Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th June 2018, 10:37   #1
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Default Rover 75 prices rising

Prices of 75s are going up over here on western australia!!
Last 2 that were advertised were low km cars around 60,000kn
and in cracker condition and advertised at around 7k aud.
Just shows low km good condition cars ate still pulling good money!!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2018, 12:32   #2
Roker
Regular poster

2001 Connoisseur

Default Finally got one

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
Prices of 75s are going up over here on western australia!!
Last 2 that were advertised were low km cars around 60,000kn
and in cracker condition and advertised at around 7k aud.
Just shows low km good condition cars ate still pulling good money!!

After 5 months of searching finally got one and it is probably one of the ones you are on about here. 60,000km and immaculate. Pick it up tomorrow. Was beginning to despair as most of these are over east and didnt really want to fly over and drive a 15 year old car back from Sydney- but was prepared to for the right car. Now I dont have to :-) Patience paid off.
Roker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2018, 22:28   #3
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Could be a good time to fill a container with cheap Rovers from the UK and send them to sell in Oz - plenty of presentable ones over here for a few hundred £.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2018, 23:00   #4
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roker View Post
After 5 months of searching finally got one and it is probably one of the ones you are on about here. 60,000km and immaculate. Pick it up tomorrow. Was beginning to despair as most of these are over east and didnt really want to fly over and drive a 15 year old car back from Sydney- but was prepared to for the right car. Now I dont have to :-) Patience paid off.
Alan, your patience paid off.
If its the moonstone one , looks a treat and if i didnt have 4 of these great cars already (and one in moonstone) i would have gone for that one!!
Its listed as a 2001 ?
Must have been a late one as the boot badge is not on the boot as all the 2001 cars ive seen but more like a 2002 model.
Fully optioned as well.
Looks a lovely motor- enjoy the car !!

As for getting cars out here, not sure of the costs involved but as i recollect over a certain age cars are classed as collectable and can be imported.
Seen a few ex pat cars here so obviously can be done.
They certainly are becoming a bit rare over here and if reasonable condition pull decent money.

Last edited by genpk; 16th June 2018 at 00:50..
Old 16th June 2018, 09:25   #5
Roker
Regular poster

2001 Connoisseur

Default Connoisseur

Genpak,

Yes it is the Moonstone one. It was advertised as an SE, but it isn't. I paid the full asking price just based on what I saw on the web last night, as having two previous contenders sold from under me at the 11th hour, didnt want to miss out for the want of 500 bucks or so. It turned out to be exactly as stated when i paid for it this morning after a test drive, with only a slight dent and a couple of scratches I will have to deal with at some point. Brakes are new but not good at stopping, so will need to sort that.
The main computer panel is pixelated more than normal and there is a traction control light that wont go away. Other than that, there is a couple of trim clips that need replacing and some knackered plastic bits that will need sourcing.
Belts , thermostat housing and water pump all changed late 2012, so may need doing again sooner rather than later and sunroof/plenum drains will need doing..
Interior is like brand new - literally.
So, presently am a happy camper. The Alfa Spider has been relegated to my newly sorted shed and the 75 is tucked up in the garage for the night. The neighbour wants to buy my enduro bike and am fighting my missus to let me keep it. Time will tell, but i only have one NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- i suppose to spread over 4 vehicles, so if i lose that battle, i dont really care.
Old 16th June 2018, 09:30   #6
Roker
Regular poster

2001 Connoisseur

Default Connoisseur

Genpak,

Sorry, didnt answer your main question. it is 10/2001 registration from the compliance plate on the B pillar.
Old 16th June 2018, 22:52   #7
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

It must have been when mgr just sfarted the updated model given that date.
As for all the bits, sounds great.
Re paint and any leather touch up stuff you need, theres a shop in wangara, Variety Paint n more , Steve, he has all the rover paint matches and has leather
touch up colours (sandstone beige) which ive setup with him.
Does a good moonstone paint match as well.
The pixel screen issue is a common one, there is a member on the forum that can repair them but is in the uk so you would need to remove the instrument cluster and send it to him.
Ive never done it and just live with it.
As you say the belts etc , its a hard one, they are suposed to be every 100,000km or 6 years, im guessing as its only done 60k they should ve ok for a while. When you get them done do the water pump as well as if original it will be getting close to end of life.
My cars started needing replacement stuff around 70k
Anything you need give me a bell, i may have spares or have figured out how to repair it !!
Old 17th June 2018, 08:33   #8
Roker
Regular poster

2001 Connoisseur

Default First impressions.....

Gave the car a bit of a run today and it goes extremely well. The glorious sun we had this arvo picked out some surface scratches on boot lid and a section of the roof, so will get that sorted pronto, but am a bit pedantic really, the car looks lovely as is.
Even my missus who thinks anything without a 5 year warranty is an old car, was making the right noises today about the new acquisition, but hinted that the Spider may have to go. I will fight that battle at the time the hostile armies get to our street. I think i am good until spring, as she likes the alfa before things get toasty in Oz and then again before it gets to the cold stuff. Cars are just transport for the prevention of sweat producing exercise to her.
Need to get on Ebay tonight and get a couple of key covers as these two are stuffed and one key may be cactus anyway but may he just a battery issue ( he says, hopefully, but secretly knowing it will not be). Will also need to get one of the flippy up plastic trim things for the inside of the passenger sunvisor, as it is busted. Also need to source some form of socket to get the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- security wheel nuts off as there wasnt one in the boot. Will also purchase some kind of bluetooth stereo/ gps, more to stop Plod from pinching me than anything else, as i am a b*gger( hopefully the asterisk stops the naughty word police) for picking up the phone when it rings. I also like to listen to what i want to listen to when i want to hear it, so a modern head unit is a must. A reverse camera addition might also be a useful ding prevention tool now that i have become reliant on that technology.
Going to run it for a month or so and assess what needs doing. I guess plenum and sunroof drain at this time of year is a priority and there are enough resources online for me to sort those. Will book it in to the guy you mentioned in Kinross to give it the once over. If he can sort the traction control idiot light, or point me in the right direction so i can do it, then that too would be a desirable outcome. The naff brakes,however, will need doing immediately as am suspecting booster issues. I seriously doubt that standing on the stop pedal in anger when necessary will produce the reduction in velocity that may be required in the shortest distance that may be necessary, when called upon to do so.The 75 has a very pretty front end and wish to keep it that way.
As for the computer pixellations, well that will just drive me barmy as i love pushing buttons, so will need to sort that. May even be worth buying a complete instrument cluster online and having it shippped to the guy in UK to fix, as no doubt any secondhand one will be knackered too. I have to go to UK at some point between now and year's end anyway, so i either take mine, have it fixed and bring it back as a Plan B or just forge ahead with Plan A regardless. Will see what can be done, in what time frame and with what resultant wallet thinning there may be.
The standard blue and white number plate has to go too. It looks awful against the Moonstone duco. Some of those spoofy new slimline euro ones will look great and complete the look.
Enough for now. Went out for brekky, had a drive around for a bit then had a couple of pints over in Woodvale. Time for a nana nap, before my boozy neighbour comes over with more coldies :-)
Old 17th June 2018, 08:43   #9
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

People put the wheel security sockets in the strangest of places.

Before buying another one look in the front centre armrest cubby box, rear centre armrest cubby box, the door pockets, front and rear ash trays, the glove box and whip the spare wheel out and have a good search of the boot.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2018, 12:36   #10
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Youve got a bit to sort but you will get there.
Re the instrument cluster, unfortunately they cant just ve swapped over without
being re synced with the car (vin numbers etc are coded to each car)
I belive a car will run with a donor cluster but error messages may come up.
As we have no t4 machines here, except maybe barbagellos in osborne park
another option to re code a cluster may be the free Toaf program which may work
Re coding keys is another issue. Toaf can do the security part (locking / unlocking etc) to the bcu but if you dont have the coded transponder chip in the key the car wont start as there coded to the ews box in the car.
I do have an ews coding machine that does code blank chips to the ews.

If you have any question re keys etc Marinabrian, a member on this forum is the guy to talk to.
He knows more about the electronics in these cars than one man should and has helped me out a few times with these sort of things.

Last edited by genpk; 17th June 2018 at 22:08..