Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th February 2012, 16:08   #1
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

Default Is this Low line Unit fixable

I had to take the sat nav unit out of the boot of my new car today as when the car was delivered the boot was 2 inches deep in water due to a leaking light gasket. Anyway when I took it out the front fell off... is it fixable. I have the main unit in the airing cupboard drying out. If it is any idea how the white strip goes in

Dominic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 16:57   #2
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

Hi Dominic,

I know Jeremy had some joy cleaning up a water ingressed unit. But I've never seen one fall to bits like that before.

It was my understanding that the lowline drive is black and white as opposed to a highline drive.

P.s. PM on its way, apologies for the delay - travel back to the UK day from hell.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 20:01   #3
madone
Posted a thing or two

none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Hi Dominic,

I know Jeremy had some joy cleaning up a water ingressed unit. But I've never seen one fall to bits like that before.

It was my understanding that the lowline drive is black and white as opposed to a highline drive.

P.s. PM on its way, apologies for the delay - travel back to the UK day from hell.
The mk3 drive looked the same for both lo and hi line. CD's for both are compatable in each drive. No special disc for the lo line required.
The front cover is secured by plastic lugs IIRC and can easily be broken. Take the whole unit out and you may be able to fix the front back on ok, I have used cellotape before.

Last edited by madone; 10th February 2012 at 20:04..
madone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 20:26   #4
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madone View Post
The mk3 drive looked the same for both lo and hi line. CD's for both are compatable in each drive. No special disc for the lo line required.
The front cover is secured by plastic lugs IIRC and can easily be broken. Take the whole unit out and you may be able to fix the front back on ok, I have used cellotape before.
It does look the same you are correct, but the part numbers are different, as you say the discs are the same, but the drives are not.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote