Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd March 2018, 18:36   #91
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Facebook is unpoliced poison on your desktop... i hate it but with some folks its the only way to get in touch with them.

This forum is a gem, and well governed 99.5% of the time.
However as many of the old guard now mosey off into the sunset, i wonder how long it will take for standards to erode... i sincerely hope not as i intend to stay active even after my MG/R days are over...
Old 22nd March 2018, 18:51   #92
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
Facebook is unpoliced poison on your desktop... i hate it but with some folks its the only way to get in touch with them.

This forum is a gem, and well governed 99.5% of the time.
However as many of the old guard now mosey off into the sunset, i wonder how long it will take for standards to erode... i sincerely hope not as i intend to stay active even after my MG/R days are over...
Well said Pete and I agree about fb, which is why I only frequent Stu’s group, in order to keep in touch with former members , who I would otherwise lose contact with.
I also don’t use my own ID, as certain family members are on there, who I don’t want to associate with.
Old 23rd March 2018, 05:27   #93
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Well said Pete and I agree about fb, which is why I only frequent Stu’s group, in order to keep in touch with former members , who I would otherwise lose contact with.
I also don’t use my own ID, as certain family members are on there, who I don’t want to associate with.
Good morning Richard, I went to Facebook yesterday and tightened up on the privacy controls. If you go into apps and “others”, I discovered how advertisers know my birthday, the pages I visit and the groups, plus a load of other stuff about me. All those boxes I have unticked. Lastly, ignore the old grumpy men in this thread Have a great day
Old 23rd March 2018, 07:37   #94
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Richard, I went to Facebook yesterday and tightened up on the privacy controls. If you go into apps and “others”, I discovered how advertisers know my birthday, the pages I visit and the groups, plus a load of other stuff about me. All those boxes I have unticked. Lastly, ignore the old grumpy men in this thread Have a great day
As you wish Phil, I will,ignore you Sorry but you asked for that.
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:45   #95
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
As you wish Phil, I will,ignore you Sorry but you asked for that.
Hahahaha Richard, very witty
Old 23rd March 2018, 21:03   #96
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Please keep it civil otherwise you know what will happen.

The OP has resurrected an old thread and thrown out the bait and as per norm you have been caught. Read the thread and then ignore rather than reply. That way the thread will drop back into the depths.
“Thrown out the bait as per norm” so such behaviour of baiting people to obviously stir it is acceptable behaviour?
Old 23rd March 2018, 21:20   #97
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
“Thrown out the bait as per norm” so such behaviour of baiting people to obviously stir it is acceptable behaviour?
Personally, I don't want mods to censor every post that could be conceived as "baiting". It would lead to a very sterile and dare I say, boring forum. Obviously, outright defamatory or insulting comments should be deleted and appropriate action taken against the perpetrator, but as stated, if a person knows what buttons to push, and enjoys the ensuing mayhem as everyone jumps, then the best policy is to ignore, rather than give more fuel to the fire.
I have no idea what has started all this animosity, and I have no wish to apportion blame or take sides, but what happened to " turn the other cheek".
All I've seen so far, is a lot of handbags at dawn
Old 24th March 2018, 20:23   #98
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
Well said Les, very well said indeed.
Old 27th March 2018, 19:08   #99
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyland Worldmaster View Post
I'll tell you why I was "Driven away"

Posts like the one quoted above, actually.

Ask yourself these questions:

Is it useful to ask these kinds of questions?

What answers do you think you are going to get?

What can be achieved by making statements like the ones in your post?

I do hope I'm getting this massively wrong; your posts seem to give the impression that they serve no real purpose other than to stir trouble and bad feeling. I've seen your posts on other forums eg: The BBM forum. Not all are what could be considered edifying.

One could be forgiven for considering comments made by you and others about members here and on other forums highly critical on a personal level and downright insulting.

One could also be forgive for wondering whether you enjoy getting certain people "Wound Up" so that they get upset and bite, then get warnings and subsequently leave.

A particularly memorable line on your profile here was a picture with a Giraffe and a statement along these lines:

"I'm only here to wind you up"

Obviously, I cannot and don't intend to start talking about how others feel, these are my thoughts on the whole subject.

Regards, Stuart.

The AVATAR you mention I got From George (Flyer) !!!!!!!!!--( Fact. )

We both thought it was a laugh. He used it and so did I.---( Fact.)

The giraffe I've used for years because I thought it gave folk a laugh to suddenly see its face appear.---( Fact. )

Quote from you Stuart.---Is it useful to ask these kinds of questions?

YES. Unfortunately.

The reason for those questions is generated by the sly Tolls living in this forum who just love to harass people. I will not let these evil folk continue to Harass me without response.

If you don't believe it then I shall go find them and post them up for all to see. Even Phil politely asked one of these Trolls that if he wanted to continue to get at other members would he please start a thread of his own and not use Phil's thread to launch these attacks.

My post on Phil's thread said I was vey impressed with his wildlife pictures. This Troll took the opportunity to launch some more of his usual cunning harassment by using Phil's African thread as a vehicle for his spite.

I was forced to remove my praise in an effort to stop the Troll from posting more remarks to the detriment of Phil's thread.
It was obvious that Phil was not impressed either.

There are quite a few Cronies on here operating these attack with NO FOUNDATION whatsoever to their remarks.

I have said this several times and I'll say it again. Show me proof or show yourselves to be liars.

It's a funny thing but these Trolls think their work can't be seen but they reveal themselves in every nasty post they make. What on earth is going o in their heads I just can't understand.--

Now for you Stuart. We got on OK in the early part of the thread you started . I have not made any personal posts against anybody on the OC forum or in your thread.

You mention other forums. I have said thing about the terrible behaviour of a number of folk who are or have been members on here.

I stand by all the things I have said BUT they were not said ON HERE.

These folk were given the opportunity to say whatever they wanted in reply. No deletions to their posts.

I wish, I wish I wish that all the people in these tiffs would get their FACTS RIGHT before they start posting rumours and suppositions. If they did there would never be posts such as mine and we would all get along just fine.

Until they do however I will continue to defend myself from Harassment and Trolls.

It is clearly against forum rules and regulations.

Colvert.--

Last edited by Reebs; 28th March 2018 at 13:03.. Reason: Edited.
Old 27th March 2018, 19:35   #100
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

I believe it is against Forum rules to mention banned members John Davies, they have no way to defend themselves or corroborate your factual version of events.
Closed Thread