Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th June 2017, 05:42   #11
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts

I was in London yesterday but away from London Bridge, I, along with 30 others were at a Foreign Section reunion in a pub near to the Tower of London. My mate and I left early, got a meet to go today, and we walked back to Liverpool Street station. We never gave it a thought that they my be a terrorist attack along the way.

I worked in London when the IRA were trying to destroy the place. We heard the bomb that went off opposite the Old Bailey. We was evacuated towards Smithfield Market but were turned away because of another suspect car. We waited in a pub, as you do, for the all clear and returned to work. We just took it in our stride.

I do not think that you are safe anywhere in this country. Yes, I feel sorry for the untimely and unnecessary deaths of innocent people but we cannot let these idiots rule our lives. Yes, I agree something should be done but what.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 05:50   #12
steveo
I really should get out more.......

None

Default Thoughts and prayers

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the innocent victims of this senseless attack
Once again our emergency services did a fantastic job in very difficult circumstances

Steve & Wendy
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 07:00   #13
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

We and our two grandchildren were at the Market on Thursday, visiting the Clink Prison it was packed then with foreign students, we are so sorry this has happened too innocent people, our thoughts and prayers go out to those killed and injured, who were trying to enjoy a night out, and were confronted with this nightmare.
May those responsible rot in hell.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 07:15   #14
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I was in London yesterday but away from London Bridge, I, along with 30 others were at a Foreign Section reunion in a pub near to the Tower of London. My mate and I left early, got a meet to go today, and we walked back to Liverpool Street station. We never gave it a thought that they my be a terrorist attack along the way.

I worked in London when the IRA were trying to destroy the place. We heard the bomb that went off opposite the Old Bailey. We was evacuated towards Smithfield Market but were turned away because of another suspect car. We waited in a pub, as you do, for the all clear and returned to work. We just took it in our stride.

I do not think that you are safe anywhere in this country. Yes, I feel sorry for the untimely and unnecessary deaths of innocent people but we cannot let these idiots rule our lives. Yes, I agree something should be done but what.
Bob you ask what can be done?

Greater intelligence gathering by the security services through collection of information from the public and social media sites. Surveillance of the mosques when prayers are called and any place where people are thought to be radicalised. Those returning from Syria should be refused entry and deported. The terrorists should not locked up, as we know that in prison they grow stronger, instead extraordinary measures need to be taken with the terrorists being executed. As you might know, Kenya has been at war with Jihadi extremists. Earlier on this year, the Kenyan government issued orders for the police to round up terrorist suspects and execute the lot of them. Since then the number of atrocities have dropped. 100% praise for the bravery shown by the British police in taking out those 3 maniacs last night.

My thoughts are with the victims and with the families.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 07:19   #15
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

It's reported that the three attackers were shot dead just 8 min after the attack started. But for that remarkably quick response there could have been many more innocent victims.

I think it has to be accepted that if we have these religious extremist nut-jobs on our streets there is not much that be realistically done to prevent such an attack - but we can hone our skills at how to respond.

The speed of response was both remarkable and wonderful.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 07:26   #16
zedhed
Posted a thing or two

zt saloon turbo

the way it's looking we will forced to form our own defence and fight these scumbags,just like the Mexicans did against the drug gangs.
zedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 07:36   #17
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Even if May had kept the threat level at maximum could this have been prevented?
Trump tried to ban people entering from some countries, that failed so not sure we could impose it and this would effect the innocent.

There is a risk that innocent Muslims will become victims in retaliation attacks. Is the Muslim community doing enough to stop the attacks and radicalisation of people but then, did the Irish do enough to stop the attacks?

Part of me says well done the police for killing the 3 attackers but the other part wishes they had been captured and tortured mercilessly for years to come
thoughts and prayers to the innocent victims and families of this senseless attack.

I would suspect trying to see who the attackers were was not that easy in the panic and mayhem

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 08:18   #18
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Bob you ask what can be done?

Greater intelligence gathering by the security services through collection of information from the public and social media sites. Surveillance of the mosques when prayers are called and any place where people are thought to be radicalised. Those returning from Syria should be refused entry and deported. The terrorists should not locked up, as we know that in prison they grow stronger, instead extraordinary measures need to be taken with the terrorists being executed. As you might know, Kenya has been at war with Jihadi extremists. Earlier on this year, the Kenyan government issued orders for the police to round up terrorist suspects and execute the lot of them. Since then the number of atrocities have dropped. 100% praise for the bravery shown by the British police in taking out those 3 maniacs last night.

My thoughts are with the victims and with the families.
If only we could emulate just some of the firm stance some other Governments manage

My parents were in the Norfolk Hotel just days before the bombing in 1980. And as you say - it was common knowledge that the Kenyan authorities rounded up the perpetrators and the facilitators of that atrocity and that Kenyan wildlife ended up having a bonus meal.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 08:45   #19
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Seventh fatality now confirmed. Quite a few in critical condition, too.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 08:49   #20
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Even if May had kept the threat level at maximum could this have been prevented?
Trump tried to ban people entering from some countries, that failed so not sure we could impose it and this would effect the innocent.

There is a risk that innocent Muslims will become victims in retaliation attacks. Is the Muslim community doing enough to stop the attacks and radicalisation of people but then, did the Irish do enough to stop the attacks?

Part of me says well done the police for killing the 3 attackers but the other part wishes they had been captured and tortured mercilessly for years to come
thoughts and prayers to the innocent victims and families of this senseless attack.

I would suspect trying to see who the attackers were was not that easy in the panic and mayhem

macafee2

The threat level wasn't May's decision to make ... It is made by the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre (JTAC). I tend to agree with the rest of your sentiments.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote