Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st March 2018, 15:08   #31
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post

They offered me £100 trade in value against the Kia which I declined, I'm fortunate enough to have room in my double garage to store it away for a rainy day or whatever but it's going nowhere.
Don't get rid of it Ian, make sure you keep it for a rainy day as you say.

I so wish I had a double garage, even a single garage would be nice... Its time to build one me thinks, I may just look into it a bit more this year...
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2018, 15:37   #32
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Don't get rid of it Ian, make sure you keep it for a rainy day as you say.

I so wish I had a double garage, even a single garage would be nice... Its time to build one me thinks, I may just look into it a bit more this year...

Hi Wes, I think it was the first thing I did when we bought the house was to get the concrete base down & double garage erected before she spent the money on silly things like kitchens

I dare say she would have filled that side of the garage up with junk if the Rover wasn't there.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2018, 15:57   #33
peelaaa
Posted a thing or two

75 cdti 2004 contemporary

In Ireland I see about one a week at the most. I travel about 300 miles a week, so very rare
peelaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2018, 17:38   #34
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Loads of Rovers and MGs down here, especially compared to Bristol where I could go for days without seeing a 75.

People don't drive for long distances and have less disposable income. Chap in the garage described my 110k as "high mileage"...
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 18:28   #35
Gunnerhavesome
Avid contributor

2001 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Con SE, Range Rover P38 4.6 for my Russian winter home

Location: France Feb to October/Sevastopol Crimea November to Jan

Having worked abroad for a number or years, when I returned to the UK in 2004 I saw my first 75 and thought what a great looking car and admired quite a few but owned other makes models over the next years. For a while I was travelling every week to the Isle of Man and had a regular car to take me to the airport and that was a 75 and always thought what a nice looking car, yes an old fashioned but classic interior but admired it and it was comfortable to travel in. Then 4 years ago was looking for a car for my European travels to last 1 year and found a 75 1 owner with only 60,000 on the clock FSH all by the dealer that had first sold the car. I picked it up for buttons. I have now owned this beauty for 4 years. Yes I have had a few issues and the last MOT was £500 to get through mainly due to the back box and suspension top joints. But continually enjoy this classic, yes it was called and old mans car and with that yes they generally were sold to older gentlemen so they have not been thrashed but cherished hence with the enjoyment I get from this classic even though I expect another high MOT bill this year as the middle box was an advisory I will be keeping it going for as long as I can when I thought I would use it for a year. I also like the admiring looks and thumbs up I get from quite a few gentlemen of a certain age here in France. Cheap car beautiful motor and great motoring, but with all that said when I go to my other home I do so much enjoy getting in and driving my Range Rover which by coincidence is the same age as the 75.

However, this forum has been invaluable for information on the maintainace of these great cars and top tips to keep these beauty's on the road but other owners who care about a British classic.
But that's just my opinion.
Gunnerhavesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 21:15   #36
Forestgreen
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenesmus View Post
Loads of Rovers and MGs down here, especially compared to Bristol where I could go for days without seeing a 75.

People don't drive for long distances and have less disposable income. Chap in the garage described my 110k as "high mileage"...
COuld that be anything to do with availability of dealers? I was driving (correction - squeezing!) through Mousehole near Penzance recently whilst on holiday and to my astonishment went past an MGR garage with about a dozen 75s and ZTs parked outside. The last place I'd have expected to find a major Rover mechanic, but if they are well established and have a big client base then good luck to them and may they support local owners for many years to come.
Forestgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2018, 21:33   #37
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

That's the one... great couple of lads there who were a bit left in the lurch when the experienced mechanic (he could smell the leaking thermostat when I brought the 75 in for something unrelated) retired, but he still pops in now and then and can be seen with his head under the bonnet...
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote