Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th March 2018, 19:04   #61
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

This is the sad fact of life nowadays, when it’s injury lawyers they know the insurance company will pay but when you want to go to litigation yourself lawyers want their fee which is huge, up front.

The company you are claiming against will know this and hope you will just give up.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 19:24   #62
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
This is the sad fact of life nowadays, when it’s injury lawyers they know the insurance company will pay but when you want to go to litigation yourself lawyers want their fee which is huge, up front.

The company you are claiming against will know this and hope you will just give up.
i wont....

they have tried the old "you can have transcripts of all calls in 60 days"....

I can wait them out...

all i want is the difference between my insurance payout, and what it costs for a comparable replacement of the same spec and condition...
Old 8th March 2018, 19:25   #63
itcaptainslow
Avid contributor

200Vi & 214 SEi

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
Here's a sad reality...

I have good documentation, transcripts and timelines, photo's and a 17 minute audio recording of the CEO's office admitting wrong and apologising profusely...

Not one solicitor wants to take the case on without me paying them more than i am likely to recover...

looks like the small claims court is my only option....

All those legal eagles who advertise on TV that "they are on your side" and "fight for justice" are only interested in doing so if the profit margin is high enough...
Are you a member of a union with legal assistance benefit? Either that or check if your household or car insurance policies have legal cover, any of these could be worth following up.
itcaptainslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 19:42   #64
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Picked up another RX300 today... 2.5 hour ride over to Birmingham on the choo choo...

3.0 auto petrol with LPG duel fuel (low as 12p per mile)
full leather, sat nav, bells and whistles, AWD

identical to my old one but black interior in place of sandstone, 2 years younger and 50k less on the clock...

120 mile drive home and never missed a beat...

Few small jobs to do but just to make it more comfortable to the roving sales engineer... (tom tom permanent power supply, dash cam power supply, phone charge point etc...)

let's start again shall we....
Old 9th March 2018, 20:31   #65
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
Picked up another RX300 today... 2.5 hour ride over to Birmingham on the choo choo...

3.0 auto petrol with LPG duel fuel (low as 12p per mile)
full leather, sat nav, bells and whistles, AWD

identical to my old one but black interior in place of sandstone, 2 years younger and 50k less on the clock...

120 mile drive home and never missed a beat...

Few small jobs to do but just to make it more comfortable to the roving sales engineer... (tom tom permanent power supply, dash cam power supply, phone charge point etc...)

let's start again shall we....
Hope all goes well this time Peter.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 21:05   #66
Gunnerhavesome
Avid contributor

2001 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Con SE, Range Rover P38 4.6 for my Russian winter home

Location: France Feb to October/Sevastopol Crimea November to Jan

So sorry to read of your experience and pleased you are all ok. Over the last 40 years I have bounced back between the AA, RAC and green flag dependant on insurance company's or personal choice and unfortunately have had to use them all but have had nothing but excellent service from all 3 company's Green Flag a locked out car on a good Friday which 2 trucks and 3 men turned out within 30 mins and got me going. Blowing a gasket on a Friday afternoon in Bridgewater Somerset and getting me to Swinton Manchester and booked in for repairs when the garage had said no but as an RAC member stood preference. They turned out in 30 mins. The AA blown turbo on the M6 Friday night got me and the wife and kids taken home and the car removed to a service for repaired and brought to me at home when fixed. Best of all the RAC broken down in Kiev Ukraine and 30 mins later English speaking guy took to us a hotel took care of the bill and returned the car to us next day. I guess it just depends on the day your incident happens and who you get on the phone. As you can see I have no company loyalty as to them if your a member your a member it doesn't matter if you have had coverage 1 day or a 1000 days, gone are the days when you have your key to the RAC roadside assistance box and a nice badge to affix to your grill if you have been a member for x amount of years, you are just a member. You pays your money and takes your chance. For me it is the best money I spend each year weather I need them or not. I am happy knowing no matter where i am i have a rescue company no matter what their badge. Currently the RAC and i am in France
Gunnerhavesome is offline   Reply With Quote