Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st May 2013, 09:23   #1
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Default Rover 75 Club (with extras). '02 plate. White gold *NO LONGER AVAILABLE*

After much thinking I've decided to put my 75 up for sale. There is a very simple reason for this, and it is thus: I want a V6

I bought the car on the 19th of December from a company near Doncaster. It has just shy of 86,000 on it at present. The car passed its MOT last November with no advisories at all.

In that time I have completed the following:
  • Full service (All filters, spark plugs, oil change, pollen filter)
  • Plenums were dry when I got it & checked regularly
  • New ignition components (coilpacks & leads)
  • New rear light seals (courtesy of Jeremy)

It has not required any mechanical work since then. The car drives nicely, starts on the button every time, no clonks or knocks from the suspension. The K series engine is smooth and quiet. There is no oil or coolant use what so ever. Levels have been checked on a weekly basis since I got the car.

I have sorted some light surface rust in the boot by sanding down and treating with a kurust solution, and painting with kurust paint over it. There is a thread documenting it on here too.

Outside, the car has received some nice additions. It has pre project drive things such as torpedo badges, boot plinth and boot badge, c pillar finishers with the badges etc... I have also added chrome door mirrors from a connoisseur. Also added front fog lights.

Inside it's rather a half finished project I'm afraid. Everything is there and complete. I have replaced the dashboard wood for a light oak dashboard. I can either leave this, or put it back to (plastic) walnut that came with the car. I'll put some options at the bottom of this thread regarding this. The centre console and glovebox have been converted to the dark grey out of an MG ZT. I can supply the original smokestone centre console which I still have for the vehicle if required.

Inside it also has the buttons fitted for heated seats. The looms for the heated seats are already in place, but the old cloth seats are still fitted. Just needs a set of leather and you're ready to go.

It is now an 11 year old car, and of course it isn't perfect. There is a small crack on the front bumper which has been there since I purchased the car, and at some point in its history one corner of the rear bumper has been touched up badly. The rest of the body work is in good condition, and comes up very nicely having been clayed, polished and waxed recently.

A little note on the aircon too: It works! Nice and ice cold.

Mechanically the only down side I can think of is that the aux belt seems a bit whiny - especially noticeable when you engage the aircon. There was very little history with the car when I bought it. The chap I bought it off told me the head gasket had been done at about 68,000 along with the timing belt. There is no documentation for this, although my garage man has had the timing belt cover off and in his opinion, it has been done.

I had the car inspected when I bought it by the same garage man (trusted - used him for years) and he gave the car a clean bill of health. Anyone is very welcome to come and inspect the car - poke around to your heart's content! If you pull up anything, you'd be doing me a favour too - I don't want to sell a pup to anyone. Especially a forum member!

If this car achieves the asking price, I'm happy to include the following: All the upgrade bits currently fitted to the car. In addition I will throw in a (not fitted) Light Oak steering wheel (absolutely A1 condition), light oak gearknob, real leather armrest (can fit if you like too - ash grey OR sandstone), anything original to the car I've taken off (walnut dash etc...).

I'll be asking a for a bit less for the car, if you want me to put the standard mirrors back on, and replace the light oak interior with the original walnut, and without the other items listed in the paragraph above.

£1000 gets you everything, including a pretty much free pick at my spares pile.

£850 gets you the car, minus the bits noted above. The pre project drive bits will remain, and front fogs etc... will stay with the car.

Of course I'm open to offers as always - so, feel free to make them! The worst I can say is no. I'm also very open to a deal or part ex deal. If you've a V6 or anything else, I'm sure we can work something out.

Pictures:

If you want any specific pictures, I can take and upload.

Last edited by Sebastienclement; 1st May 2013 at 10:07..
Old 12th June 2013, 10:19   #2
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Due to work problems / not being paid for getting on four months now, I'm going to have to sell this vehicle.

Since the photos, it's had a harmony head unit fitted to make it look more standard. I've replaced all the clips on the door cards so they're secure. I have taken the chrome door mirrors off and replaced with the originals (colour coded white gold), but the front fog lights will be staying.

I need this vehicle gone, so price lowered to £800 AND ALL OFFERS SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED

Car is located just west of Hull.
Old 12th June 2013, 10:20   #3
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

She doesn't look half bad, y'know...

Old 4th July 2013, 09:08   #4
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

£650

Any takers?
Old 4th July 2013, 12:22   #5
cardaft
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

That does look like a very smart example, its worth your asking price and some.

Have you got it advertised elsewhere? Can often be a waste of time but for a quick sale, ebay might be an option.
Old 4th July 2013, 17:05   #6
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

And as I was just going to put it on eBay, I've had some good news, so the car is staying!

Could a MOD close / delete this thread now?
Old 4th July 2013, 17:35   #7
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastienclement View Post
And as I was just going to put it on eBay, I've had some good news, so the car is staying!

Could a MOD close / delete this thread now?
Glad you've had good news and the car is staying .

Title edited to show no longer available and as requested thread closed.
Closed Thread