Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th June 2018, 17:13   #1
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts
Red face End of an era....

Well my friends, the time has finally come...

This afternoon a lavishly washed and polished Clarabelle drove off into the sunset under new ownership.
She was the last of our run of MGR cars, and I must admit feeling a little choked that she has gone.

This diesel 75 Connie auto was the first MGR car we owned and after over 5 years of faithful service (minus 1 ECU flood) she has never let us down...
Not that she did not need a little help along the way...

Full front suspension rebuild
CV joints and brake refurb
alternator, power steering pump, condenser, compressor etc etc etc… we probably lumped 2-3 grand into her to keep her on the road... she suffered a few bumps and bruises, just 2 weeks ago her front bumper damaged by a drunk driver... but right to the end she always brought us home.

A few friends helped along the way...
Brian, Andy, Tom and Phil to say the least, input and appreciation from many was received with thanks, I also had to say goodbye to some good friends such as Barry (Bejay).

She now goes to another club member who will I am sure lavish the attention that I have not had time to pass on as of late.

This is a great club and is made of great people.
It is a sad inevitability that one day there will be too few cars left on the road, and no one of a mind to keep them there, but for now I can say I have enjoyed every minute of the meets, work, learning and tinkering.

Things like solving the deline problem, creating custom dials and rear blinds, and my signature quad xenon headlights and cats eyes were in a way the art I could never do with pen and paper or paints, I hope that everyone who has this kind of thing on their car continues to enjoy them and the work of Rick who took the business over nearly 18 months ago and continues it so well with new items and ideas.

I will try to look in on everyone from time to time, and you never know, Jnr will want a car soon so something well known and simple to work on may just be on the cards....

Till then, a few of my favourite memories...

Cheers boys and girls.... it has been fun....

Safe travels all...

Old 17th June 2018, 06:23   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Don't be a stranger Peter, your knowledge on keeping our cars on the road is invaluable to us. Good luck for the future though. I hope your better half has fully recovered, and yes maybe one day junior will buy a rare 75 or ZT. And then Dad will be back to tinkering.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2018, 07:42   #3
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Nice to have met you Pete enjoy your nrxt car.

LADY IN RED
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2018, 21:26   #4
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Found a few more pics

Old 19th June 2018, 09:04   #5
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Klarzy, your knowledge and information has been invaluable.
Have enjoyed your posts.
I fear as time goes on there will be more of us selling off our cars and thus alot
less knowledge around.
I guess at least all our posts are there for future enthusiasts!!
Wondering when ill be getting into somthing newer but these cars are just great value for money !!
Cant realky do to much to the current array of cars !!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2018, 11:22   #6
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default Thank you Klazy.

Although we have never met, I am saddened to learn that you are leaving the Rover / ZT fold.
Local knowledge, especially in the electronics sphere can be scant here in Melbourne, Australia. You are among a group of special enthusiasts whose wisdom, experience and encouragement has helped me maintain my 75. For this, I thank you all.

You probably don’t encounter the same lack of knowledge as we do. An example being that the driver of a flat-top recovery vehicle (despatched by the Royal Automobile assn.) didn’t have a clue about the CMP problem – his solution was to tell our local 75 owner that his “car was worth nothing” , the inference being why bother to solve the problem.

Could this be an omen? An old Rover advertisement is headed “Why do Rover owners keep on being ROVER owners?

Klazy, I hope your next vehicle gives you as much enjoyment as your family of R40s gave you.

Thanks again Klazy and best wishes for your future.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote