Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th December 2011, 20:32   #1
courier118
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+

Default Lower skinny steel cooling hoses for ZT / 75 available

Starting this as a new thread,feel like we are going over old ground and banging head against brick walls springs to mind,but here we go,one last time.

We have available,with a minimum of 10 orders at £65 plus P+P the lower metal cooling hoses for all V6 petrol engined 75"s and ZT"s

The pipes we have on offer are to replace part number PFV000090 which when last available retailed at £52.84.These are for cars from 2001,VIN 235721 onwards.

There are basically 2 types,we call them fat and skinny,the above are the skinny type.
The fat pipes are part number PCP102531.These are for cars upto 2001,upto VIN 235720.When these were last available they retailed at £125.52.
All the above pipes are no longer available

To reiterate,this is only for the later skinny type part number PFV000090

The pipes run across the front subframe right by the radiator.
MG Rovers mistake was to make them from mild steel and they are now at an age where corrosion is causing them to leak.

Every V6 owner should take the belly pan off and check these pipes if they intend to keep there car for a few years yet.You will probably find they"re on there last legs.
If this chance to have them made up goes then thats it.

We have literally a few weeks to get the minimum order of 10 as the manufacturer is slowly running out of patience and he will shelve the project due to lack of interest.

If you are genuinely interested and can commit to buying then please reply to this stating that you want a set.

Please can we keep this post for people who need a set.Any questions you have can be found in previous posts to which there have been many.These can be found doing a search in the search box.

Lates is the guy whos been working hard to get this project off the ground due to the amount of people asking him for sets of these pipes.For some reason now we only have 2 confirmed orders.

Time is of the essence now and its running out fast.

Many thanks
courier118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 08:53   #2
radi8or
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi Dale,

Can you put me down for a set of these please.

But may I ask a couple of questions, ahh ok thanks

In the picture of the sample post #20, the ends of the pipes don't have any flareing, will this be added to the final offering or will the connections be secure without.

Also what of the sample Lates has sent to GerryT, would hate to buy this one and Gerry comes up with a set in stainless.

Cheers
Old 11th December 2011, 09:23   #3
courier118
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+

Hi Bob

The flaring will be on the pipes,that pic is the first one sent back to see if it is satisfactory for what we need.

As far as im aware the Gerry project came up as a no no.Lates is the guy who can confirm that.

Any orders can be placed with lates or i can pass them on as im passionate about this not only because i want one myself,but the effort lates has put into this and i"d hate to see it fail

Regards
Dale

Last edited by courier118; 11th December 2011 at 09:31..
Old 11th December 2011, 09:58   #4
radi8or
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

I'l leave it up to you, if you want to pass it on would be grateful.

I have been after one for ages, second hand ones I have found were all well rusted. The one on the car seems ok at the moment but better safe than sorry.

Can't believe more v6 owners haven't taken this up, unless being so near christmas is a factor.

Agree if it falls through after all the effort Lates will be gutted.

Cheers
Old 11th December 2011, 10:57   #5
gerry3
Passed Away

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi8or View Post
Hi Dale,

Also what of the sample Lates has sent to GerryT, would hate to buy this one and Gerry comes up with a set in stainless.

Cheers
I did receive a set of pipe's from Lates but they were of the older type and much more complicated to reproduce and would need expensive jigs, the cost of which would make low production numbers prohibitive.

With regards to the later type, which Lates have now on offer, I never did receive any offers from members to lend me a set for valuation so I could not pursue the matter further.

My own recommendation is that any one who thinks they may need this type ( small ) of pipe's order them from Lates now because unless he can sell 10 then none of theses will be made.

Gerry3
gerry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 11:33   #6
courier118
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi8or View Post
I'l leave it up to you, if you want to pass it on would be grateful.

I have been after one for ages, second hand ones I have found were all well rusted. The one on the car seems ok at the moment but better safe than sorry.

Can't believe more v6 owners haven't taken this up, unless being so near christmas is a factor.

Agree if it falls through after all the effort Lates will be gutted.

Cheers
Your name has been passed on bob along with MN190,so thats 3 deffo.Like you said can"t believe theres no more takers yet but as you say xmas is nearby and not everyone has the money available.The pipes wont be produced until early new year,so there is time for anyone who thinks you have to pay now.
3 down,7 to go
Old 13th December 2011, 17:24   #7
Simon.h
This is my second home

Previously owned- MG ZT V6 160 Y plate Lpg, MG ZT 190 2003 In Rare Celestial Factory Ordered Lpg MG

Hi courier118,

Whats the dead line? As due to the bad weather and work load i just have not had the time to look at mine.

How you doing on numbers now?
MG ZT 190 2004 lpg
Simon.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 18:30   #8
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

I'd be interested in a set.

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2011, 10:15   #9
courier118
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+

Hi Simon.h and Stubs................Ive added you Stubs to list for lates,thanks for that.

Simon.h there isnt a deadline as in the next few days but we are looking at January/February 2012 for the required 10 orders at the latest.

The upto date list of definates is as below

Courier118
MN190
radi8or
STUBIE

so we have 4 down,6 to go,if you do want some then it will be 5 down 5 to go.The pressure is on you Simon.h we are all watching :xmas-smiley-004:
Old 14th December 2011, 13:52   #10
Simon.h
This is my second home

Previously owned- MG ZT V6 160 Y plate Lpg, MG ZT 190 2003 In Rare Celestial Factory Ordered Lpg MG

'No pressure then'

I will look this weekend.
MG ZT 190 2004 lpg
Simon.h is offline   Reply With Quote