The number is way too specific, considering that it's a qualitative measure!

The Simdel1 Fleet:
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/447/sigmgf.png
simdel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 19:29   #8
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by simdel1 View Post

Also, I did chuckle when I read "BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%". It reminds me of those shampoo adverts when they say things like "makes your hair up to 75.3% more glossy". The number is way too specific, considering that it's a qualitative measure!

Yup sem to recall it about 4-5 years back; there was also a similar one if I remember????
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 19:32   #9
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simdel1 View Post

sorry only trying to help, Question to myself " Do I bother in the future?"

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 19:38   #10
simdel1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDTi, Porsche 944 Lux, MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
sorry only trying to help, Question to myself " Do I bother in the future?"
Apologies, no offence was intended. I was merely pointing out that, as had been stated before, this is an old spam email. I then conceded that the intentions of the post were honerable because they encourage people to be vigilant.

So, in answer to your question; yes.

The Simdel1 Fleet:
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/447/sigmgf.png
simdel1 is offline   Reply With Quote