Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd March 2018, 18:11   #11
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

I love to get out walking with the dogs. In fact if I didn't have the dogs I think I would probably go on my own. Still shaking off an achilles injury from last November but looking forward to the better weather.

We're lucky to have Elvaston castle nearby.

The other day (again with the dogs) I heard a wierd tapping in the trees and thought that couldn't be a woodpecker until I heard another similar noise in the other direction. Amazing.

I pity the people I meet that have their head down looking at some mobile device.
Old 22nd March 2018, 19:34   #12
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

My missus has been a bit over weight for most of her life.
Approximately a year agonshe decided to start walking a bit more and I agreed that I also could do with losing a few lbs.

Since then she walks round the entire village almost every morning along with a friend then again in the evening sometimes. As a result she has now lost 4 stone in weight and I have lost almost three.
I don’t walk as much as she does but we have been enjoying some time together where we drive to local Dumfries House ( owned by HRH Prince Charles ) where we park up the car then walk round the entire estate.

The grounds within Dumfries House are well worth a visit, entry is free to the grounds which are without doubt the best maintained estate grounds in the area surpassing that of Culzean Castle and Rozelle in Ayr.

Earlier this week I paid a visit to the place I was born at a farm above Muirkirk where my walk finished up resulting in me having to wade through a flooded gate. Luckily it was a nice dry day so I simply sat down, removed my soaking boots and socks before drying them out partially to continue my walk with my inner socks in my hand which were dry by the time I got back to the car.
My total distance would be about five miles but even with my dodgy knees I felt much better afterwards.
Yes walking does indeed improve your health, my late father in law walked about 12 miles every day and he lived until he was 92
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 19:55   #13
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
.......... As a result she has now lost 4 stone in weight and I have lost almost three..........
My total distance would be about five miles but even with my dodgy knees I felt much better afterwards.
Yes walking does indeed improve your health, my late father in law walked about 12 miles every day and he lived until he was 92

Very well done.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 20:36   #14
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coups View Post
I’ll be out this weekend up here again. Glen Doll, beautiful, and free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My kind of view!
Thank you!
Walking is basic for human beings.
Folks, as more you walk as longer live and healthier you've been. Keep walking as said Sir Johnie Walker
Cheers!
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:58   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
My missus has been a bit over weight for most of her life.
Approximately a year agonshe decided to start walking a bit more and I agreed that I also could do with losing a few lbs.

Since then she walks round the entire village almost every morning along with a friend then again in the evening sometimes. As a result she has now lost 4 stone in weight and I have lost almost three.
I don’t walk as much as she does but we have been enjoying some time together where we drive to local Dumfries House ( owned by HRH Prince Charles ) where we park up the car then walk round the entire estate.

The grounds within Dumfries House are well worth a visit, entry is free to the grounds which are without doubt the best maintained estate grounds in the area surpassing that of Culzean Castle and Rozelle in Ayr.

Earlier this week I paid a visit to the place I was born at a farm above Muirkirk where my walk finished up resulting in me having to wade through a flooded gate. Luckily it was a nice dry day so I simply sat down, removed my soaking boots and socks before drying them out partially to continue my walk with my inner socks in my hand which were dry by the time I got back to the car.
well done to you both that's terrific

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 07:09   #16
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I ran a Day Hospital in Hampstead for the over 65’s. One of the groups we offered was for exercises and a walking group. Keeping active and doing the exercises helped prevent fractures when any of them fell over at home or in the community.
Agree - my MiL suffered from osteoporosis and all the pain that went with it - sadly she hardly walked at all - always used the car
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2018, 10:22   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

When I take early retirement, my plan is to do a lot more walking, in particular hill walking.

I can still atop a hill for hours with my flask of tea, pondering about life and the universe, before heading down.

Last edited by MSS; 24th March 2018 at 10:24..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote