Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th May 2018, 05:52   #21
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

I was extensively looking some time back, and the "fixes" provided did not seem to work. Mainly revolving around replacing with a different heater valve.
I, for one, would be happy if it was indeed the case, but I somehow doubt it, short of blanking off the water supply to the heater!

It is a deeply irritating problem, especially with 35 degrees outside.
Old 26th May 2018, 13:10   #22
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Remember thats a big old lump of iron up front, when it gets hot on these warmer days , you get a lot of radiated heat ( heat soak) coming back through the bulk head, so not from the actual heater its just adds to it .and you need a fully working air con to try to overcome this..

good luck sorting it .
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2018, 13:15   #23
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Remember thats a big old lump of iron up front, when it gets hot on these warmer days , you get a lot of radiated heat ( heat soak) coming back through the bulk head, so not from the actual heater its just adds to it .and you need a fully working air con to try to overcome this..

good luck sorting it .
while what you say is undoubtedly correct, it is of no significance to this debate.
The problem with the V8 is that the system goes AWOL at times, pumping heat from a fully open stinking hot heater matrix, while at the same time running the AC on full.
In that contest, easy to pick a winner!!, and it ain't the AC!!
Old 26th May 2018, 13:42   #24
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND23 View Post
There is a 'fix' for this 260 related problem posted over on the Two-Sixties site.
Seeing as nothing is publicly viewable (unlike here) then that's useful for non-subscribed members

You might be better off at www.whatbroketodayonmykitcar.co.uk

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2018, 15:32   #25
ND23

Not disclosed

Think you will find I was addressing subscribed members. Still I suppose if you've got nothing useful, sensible or helpful to add to this thread then all you can do try to raise a laugh at other peoples expense. Fail to see what your post is to do with the topic being discussed.
ND23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2018, 15:53   #26
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND23 View Post
Think you will find I was addressing subscribed members. Still I suppose if you've got nothing useful, sensible or helpful to add to this thread then all you can do try to raise a laugh at other peoples expense. Fail to see what your post is to do with the topic being discussed.
It's nothing to do with anything really, just wind the windows down if you are too hot, and wind them up if too cold, or better still buy a car where the HEVAC system isn't made from bits of Meccano and sticky back plastic

Mmm, kitcartastic

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2018, 07:42   #27
dbt01
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
I can't say if a fix has been found. But I was extensively looking some time back, and the "fixes" provided did not seem to work. Mainly revolving around replacing with a different heater valve.
I, for one, would be happy if it was indeed the case, but I somehow doubt it, short of blanking off the water supply to the heater!

It is a deeply irritating problem, especially with 35 degrees outside.
Don't know how many times I need to say this, but there IS a fix for that! OK, it's just a matter of fooling the system into not trying to be Climate Control at that time, just an A/C. NO mechanical work. NO bits and pieces, NO burning ankles when its 35c outside, just low cunning!

Yesterday was 31c here and I went and measured the screen level air flow temperature for you using a fridge-thermometer at 7c constant. No warm air at any level. Good enough?

It has worked for me for 2 years... will for you too, I'm sure. Caveat is that your condenser must not be blocked, your rad. fan system must work, your A/C compressor too and the system properly charged with correct refrigerant and 120ml PAG oil.

David

Last edited by dbt01; 27th May 2018 at 09:11..
dbt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 21:15   #28
RattyB
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBytheway View Post
Don't know how many times I need to say this, but there IS a fix for that! OK, it's just a matter of fooling the system into not trying to be Climate Control at that time, just an A/C. NO mechanical work. NO bits and pieces, NO burning ankles when its 35c outside, just low cunning!

Yesterday was 31c here and I went and measured the screen level air flow temperature for you using a fridge-thermometer at 7c constant. No warm air at any level. Good enough?

It has worked for me for 2 years... will for you too, I'm sure. Caveat is that your condenser must not be blocked, your rad. fan system must work, your A/C compressor too and the system properly charged with correct refrigerant and 120ml PAG oil.

David
It does work and work well. I've tried it on the creaking AC system in my fathers Mk1 2.0 V6 and it out colds the cold air on my two year old Focus, and it does it very quickly.
RattyB is offline   Reply With Quote