Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th December 2018, 15:25   #41
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Flippin' Eck! What a kerfuffle. Never used litb, but have often bought direct from China, normally through the bay of flea or direct sites like Dhgate or Aliexpress and have never been caught by customs duty. Must have been lucky, although I have noticed that the customs sticker often names the item as 'gift' or 'sample'
Old 15th December 2018, 15:35   #42
c-j2
Regular poster

MG ZT-T Diesel

Dallas
Quick note to say thanks for posting the offer in the first place. Certainly worth a punt.

All,
Quick update....
Looking good if LITB stick to their word - their responses have been swift and increasingly clear and helpful.

I sent them a short polite follow-up query and I've just picked up a reply advising that they will refund the full £11.12 in the next few days - which is more than I hoped as I can't see how I can prove that I paid duty or duty insurance. Re the former, I thought that I was paying that - and re the latter I have no idea what it is!

Fingers crossed that we all do receive the refund (grateful if people could post to confirm when they receive) - although I will need someone to explain their business model to me (i.e. £17 less £11 compensation = £6 revenue before purchase, overheads etc).
I'm wondering whether the packages contain little bags of white powder that I need to pass onto someone?

Latest comms below...

Thank you for contacting us.

We'll refund 11.12 GBP (100% Tax Fee) to you since you paid for the Insurance for Duty & Tax of this order.

It normally takes 3-5 business days to complete the refund transaction. Please kindly check your PayPal account later.

We thank you for your understanding in this matter.
c-j2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 16:01   #43
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-j2 View Post
Dallas

All,
Quick update....
Looking good if LITB stick to their word - their responses have been swift and increasingly clear and helpful.

I sent them a short polite follow-up query and I've just picked up a reply advising that they will refund the full £11.12 in the next few days - which is more than I hoped as I can't see how I can prove that I paid duty or duty insurance. Re the former, I thought that I was paying that - and re the latter I have no idea what it is!

Fingers crossed that we all do receive the refund (grateful if people could post to confirm when they receive) - although I will need someone to explain their business model to me (i.e. £17 less £11 compensation = £6 revenue before purchase, overheads etc).
I'm wondering whether the packages contain little bags of white powder that I need to pass onto someone?

Latest comms below...

We'll refund 11.12 GBP (100% Tax Fee) to you since you paid for the Insurance for Duty & Tax of this order.

It normally takes 3-5 business days to complete the refund transaction. Please kindly check your PayPal account later.

Some good news at last.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 16:24   #44
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

[QUOTE=c-j2;2694704]Dallas
Quick note to say thanks for posting the offer in the first place. Certainly worth a punt.

All,
Quick update....

Latest comms below...

[/QUOTE
I'm guessing that they play the averages.
If they get 100 buyers to pay an extra £1 for duty insurance and 5 of them get hit for duty and claim £11 each, that's only £55 payout for £100 income.
If customs hit more parcels you can guarantee that the cost of the 'insurance' would rise or not be offered at all.if
Old 15th December 2018, 19:51   #45
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Got a postcard in the letter box asking for the £11.12p fee this morning..
paid for the insurance etc ..

Just raised a ticket about this will will see how it goes ..

Not picked it up yet ..

Chris
ditto - glad I had the insurance charge of 0.99, worth every penny if they refund my £11.12!
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 20:58   #46
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Seems customs have caught on to their avoidance, or someone screwed up somewhere along the line and sent it via the wrong channels. I too got a card today saying I need to pay an extra £11.12 to receive the parcel.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 21:17   #47
Dallas
This is my second home

Maybe Sweden Post is more thorough. lol

LITB must have a warehouse in Sweden.
Old 15th December 2018, 21:30   #48
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Maybe Sweden Post is more thorough. lol

LITB must have a warehouse in Sweden.
It's coming through Sweden now? Every time I've ordered through LITB previously, if I paid for the duty insurance it came through their warehouse in Germany, presumably avoiding import duties as it was stock being sent to their warehouse, then again avoiding duties as it came from the 'warehouse' within the EU.

When I've not paid the insurance, the packages have arrived slightly quicker, and come direct from China, but have also incurred fees for customs.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 21:42   #49
Dallas
This is my second home

It is amazing how these China wholesale sites work, how many warehouse's they have and where they are located. Its always best to choose the UK warehouse if the option is given, but you then pay a higher price for the product.

Gearbest and TomTop offer the UK warehouse option on many of their products, but their deals and stock are limited. I think if we all chose the Express Expected option and paid a few pounds for delivery, the dash cams would have arrived by DPD with no fee's to pay.

But, I suppose if LITB pay us all the RM £11.12 fee's, then it will be worth the wait, plus the products have arrived in time for Christmas. lol
Old 16th December 2018, 07:38   #50
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

It's all good, interesting to learn how they operate. Wes are you paying online for redelivery or going to the post office? Even if they don't refund the £8 it's still a good deal and previous items like DD unit did not get hit.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote