Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th October 2013, 05:50   #1
HughB67

Rover 75 CONNOISSEUR SE

Default changed abs sensor cable but abs comes on. .

If anyone can help this would be appreciated! I went over a pothole and lost speedo and abs light came on so I have changed the os abs sensor cable. The abs light is out and the speedo works but the speedo now "wanders" like an old mini-if sat at 70 it ranges between 68-72 and checking it against the sat nav its at least 10% out. Also the osf wheel abs keeps kicking in all the time.

Have been told to change the hub???? Any ideas will be gratefully received thanks
HughB67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 06:21   #2
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughB67 View Post
If anyone can help this would be appreciated! I went over a pothole and lost speedo and abs light came on so I have changed the os abs sensor cable. The abs light is out and the speedo works but the speedo now "wanders" like an old mini-if sat at 70 it ranges between 68-72 and checking it against the sat nav its at least 10% out. Also the osf wheel abs keeps kicking in all the time.

Have been told to change the hub???? Any ideas will be gratefully received thanks
Hi there

I had an issue like this a couple of years ago. I had to drill out old one as it was stuck. In doing this upset things. The new sensor which I bought off fleabay gave exactly the same fault. I replaced it for a second hand genuine part...problem solved for me. You may have to replace hub if damaged. The inductor ring is in this. ( actually in wheel bearing) if this is damaged or has metal bits stuck in it you would also get same fault. Also check the connection home properly. It has also been suggested that that taking a very small amount off the sensor where it sits on the hub. This allows it to sit a little closer to the ring. But be careful not to over do it and let it touch.

Should be an easy fix.

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 07:09   #3
HughB67

Rover 75 CONNOISSEUR SE

Cheers Chris. So you think changing the hub is last resort then?
HughB67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 07:46   #4
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

I had the same problem with a rear ABS sensor. Found that the sensor wasn't near enough to the magnetic reluctor so it was missing sensing the odd segment.

Nothing was blocking it so ended up filing a couple of mm off the bracket to move it nearer. Put it down to both sensor and bearing being aftermarket.

You may have damaged the reluctor ring getting the old one out, but check that the new sensor is correctly seated.

Use French Mike's test - connect a meter to the sensor cables and it should change between 0.7 volts and 1.7 volts as each segment is picked up.

Mark a line on the wheel and then slowly rotate it and see if there are any dead spots and if there are always in the same place?
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote