Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th April 2016, 08:35   #11
rontug
Loves to post

rover 75 Club SE cdt 2001

If you look at facts and figures only a small amount of people are on benifits,I worked all my life 43yrs was lucky enough finance wise,to retire a few years early.I paid into N.I to obtain a Old age pension,and also a comp pension both give me enough to live on but stops me getting any benifits,unlike a lot of politians who claim more in expenses in a year than I recive in a decade,I recently read about one in particular who reguly claimed £39 for breakfast and at the same time voted to reduce disability payments by £30.
rontug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 10:19   #12
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Problem is that the whole thing has become politicised; almost like divide and conquer! It is clear that some people need benefits however we've all known- or known of someone on the take.

I knew some people who were when I was much younger and I didn't take any action. They did get reported eventually as far as I know.

So an overhaul is needed- one that serves the people who actually need support.

I hope for a positive outcome.

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 10:36   #13
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyland Worldmaster View Post
Problem is that the whole thing has become politicised; almost like divide and conquer! It is clear that some people need benefits however we've all known- or known of someone on the take.

I knew some people who were when I was much younger and I didn't take any action. They did get reported eventually as far as I know.

Well said sir.

It's about time those with genuine needs stopped having to deal with the bad publicity caused by career parasites expecting the rest of us to pay for their fags, lager, tattoos and scratch cards.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Lord of Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 11:01   #14
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyland Worldmaster View Post

The system is/has supposed to have been overhauled.
When the government hire private companies to take control of the medical assessments and then be told by the government how many they expect to be signed off and fit to work, oh! and offered a bonus for every hundred or so of those ....that`s when you end up with genuine deserving people tossed to one side and left to deal with the stress, anxiety and fear of having nowhere or no one to turn to.
It is no wonder the suicide rate of people being signed off is climbing.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 19:56   #15
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Sums it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontug View Post
If you look at facts and figures only a small amount of people are on benifits,I worked all my life 43yrs was lucky enough finance wise,to retire a few years early.I paid into N.I to obtain a Old age pension,and also a comp pension both give me enough to live on but stops me getting any benifits,unlike a lot of politians who claim more in expenses in a year than I recive in a decade,I recently read about one in particular who reguly claimed £39 for breakfast and at the same time voted to reduce disability payments by £30.
That sums up my feelings about politicians exactly! i frequently see children of families, who through no fault of their own, find themselves dependant on benefits. It is certainly not the fault of their children.
Believe me it is very hard to live on benefits alone. Heat or food?
Yes I know there are those that are allowed to milk the system. They are very small in number and it is them that a crackdown on benefits should be aimed at. Certainly not those that are ill or disabled. Unfortunately that is exactly who these idiotic changes are effecting.
Two closing thought for those that think they know best. All disabilities are not visibile. Are disabled toilets only for folk in wheelchairs? How much extra does someone who suffers from severe arthritis have to spend on heating if they live up here?
Current DWP arrangements and tests are like many government departments ..
Not fit for purpose. A swift rethink is required and detailed thought put into stopping those that are abusing the system so that those in genuine need are not affected.
Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 20:28   #16
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

I'm on two sides of this, sympathising with both Murphy's and KC's point of view. All can say is from personal experience, someone in government needs to take a long hard look at the benefit assessment.
Personal experience is, paid in for over 45 years, didn't opt of SERPS and also paid for a private pension, purely to get better than basic state pension. Neighbour of mine only paid NI for 20 years, opted out of SERPS and didn't buy a private pension, so because of low income gets a pension credit top up, giving the same income as me.
So why did I bother!
I'd also remind fellow club members, recently a club member well deserving of disability benefit was put in fear of losing it, thanks to over zealous interpretation benefit rules.
So as far as I'm concerned, if someone is going to benefit from the extra I paid in, it should be someone with genuine disabilities, not my neighbour who preferred holidays abroad rather than save for old age.
MODS please note, this is not a politically based comment and not intended to breach club rules, just intended to balance the views of Murphy and KC.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 20:37   #17
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Certainly agree

I totally agree with that. Alas successive governments have failed to grasp the difference between those in need and the few ( I believe a very small percentage) who are just 'at it' and end up depriving those in genuine need and leaving the few that are at the capers alone. They must get this right before stopping money from those that can afford it least.
Chris

( and us Moonstoners must stick together )
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 20:47   #18
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
I totally agree with that. Alas successive governments have failed to grasp the difference between those in need and the few ( I believe a very small percentage) who are just 'at it' and end up depriving those in genuine need and leaving the few that are at the capers alone. They must get this right before stopping money from those that can afford it least.
Chris

( and us Moonstoners must stick together )
As I'm member number one of the exclusive Moonstone Owners Club I think you deserve Honorary Membership, only criteria for membership is you must keep pride in ownership of a Moonstone a well kept secret.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 21:17   #19
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Phone call this afternoon from working links (I am still not in the support group of ESA and am in the work activity group) told me If I do not attend tomorrow my benefit will stop.
Heart rate went to 120bpm when I came off the phone.
I blew up and don't forget I'm only three days home from a Heart double bypass.
I've a good mind to put all my scanned documents from the consultants, DWP etc onto photobucket ad post them here for all to see the stress I'm going through!

I am now approaching the press, I tell you this stress will kill me and I am serious

Last edited by murphyv310; 7th April 2016 at 21:21..
murphyv310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 21:50   #20
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Phone call this afternoon from working links (I am still not in the support group of ESA and am in the work activity group) told me If I do not attend tomorrow my benefit will stop.
Heart rate went to 120bpm when I came off the phone.
I blew up and don't forget I'm only three days home from a Heart double bypass.
I've a good mind to put all my scanned documents from the consultants, DWP etc onto photobucket ad post them here for all to see the stress I'm going through!

I am now approaching the press, I tell you this stress will kill me and I am serious
Trevor, So sorry to hear this.

Your GP should be able to offer help in making a successful claim.

Have you been denied ESA or PIP, you must appeal against their decision, have you been assessed by one of their doctors?

You have three good causes to be entitled to ESA, even PIP, 1: your heart double bypass, 2: your knee operation, and 3: your mental health related issues.

You would score the mobility rate for sure, have you applied? if not (you must).

Good luck sir, contact the CAB for their help.

All the best.

Last edited by Dallas; 7th April 2016 at 22:02..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote