Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th October 2019, 15:56   #21
Richard1973
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanks for your quick reply.
You have spurred me on and I think I have fixed it.
I have undone all of the loom tape on the loom I was supplied and determined that the bulk of the wires from the blue plug do go directly to the CD changer bar a couple of thin red and white with yellow flashes wires, that are joined in a bridging block and then go to a thick wire of the same colour that joins the main loom.

I went out to the car and found the same thick red, white and yellow flash wire and found that as part of previous bodging, it has a bullet connector on the end.

I made up a temporary bridging wire and plugged it all in and voila I have a CD player.

Just soldering the two thin wires together now and will then put them into a bullet and try it again before hopefully putting the car all back together again.

Last edited by Richard1973; 19th October 2019 at 15:59.. Reason: Clarity
Richard1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2019, 18:23   #22
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Hi Richard Glad it all worked out,and that I didn't get my wires crossed!!!!
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2019, 17:14   #23
MarkS
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer, called Perseverance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
Hi Richard Glad it all worked out,and that I didn't get my wires crossed!!!!
As the Symphony/Alpine CD players are approaching 20 years old, the grease inside them is drying up, leading to all sorts of failures within the CD player.
If you turn up to the Poole meet this weekend, I will remove and regrease the CD mechanism.

Last edited by MarkS; 21st October 2019 at 17:18.. Reason: Regrease
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2019, 10:58   #24
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

HI Mark As you know Cd players I wonder if you could give me some advice on an annoying problem which arose earlier in the year. I purchased one the BMW 46 Octacore
head units which were being offered on this forum. When I inserted my first CD it played but never came out again!! No amount of fiddling will bring it to the service.
The two main players "Andy" (that proved not to be his name , the same went for his place of residence Canada was false)Equally Rob the UK technician is very hard to pin down so that back up is virtually nil!
So I wonder if you could advise on accessing the player or removing the CD?
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote