Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th October 2021, 10:48   #1
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

Default Insurance time again

My insurers Hastings sent me the renewal quote at £244. Money Supermarket had the same policy at £214 so I called Hastings and renewed at £212....definitely worth pursuing.
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:29   #2
yelnats
Avid contributor

MGZT-T CDTI+135 AUTO

Thumbs down

My insurance is due,renewal notice received,wanted a 16% increase,shopped around took out new insurance with Swinton and paid in full.
2days later received letter advising that the CUE database had advised there was a discrepancy in the info provided by me and to speak to them urgently.
did so and was informed of a "claim" I made in January 2017 that I had not disclosed and that to amend the policy they wanted another £60 added to the premium,
Completely mistified I consulted my diary and I had indeed had an self inflicted "accident",I had hit a low wall on my own property damaging the rear offside door and wing.
I reported this to my then insurers but stressed that this was not a claim and I intended to pay for the repairs and not involve them in any way,but they sought to put this on the database as they are obliged to.
This has come to light almost 4 years later,and Swinton would not budge blaming the Underwriters even tho' no claim was made and I bore the entire costs.
I have thus cancelled the policy within 14 days incurring a £25 administration charge which I could well do without and reinsured elsewhere without paying any extra,give or take.
I have a long memory >
yelnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2021, 18:28   #3
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I am sorry to hear your dad story. I’m just puzzled why you reported the damage to them in the first place if you intended to sort it out.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2021, 18:50   #4
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Also, I would be very careful because claim and accident/incident are two very different things.

The claim part is covered off by your NCD.

In addition, insurers ask whether any of the insured have been involved in any accidents within the last n years. You clearly have and reported it to the insurers at the time. Unless that incident has been declared to the new insurers, things could get sticky in the event of a future accident/claim.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote