Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > The Pony Express
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th April 2014, 16:16   #11
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
What happens if the driver is involved in an accident of some sort?

*world war three!* heh heh...

Back in the days when I bought/sold/delivered cars for a living, the rule was:- if I crashed one, the boss made me the proud owner at cost!!! fortunately it never happened..
That would be up to Dug to arrange cover for, but in 50 years I have never had to make a claim against my policy, but a few against others.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 16:53   #12
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Default I'd love to, but doyo realise the cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopydug View Post
I know its a long shot- just thought I would ask - have bought a diesel 75 and can go myself but need to take a day off work which isn't easy right now
OK checked out the train fares using advance purchase, Guildford to Bromley then Kirkaldy to Guildford just under £100 plus fuel for the car.

So did a random check for people in other locations such as Birmingham, the number of train miles are about the same so advance train tickets are only about £5 cheaper.

Then of course there's the driving time, plus journey home time, so sensibly, pick up car mid late afternoon, drive into the night, stop for nap, deliver next morning and have another nap on the train home.

Looked costly at first but then again, your cost of travel to pick up car plus, loss of days pay would probably work out about the same.

Luckily I have Green Flag any car cover that in the unfortunate event of a breakdown covers me for cost of taking to destination (Fife)

So if you get stuck PM me and by the way, I too am retired so flexible re-dates.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 17:02   #13
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjay View Post
OK checked out the train fares using advance purchase, Guildford to Bromley then Kirkaldy to Guildford just under £100 plus fuel for the car.

So did a random check for people in other locations such as Birmingham, the number of train miles are about the same so advance train tickets are only about £5 cheaper.

Then of course there's the driving time, plus journey home time, so sensibly, pick up car mid late afternoon, drive into the night, stop for nap, deliver next morning and have another nap on the train home.

Looked costly at first but then again, your cost of travel to pick up car plus, loss of days pay would probably work out about the same.

Luckily I have Green Flag any car cover that in the unfortunate event of a breakdown covers me for cost of taking to destination (Fife)

So if you get stuck PM me and by the way, I too am retired so flexible re-dates.
Just checked what it would cost using trains to and from Garforth, about £75 so an offer from Garforth is a good deal, presumably they are desperate to get people in Garforth to use trains.
Old 11th April 2014, 17:14   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjay View Post
Just checked what it would cost using trains to and from Garforth, about £75 so an offer from Garforth is a good deal, presumably they are desperate to get people in Garforth to use trains.
Walk in passengers maybe, but the car park is always over flowing with commuters.

That is cheaper than I expected, its not third class is it .

So the question has to be asked, is this a go'er and when?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 11th April 2014, 17:36   #15
doopydug
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for your help guys - I will phone the seller tonight and see if it can be done early next week - Monday or Tuesday
doopydug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 17:43   #16
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopydug View Post
Thanks for your help guys - I will phone the seller tonight and see if it can be done early next week - Monday or Tuesday
Hope you've done your homework this time Ian, lol hope it turns out to be better than the last one too.
Old 11th April 2014, 18:31   #17
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Hope you've done your homework this time Ian, lol hope it turns out to be better than the last one too.
The ad reads like its a good one and it looks like a very clean example and some way to go to run it in yet.

Old 11th April 2014, 18:58   #18
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Default Third class, no such thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Walk in passengers maybe, but the car park is always over flowing with commuters.

That is cheaper than I expected, its not third class is it .

So the question has to be asked, is this a go'er and when?
The PC brigade abolished 2nd and 3rd class years ago, there's now only 1st class (for Rover drivers) and standard class (for non Rover drivers).

The prices I quoted were based on a combination of 1st class where available and standard class when not. This was using a combination of Railcard discount and advance booking.

I was not being extravagant, just if you know the ropes this system gives 1st class wherever possible for less than usual standard class.

Train companies use reverse bucket prices to airlines, in other words sell enough cheap tickets in advance to cover the journey cost, then only sell full price tickets to ensure a profit.
Old 11th April 2014, 21:36   #19
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

If I'd spotted this sooner I'd have volunteered Ian, I have the added advantage in that I get free rail travel!! I did 27 years in the rail industry and as a result retain my free rail travel for life!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 22:16   #20
doopydug
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
If I'd spotted this sooner I'd have volunteered Ian, I have the added advantage in that I get free rail travel!! I did 27 years in the rail industry and as a result retain my free rail travel for life!
May take you up on that, yet, Steve, if your offer stands - lets see how things pan out - it would be nice to meet another local member too
doopydug is offline   Reply With Quote