Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th March 2018, 22:30   #31
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

i wouldn't be too bothered about the increase in max bhp - I never take an engine to the redline anyway, it's the improved torque delivery and max torque figures that make the difference. My A4 Avant 1.9TD (130bhp) was a heavier and quicker car than my Renault 19 16v (136bhp) because of its broad, low range torque band. The Renault only really started to deliver above 4,000 rpm, and I only took it there twice, and bottled out at 4,500, just as it really started to howl. It still had over 2,000 to go before the redline!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2018, 23:22   #32
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazyerma View Post
Cant rember the exet figer, but its around £520.

Regards

Barry
Anybody else think that road tax should be based on current vehicle value?

Or better still, based on a persons means to pay? Like other taxes?

Because as it stands at the moment, those who can afford an expensive new car seem to be the ones paying the least amount of tax!

£30 a year in some cases, and sometimes even free tax.

while those of us with £550 cars are paying though the nose !

But I digress...
^Be kind, Subscribe^ (MGR videos )
Mgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2018, 07:23   #33
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
I agree. Steve is a very skilful & clever engineer and - you're going to laugh! - two years ago he did a brilliant remap on my... Rover 25 1.4! I told you you were going to laugh!
He sent me the modified ECU in France and icing on the cake deactivated the alarm so that my genuine fobs are perfectly working on that ECU.

Nevertheless it shows a real & actual improvement as Steve had asked me what I wanted. I was only looking for the best possible torque in low revs and the result was very sensible. He lowered the maximum torque from 4k to 3k revs as well.

He's a nice & meticulous guy.
Never hesitate to ask him a very good remap for a very fair price.
You'll never regret it.

Would anybody like to share some Rolling Road/Dyno results?
Especially would like to see zt190 before and after graphs.

Last edited by Mgaz; 20th March 2018 at 07:26..
Old 21st March 2018, 11:22   #34
CivilSteve
Avid contributor

MG ZT

You'll probably find there's not many before/after results about, especially as they'd no doubt fall short of the claimed gains. Saw someone else's dyno graph of a 1.4 with a claimed "up to 12bhp gain" making 3bhp over stock...

I try and do before/after where I can , as it helps show the actual improvements rather than an end figure that means very little (what did car start with? Optimistic dyno ? Etc)

Also handy to have wheel figured as well as fly if possible. Helps diagnose any drivetrain issues (sticking calipers etc)

You can check out our website amd facebook page for some before/after graphs. Although no KV6 stuff yet , still working on it and past experience has taught up not to release preliminary data
CivilSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2018, 14:11   #35
bazyerma
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilSteve View Post
You'll probably find there's not many before/after results about, especially as they'd no doubt fall short of the claimed gains. Saw someone else's dyno graph of a 1.4 with a claimed "up to 12bhp gain" making 3bhp over stock...

I try and do before/after where I can , as it helps show the actual improvements rather than an end figure that means very little (what did car start with? Optimistic dyno ? Etc)

Also handy to have wheel figured as well as fly if possible. Helps diagnose any drivetrain issues (sticking calipers etc)

You can check out our website amd facebook page for some before/after graphs. Although no KV6 stuff yet , still working on it and past experience has taught up not to release preliminary data
I have my Dyno booked for May, I will put up my graphs, hopefully I wont be too disappointed!
bazyerma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:22   #36
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazyerma View Post
I have my Dyno booked for May, I will put up my graphs, hopefully I wont be too disappointed!
Excellent... Just make sure your VIS motors and inlet manifold are working properly..

Mine are now fixed and its like a different car now.
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:35   #37
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz View Post
Excellent... Just make sure your VIS motors and inlet manifold are working properly..

Mine are now fixed and its like a different car now.
And how did you fixed it?
I changed both my VIS motors (2 previous errors given by Torque, now it's OK), but what about the inlet manifold?
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 16:03   #38
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
And how did you fixed it?
I changed both my VIS motors (2 previous errors given by Torque, now it's OK), but what about the inlet manifold?

Sent my VIS motors off to Stocktake on here who sent them back to me with new uprated PCB circuit boards , switches and motors. And I replaced my inlet manifold with a good working unit from an 1999 R75.

The Arm that opens the butterfly's in the inlet on mine had completely detached and was loose rattling around in the inlet manifold.

If you have had your VIS motors off, you would have seen if yours was okay or not.
Old 22nd March 2018, 16:54   #39
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Thumbs up

Quote:
Sent my VIS motors off to Stocktake on here who sent them back to me with new uprated PCB circuit boards , switches and motors. And I replaced my inlet manifold with a good working unit from an 1999 R75.

The Arm that opens the butterfly's in the inlet on mine had completely detached and was loose rattling around in the inlet manifold.

If you have had your VIS motors off, you would have seen if yours was okay or not.
Quite right. I should have had a sneaky peak inside the IM.

But I assume that it's all right for the engine drives very well, with neither abnormal consumption nor any rattle anywhere.

I would have been delighted to ask Stocktake to correct the older VIS motors I'm still keeping aside but the postage fees - often doubling the item or service price - & the endless waiting - often a week or much more - are appalling with the continent.

Regarding the cleansing of the system, I use ethanol whose cleaning properties are well known (but no damage at all like some trolls are pretending) and I've added a bottle of Chevron Techron concentrate plus to get rid of all the possible deposits & protect the entire fuel system.

http://www.hcdmag.com/best-fuel-injector-cleaner/
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2022, 22:19   #40
Bazzateer

Quote:
Anybody else think that road tax should be based on current vehicle value?

Or better still, based on a persons means to pay? Like other taxes?

Because as it stands at the moment, those who can afford an expensive new car seem to be the ones paying the least amount of tax!

£30 a year in some cases, and sometimes even free tax.

while those of us with £550 cars are paying though the nose !

But I digress...
Road tax was replaced decades ago by vehicle excise duty. It's a tax on ownership, not road use. Interesting idea though.