Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th December 2018, 18:36   #31
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Update,it's in U.K. customs waiting for release.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 19:00   #32
c-j2
Regular poster

MG ZT-T Diesel

I also came home to an RM card for £11 fee for duty issues - of which £8 is handling.

I thought when I purchased that I'd selected all the relevant charges - however from memory I thought that it was shipping and duty, I don't recall the specific phrase 'duty insurance'.

I can't find the order confirmation email, however clicking through to my LITB account it shows the following....

Subtotal (1 item): £ 16.39
Shipping Charges & Insurance: GBP £ 0.99
Grand Total: £ 17.39

Does that 99p suggest that I've paid sufficient that they will refund me? Or have I messed up?
Appreciate only LITB can answer accurately, however appreciate knowing what others' accounts show.

Thought appreciated, Thanks
c-j2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 19:18   #33
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Your invoice is the same as mine, the 99p breaks down to 57p shipping insurance and 43p duty and tax insurance.

I

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 19:58   #34
c-j2
Regular poster

MG ZT-T Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_of_British View Post
Your invoice is the same as mine, the 99p breaks down to 57p shipping insurance and 43p duty and tax insurance.

I

Phew! Thanks for confirming.
Hopefully they all get resolved ok.
Old 14th December 2018, 21:13   #35
c-j2
Regular poster

MG ZT-T Diesel

Received a very quick albeit standard looking reply - and not 100% clear how it applies to my case.

My fear is I paid the 'duty' that they suggested, but maybe not the 'duty insurance'?

Has anyone in the same boat that has successfully had fees refunded.

Reply from LITB...
Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that customs duties are not shipping expenses. In fact, some of the packages will be charged this fee. Unfortunately, we have no control over it and cannot predict how much it will be since customs and taxation policies vary widely from country to country. Please feel free to contact your local Customs Office for further information.

If you paid the Duty & Tax insurance when you placed the order and were charged a tax fee, we'll be glad to refund 100% Tax Fee. Please tell us how much tax fee you're charged with a copy of the invoice at that time and we'll refund the amount we promised.

However, please understand that we'll NOT refund any tax fee to you if you haven't paid for the Insurance for Duty & Tax of this order.

We highly recommend that you buy the Insurance for Duty & Tax for your next order to decrease the loss. Your kindly understanding are highly appreciated.

We thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Last edited by c-j2; 15th December 2018 at 15:38.. Reason: Italics
Old 14th December 2018, 21:26   #36
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Not very clear,. Mine was £16.39 and advertised as free delivery. I ticked the shipping insurance box and tax and customs insurance box, bringing total to £17.39. If I click on order details it gives me breakdown of £16.39 camera + 57p shipping insurance + 43p Customs and Tax insurance. If yours was advertised as £16.39 + 99p shipping it may be different. Not very clear and the price and wording of deal changed a few times at the time we ordered.

Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 21:47   #37
c-j2
Regular poster

MG ZT-T Diesel

Thanks for sharing how your costs were broken down.

I think you are spot on - yours is probably covered and mine (despite paying exactly the same at roughly the same time) maybe not.

I'm sure there were 2 separate small charges when I first clicked through, but maybe it changed when I came to purchase later? And as the overall cost was unchanged I didn't spot.

Might have to take this on the chin - and tell myself that overall it is still a good price.
Old 15th December 2018, 10:58   #38
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_of_British View Post
Not very clear,. Mine was £16.39 and advertised as free delivery. I ticked the shipping insurance box and tax and customs insurance box, bringing total to £17.39. If I click on order details it gives me breakdown of £16.39 camera + 57p shipping insurance + 43p Customs and Tax insurance. If yours was advertised as £16.39 + 99p shipping it may be different. Not very clear and the price and wording of deal changed a few times at the time we ordered.

Mine was also £17.39. The tracking says "Awaiting payment of charges, Item being held, addressee being notified" with yesterdays date so expecting a note through the door today.

Have you (or anyone) actually had anything refunded yet?

Editing my post to add that I've just had the RM white card asking for £11.12 which I have now paid via PayPal. I have raised a LITB ticket and sent images of the RM card and a screenshot of my paid invoice. Fingers crossed..

Last edited by vacuman; 15th December 2018 at 11:25..
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 11:56   #39
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

had this std reply ...to my ticket ...

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

The charges that you see are taxes that have been levied by the customs agency of the country you are residing in; and therefore, we do not receive any part of this money. We are unable to estimate customs duties during your ordering process as duties vary per country and they are not always enforced.

The good news is that you paid for the Insurance for Duty & Tax of this order. As long as you'd like to pay the tax to receive the order, we'll refund FULL Tax Fee to you according to the insurance plan.

IMPORTANT: Please pay the tax first and reply to us with a copy of the payment receipt. Upon receipt, we will proceed to process your refund.

We thank you for your understanding and look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Anshul
lightinthebox.com Customer Service

C.

Not yet sure which is Tax ? just the 3.12 and won't get the handling fee back ?

So could be not quite such a good deal as from china no warranty probably, as I got my Almost same model for amazon for just over 30 but with warranties etc .
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 15th December 2018 at 12:00..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2018, 14:35   #40
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

I received my RM fee card this morning with a £11.12 charge, oh well! we cant win them all.

Shame really, as the previous deal my two camera's came via RM with no charge, but this one got stung.

I would imagine we will lose the £8.00 RM fee and receive just £3.12 as duty/tax refund, dam.

We could always ignore the parcel for 21 days and let RM send them back to sender, if these units are DOA, we will lose the £8.00 RM fee for sure.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote