Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st March 2018, 16:17   #41
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I ordered the one linked to by Brian on ebay for £39.95 and it arrived today. First impressions:

The box had been opened previously and sellotaped back up but the item itself was still in a sealed plastic bag within the box. The box if correct for the item it holds looks to be official judging by the label which states Lockheed, LLA10024, Rover Group, Made In EEC, PH 24 E, GB.

Looking through the plastic bag the pipework is metal and the "ap" logo as shown in your pic is also present on the item in the same place. The other outlet is marked P601A.

A sleeve on the pipework is marked 100128 04:39 and the body of the csc is ink-marked with BRU-0375 BCC and SKF FR G01 S.
Phew, here was I thinking Ian had bought it..........I wonder why the early slaves listed two part numbers, one for diesel, and one for petrol????

Curious, the date on the pipework of mine is 4/5/07 so new old stock, not that I'm concerned about that, the main thing is the plastic pipework, so the noise transmission into the cabin will be much reduced, unlike the TAZU slave and master on the Connie.........that will be going in the bin as soon as I have a chance to change it

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2018, 16:19   #42
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
I'd need the LLA10025 for the diesel then.

Im still ignorant as to exactly what the difference is between a 190 clutch and a CDTi diesel clutch.
The pressure plate
Old 21st March 2018, 16:25   #43
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
The pressure plate
Do elaborate.......:p

Is it dimensionally the same but stiffer? If stiffer, I'd happily put a 190 plate and cover in there if it fitted without issue.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2018, 16:59   #44
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Ian, it would be interesting to see if you get the right part, was this the listing you bought from the same seller?

LINK

Brian
Yes that was the listing or I think it was but I messaged the seller to say I wanted one for a Diesel. He was aware the one in the link was not suitable but advised he did have one for a Diesel. We found a way to pay for it and it should arrive I the next couple of days.

I don't think I'd be able to tell if it was wrong but it should come in a Delphi box.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2018, 17:03   #45
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:

Is it dimensionally the same but stiffer? If stiffer, I'd happily put a 190 plate and cover in there if it fitted without issue.
I would expect the diesel to require a stiffer pressure plate due to the higher torque output. If the 190 pressure plate is not as stiff and is used on the diesel, I would expect the clutch to slip a bit occasionally and wear out prematurely.

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2018, 17:21   #46
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:

Why not fit one and see

It won't work by the way

Just buy a diesel clutch, it's a genuine Land Rover one I'm fitting to the ZT.......LINK

Considerably cheaper is a genuine AP clutch, just like the one fitted at the factory

LINK

You know that either of those that I've linked to will fit and work, now if you have a 190 clutch in the shed, the driven plate is the same, but you will need a diesel pressure plate as the clamping load of the petrol version is insufficient, and because the diaphragm springs when fitted do not protrude as far, the "bite" will be closer to the floor

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutch.jpg (141.1 KB, 120 views)
Old 21st March 2018, 18:21   #47
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Why not fit one and see

It won't work by the way

Just buy a diesel clutch, it's a genuine Land Rover one I'm fitting to the ZT.......LINK

Considerably cheaper is a genuine AP clutch, just like the one fitted at the factory

LINK

You know that either of those that I've linked to will fit and work, now if you have a 190 clutch in the shed, the driven plate is the same, but you will need a diesel pressure plate as the clamping load of the petrol version is insufficient, and because the diaphragm springs when fitted do not protrude as far, the "bite" will be closer to the floor

Brian
Brian

Are you no longer recommending LUK clutch parts, come what may ? The options of genuine Land Rover or AP parts are a little more expensive.
I am quite happy with my Borg and Beck 2 part clutch kit, it is just the wretched metal slave that is my remaining issue. I think I may go for a Delphi/AP replacement slave at some stage when I am in the mood to drop the subframe/gearbox off the car (again !).

Cheers

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2018, 20:37   #48
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
Brian

Are you no longer recommending LUK clutch parts, come what may ? The options of genuine Land Rover or AP parts are a little more expensive.
I am quite happy with my Borg and Beck 2 part clutch kit, it is just the wretched metal slave that is my remaining issue. I think I may go for a Delphi/AP replacement slave at some stage when I am in the mood to drop the subframe/gearbox off the car (again !).

Cheers

Pete
Hi Pete, the LUK Repset Pro is fine, the genuine LR clutch is Borg & Beck, and I paid only £80 for it.....LINK, and the AP/Delphi slave, well I was happy with the one I took out of my wife's car, and my 1800 is still running the original clutch at 13 years old, and I paid £40 for it, making my new three part clutch for the ZT £120 using quality components that should last the remainder of the car's life

My wife's car had an LUK repset (two part) fitted, along with a LUK slave as that's all I could lay my hands on at the time, however the worst of the bunch is the Connie I bought from another local member which has a Tazu Mk1 master, and Tazu metal slave, the clutch is noisy to the point of embarrassment

The ZT must come first as I've been nursing the hydraulics for the past three months, and that's pencilled in for the beginning of next week, so I shall report on the AP/Delphi LR setup once I've fitted it.

I can't see your clutch needing replaced, but the slave on it's own, I certainly won't be replacing the clutch on the Connie, but the hydraulics will be binned

Brian
Old 22nd March 2018, 12:07   #49
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Phew, here was I thinking Ian had bought it - I wonder why the early slaves listed two part numbers, one for diesel, and one for petrol? Curious, the date on the pipework of mine is 4/5/07 so new old stock, not that I'm concerned about that, the main thing is the plastic pipework, so the noise transmission into the cabin will be much reduced, unlike the TAZU slave and master on the Connie - that will be going in the bin as soon as I have a chance to change it Brian
The listing you linked to was for LLA 10025 and that is what I ordered but for some reason the seller has sent me LLA 10024, or at least that is what it says on the box, however as the box was not in a factory sealed condition maybe it is the wrong box with LLA 10025 inside. I don't know but I'm not too bothered given the price as I wouldn't mind swapping the pipework or re-shaping it if need be.

I have noticed that the seller had different listings for the diesel LLA 10025 and the petrol LLA 10024, but I would actually regard it as a bonus if I have indeed been sent LLA 10024 by mistake (as the box label implies) because it was ordered to keep as a spare for my 1.8 which is currently sorn on the drive.

Not everyone would be happy to receive the wrong item though so it would be interesting to hear what others have received from your link. Am I the only one to receive a box labelled Lockheed LLA 10024? The Delphi with the plastic pipes as per your pic, did you order that from the listing in your link in post 32 at £39.95? If so then as said previously that is the listing I used to order mine so I should have received the same but I haven't.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2018, 14:34   #50
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Well, would you believe it!

Took a punt on another brand (???????) of csc at the same time as I ordered the one Brian linked to. Looked at it today and the body is marked BRU-0375 BC and SKF FR H09 S. But guess what? It too has the "ap" logo moulded into the bleed outlet.

I'm confused because it certainly wasn't advertised as AP nor did it arrive in a box labelled Lockheed. And in keeping with the values and principles of Old Tightus I paid under £30 for it ... and no, it isn't a used one.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote