Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th December 2010, 16:32   #171
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
QUOTE=RichB

On another note, I found another intersting quirk with the radio. When I was tuned into a radio station, I saved the channel into one of the presets. It then retuned itself using the RDS/AF function, but it saved the new frequency in the preset channel rather than keeping the original frequency I wanted. Is this right???

Probably, the radio in my VW reacts the same. The RDS will look for the strongest/ best signal to match the one set anyway, so I don't think it maters really.

Cheers,
Rich
It didn't do that on my Kenwood. I regularly spend time in two different areas with different frequecies for the national radio channels. I used to have the 6 presets on FM1 tuned to certain frequencies, and 6 presets on FM2 tuned to others for that particular area. I don't necessarily want the RDS changing the frequencies I locked in.

Maybe if my radio reception was better then RDS would work better. But sometimes I sit and listed to the crackle and the 'pulsing' noise it makes as it tries to search for a better signal for what seems ages and it doesn't find anything. I then do a quick manual sweep and find a much stronger signal????

Do even get me started on the TA function. If I switch this on it just seems to retune the radio to Classic FM!

Cheers,
Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 08:41   #172
e668ecp
I really should get out more.......

Range Rover Evoque and ZT V8 SE

It did this on my old Rover 414i's Philips head unit... most useful
e668ecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 11:33   #173
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Edd View Post
Can't agree with that... Fair enough if you disconnect the battery you have to reset all the channels again but if you change modes it should go back to the station you were listening to originally. IMHO

Edd
I was replying to it storing a new channel in a preset, if the RDS finds a stronger/better signal than the one you have tuned in the preset. My VW reacts that way too.

I agree that when you change the mode, then go back to listening to the radio, that it should return to the same station as you were listening to before.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 19:54   #174
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I was replying to it storing a new channel in a preset, if the RDS finds a stronger/better signal than the one you have tuned in the preset. My VW reacts that way too.

I agree that when you change the mode, then go back to listening to the radio, that it should return to the same station as you were listening to before.

Yep sorry I misread that.

Edd
Old 10th January 2011, 17:45   #175
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Default Latest Radio Reception Issues

All,

Drove up to Scotland today via the North East and even with the little in line amp in place, the radio reception in some areas borders on the non existent.

I think I will build one of the units that I mentioned in earlier posts and see what happens...I will update as soon as I have assembled the parts from their various sources and built it !.

One thing is sure, some of us are still having issues !

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 18:05   #176
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

My FM reception seems to only have three states - perfect, a rapid regular flutter with digital noise thrown in the gaps, or none at all - just noise. Not the white noise you usually get, but digital interferrence type noise. That same noise is even more prominent on AM, which is why I'm suggesting that the receiver might be being wiped out by the interference generated internally by the DD's digital circuits.

One of these days I'll spend a bit of time checking out the inside of the DD, check the screening and maybe isolation of supplies etc..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 10th January 2011, 18:12   #177
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKUK View Post
I could build this no problem...

Been researching the bits required and it would probably come in at around £15.55.with an enclosure and Aerial cable . plugs etc..
+ the time to build it of course !

This is buying the bits from quaser :

038KT: AM / FM Aerial Amplifier Kit
And
CAB459M: 2 core, 2 x 24/0.2mm, 6.0A, Red/Black ( 1M ) £10.08

Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT - £2.45

Maplin

Mini ABS 50x50x20 Bk - £1.69

Might have to see if I can put one together

This is what I am talking about....might order the parts so they are hopefully at my house when I get back from Scotland on Friday !!

If it works and that's a big IF, I will build them to order if anyone wants one, but I will have to work out a price for parts, labour and postage though.

Send me an Email HERE….

Last edited by MARKUK; 10th January 2011 at 18:17..
Old 10th January 2011, 18:17   #178
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

My reception is still not right either, I have the OEM amp working now, one of those in line amps and a splitter. I regularly drive from south to north and back and trying to keep a decent radio reception is driving me nuts.

Next thing I want to try is disconnect the input to the TMC to see what it sounds like without having the signal split two ways. But at the moment I've been needing the TMC function and it has been very useful.

I might then try the supplied TMC aerial along with the inline amp and see if that works.

Harry, I think the flutter you describe is the AF kicking in trying to find a stronger frequency. Turn AF off and that goes away. I must admit the AF function is quite frustrating, I've found it sometimes retunes to weaker (or non existant signals) than the frequency I had it set to. I hope that goes away when a decent reception solution is found.

Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 19:52   #179
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
Harry, I think the flutter you describe is the AF kicking in trying to find a stronger frequency. Turn AF off and that goes away. I must admit the AF function is quite frustrating, I've found it sometimes retunes to weaker (or non existant signals) than the frequency I had it set to. I hope that goes away when a decent reception solution is found.
Yes, I think you are right - I'll try that, thanks.

I had assumed the AF was AFC, in other words that it auto-fined tuned - rather than trying to find a separate stronger signal.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 10th January 2011 at 20:06..
Old 10th January 2011, 20:00   #180
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Default Radio reception poll

Have started a new thread with a poll in relation to issues...

Send me an Email HERE….