Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th August 2014, 01:30   #81
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Default Petition

Spotted a link to the petition on Facebook, already signed it.
Needs to get into the thousands to be taken even a hint of notice from any of the government.
Wizzo337
Old 10th August 2014, 01:36   #82
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

100 extra since I shared it on various groups already today. If you got 100 sign a day it would fill up quick
Old 10th August 2014, 08:25   #83
Roverite
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Thank you all again for your support. At 9am today we had reached over 200 signatures, but the target to get the 'possibility' of a debate in Parliament is 100,000, but we do have until the end of next March.

I am going to try and E-mail the editors of the major motoring magazines, especially those that deal with older vehicles. I will also try the AA and RAC, not the main organisations, but their 'charitable' offshoots/foundations, that still comment on motoring issues. After all, these organisations were originally set up to fight bureaucracy and to stand up for the rights of the motorist, sadly, they now belong to large financial institutions, with different agendas.

The idea of getting support, or at least an understanding, from your MP, is excellent.

Roverite.
Old 10th August 2014, 09:39   #84
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Done. Don't forget that although the petition is about diesels the proposals will also affect owners of older petrol engined cars as well.

It seems to me that this is another face of the reasoning that spurred the 10year scrappage scheme as well. In their efforts to get sales car manufacturers have now made cars last too long (for them, it's like making everlasting batteries - not a good business move for sales). So the public get better secondhand 10 year old cars now - manufacturers can't sell new cars. Big car lobby needs gov't intervention to help them sell more cars...

But I don't believe that there's any large volume car manufacturers are British owned anymore - the profits mostly leave the UK - yes there are British jobs, but I'm not sure that should be valid motivation. I rant on, so I think I'll stop there...

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Old 10th August 2014, 13:25   #85
Roverite
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Done. Don't forget that although the petition is about diesels the proposals will also affect owners of older petrol engined cars as well.

It seems to me that this is another face of the reasoning that spurred the 10year scrappage scheme as well. In their efforts to get sales car manufacturers have now made cars last too long (for them, it's like making everlasting batteries - not a good business move for sales). So the public get better secondhand 10 year old cars now - manufacturers can't sell new cars. Big car lobby needs gov't intervention to help them sell more cars...

But I don't believe that there's any large volume car manufacturers are British owned anymore - the profits mostly leave the UK - yes there are British jobs, but I'm not sure that should be valid motivation. I rant on, so I think I'll stop there...
Good points, especially about petrol cars. Not everybody like diesels, I know, but the petrol users will also feel the effect. Old cars probably contribute more to the economy, taxes and the job market, than do new cars.

I have just E-mailed letters, complete with the link, to The RAC Foundation, The AA Motoring Trust (both offshoots of the RAC & AA, but with the motorists support credentials of the original organisations), Practical Motorist magazine, Car Mechanics magazine, Practical Classics magazine and Diesel Car Magazine. I have tailored the letters to each, in such a way, as to fit in with their titles. I will look at what further exposure we can get.

Roverite.
Old 10th August 2014, 14:11   #86
trimani
Passed Away

ROVER 75 V6 2Ltr 2001 AUTO / EMERALD MOTORBILITY SCOOTER

YES - YES - YES - YES - YES - YES

All done

trimani (Alf)
Old 10th August 2014, 14:16   #87
petespieces
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 auto

Done.

Even though I live in France, it could be contagious
Old 10th August 2014, 14:20   #88
Rickoshea
Loves to post

Jaguar I Pace

Sorry but this is just complaining about something that has not happen and if it does, will not come into affect for another 6 years by which time the very newest Rover will be 16 years old and don't think their will be many such owners wanting to commute into major city centres.

I am sure we are being lined up for increases in tax on Diesel cars and suspect the focus will be on reducing the BiK (benefit in kind) tax incentives on company cars and am also pretty certain the BiK does not effect old bangers being used as company cars! So again, no impact on 75 owners.

Finally previous governments have been very good about not imposing retrospective charging to cars register before the change. The example was when the RFT rates were changed from cubic capacity to CO2. I remember it well as our MGF was more expensive to tax than a TF with the same engine, whilst our 2.5l auto 75 was less and half the price of a new 75.

How about a petition to thanks the government for the fall in fuel prices over the last 3 years that will have disproportionally benefits the financial challenged?
Old 10th August 2014, 14:35   #89
jmh2929
Regular poster

ROVER 75 Connie SE CDTI and a Connie tourer CDTI

Done for me and SWMBO
Old 10th August 2014, 14:41   #90
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

All done !!
Closed Thread