Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th December 2009, 21:50   #11
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Hairpins on one side straights on the other.....

And powerfolds too...possibly.....

Certainly too good to break
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 21:56   #12
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

Any idea what they want for her
Old 24th December 2009, 23:08   #13
pmessling
Posted a thing or two

TVR

think your right Tim, certainly is high on the front, which would suggest no engine. its also got the X power side skirts, can't see a cooling fan either. would make a good project car, they being the breakers can't want that much for it given the state its in. Assuming everything else is there, although if its missing engine then i would also say gearbox, drive shaft, possible exhaust sections as well.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...ner468x60b.gif
pmessling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 00:06   #14
pmessling
Posted a thing or two

TVR

doing a bit of poking around on the net, and i come across this Vin 007, and the same colour, funny interior as well, although a left hooker, although photos above clearly show right hooker, plus vin.

photo dates date to 2006

Last edited by pmessling; 25th December 2009 at 00:12..
Old 25th December 2009, 00:18   #15
pmessling
Posted a thing or two

TVR

posted by rincewind on x power forum

Hi Alberto,

Firstly congratulations on buying your MG ZT260 and well done for picking up one of the first cars we ever produced.

Now, please let me lay your fears to rest. Although the car you have bought is a development engineering car, the car will ahve been made road worthy and will be totally safe to drive.

We never let our engineering cars out on the road if they were unsafe. If the cars were unsafe or not in a condition to be used on the road we used to transport the cars to the proving grounds (like Idiada near you) on transporters and so on.

Anything that went on the roads had to be safe, legal and fit for purpose.

Although a lot of the items on the car will seem very different to a production specification you will normally see, they are still safe. Interior trim components, although different colours may be replaced with standard parts if you can get hold of them from an old MG Rover dealer of which there should be some near you as we used to get MG Rover Spain to ship cars to Idiada for us for testing now and then.

from an engine point of view, there is nothing different on the main engine block as this was a standard unit from Ford in the USA. The air intake system is MGR's so that will be different. So the engine is OK and there are no prototype parts built into it.

Some have asked about the red battery line across the back of the engine bay. This was the original route for the battery line but to standardise things, we changed the battery line back to the other side of the car. Don't worry about this, as it was a fairly late change in the programme and many of the first cars were configured the same. it should not affect the car.

The rear boxes fitted are the original silencers that had perforated baffles in to reduce the noise for the pass by noise test. All it means is that the car will be a little bit quieter than the production ones. That's the only difference. when I did the noise testing at Idiada, we manged to get the car through the test without them in.

Providing you can find interior parts to complete the ineterior you should be ok. The rear boot lid needs the big spolier as it looks like it's been taken off. We did do a boot lip spolier for the cars when we took the big spoiler off. Hoever, the car will be ok without the spoiler on. this was another test I did whilst I was at Idiada. We tried the car with and without the spoiler at max speed and the car was still very stable. It did feel a little light at the back, but it managed to fly round the track and do some severe lane change manouvers without any problems. The spolier just helps push the back end down at speeds well in excess of 200km/h.

You may have a different set of rear brakes on the car to the production cars. The productino cars had 332mm rear discs, you car may have the original smaller discs on. They will be ok and will stop the car more than safely, but we increased the size for some of the extra work the car saw during development.
You have a piece of automotive history there Alberto, you have a very unique and special car built by our fantastic X12/13 team during it's development.

If we or I can be of any further assistance, please talk to us, we'll help where we can.

Nic
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Logo_260s.gif
Old 25th December 2009, 00:25   #16
pmessling
Posted a thing or two

TVR

i have contacted the previous owner on the x power forum so hopefully he'll be able to shed some more light on why it is back in the uk, assuming its the same car, but vin numbers never lie.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Logo_260s.gif
Old 25th December 2009, 00:32   #17
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

This all sounds very intresting. I will phone Martin sometime before Monday and try and find out a bit more about this.
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 20:18   #18
Mills2009
Avid contributor

1999 75 Auto & 2005 ZT-T Auto

I wish I had taken a bit more notice, but about 18 months ago a ZT V8 with vin 002 came into have some work done to it. (I work at a former MG Rover dealer) The car had been converted to a MKII externally with facelift bumpers fitted and painted Zircon Silver to match the rest of the car. The paint job was poor! The interior was a early MKI, thick carpets, velvet seals around the door etc, but the inside of the glove box had been hacked up and not retrimmed, the transmission tunnel had not been trimmed properly, all to make way for V8 bits!

The car had been registered in 2006 and the guy who brought it in was the 4th owner i think. He brought it in a few times as he was having alot of problems and soon after got rid of the car. It was clearly an early development car that should have never been sold, but interesting non the less. It was a mess, but nice to have as a project and piece of automotive history!
Mills2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 15:12   #19
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

We saved S525 OVP EARLIEST MARK 1 ROVER 75 FROM 1998. I feel the (Bond 007) motor should be saved for the MG side of things what do you think??

[SIZE="7"]SAVE THE 007 BOND CAR????[/SIZE]

martin green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 15:36   #20
tonybubble
ZT, 75 & 260 Rescue

2002 MG ZT 260 (007), 2003 MG ZT-T 260 SE, 2004 75 CDTI Tourer

We saved S525 OVP EARLIEST MARK 1 ROVER 75 FROM 1998. I feel the (Bond 007) motor should be saved for the MG side of things what do you think??

Hello Martin, I am some way down the road on this having reached a tentative agreement with the garage to purchase.

Undoubtedly though, it will be a major undertaking as the car is little more than a rolling shell. More soon, I hope.

Tony.
tonybubble is offline   Reply With Quote