Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd September 2009, 11:39   #1
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Default Saloon folding rear seat latches stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Annoying knock......tok..........tok.......tokety....... tok cured.

Probably not related in any way to Simon's problem.

The plastic finisher on the front of the rear parcel shelf, released the rear seat back and folded forward, the finisher is in two sections, held by plastic clips. Where the two halves meet seemed to have a similar noise when when tapped. Rolled a small piece of cloth into a tube and inserted behind the finisher. No more knocking noise. Cheapest fix I have ever done, took months to track it down, finally bit the bullet and took a passenger out with me, he was convinced it was something loose under the rear seat cushion. Close but no cigar.

Silence is golden.
Mine won´t fold down (the saloon). Press the button on top of the seat backrest and the left hand one releases.... not the right hand one even though the button is all the way -down-. It´s loose but not -open- so can´t get the back rest down (not that I need to but anyway). Makes no differnce which -button- i press.The right hand one moves forward about 1 cm but on more and is a -bit of a devil- to bang shut (lock again) but does so after a few atempts. The button stays down until I´ve -jiggled it a bit- and it slowly comes back up flush with the back rest top.

Has anyone a -quick fix- or do I need to dismantle half the back end of the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocktake
Here you go

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...26&postcount=7

Check the seat is fully home at the bottom on each side, mine had worked up on one side, was a devil to open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG
Well found Dave.

I have just taken some pics of the offending article. I'l also transfer your found thread into the How To dept. The Hook slips over the metal bar within the seat back as you close it. The operate in tandem via the button or independently when depressed by hand. The whole mechanism within the seat back is sprung.

Last edited by Roverowner; 17th August 2011 at 18:02..
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:20   #2
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

I thought I'd read about a 'secret' string/tape to pull if these get stuck. I can't see any on mine though.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:35   #3
The_Monk
I really should get out more.......

-

You need to bend a piece of strong wire into an L shape and gently and carefully feed it down the side of the button housing (between the seat trim and button) and feel for the latch. Once located push down and it will free. I used a brand new hacksaw and took the blade out. Worked a treat. I had to put a cable tie on the latch when I got it free as the internal mechanism had bust and I couldnt be bothered to dismantle it.
The_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:37   #4
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
I thought I'd read about a 'secret' string/tape to pull if these get stuck. I can't see any on mine though.

TC
Only on those that do not have the buttons on the seat shoulders.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote