Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th October 2011, 21:01   #1
soapy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Contemporary Diesel Auto

Default Some people.

My wife went in to Hull today to do some shopping upon returning to the carpark a lady came up to her and told her that a woman had hit our car got out inspected the damage and then calmly walked off.

Fortunately this lady had seen and witnessed this happen and waited for half an hour for my wife to return to the car and volunteered to be a witness to the incident giving my wife her details,the offending car had also not driven off after the incident but was actually still parked up next to our car so my wife took pictures of the damage to her front bumper and my rear bumper.

The damage itself was 2 scrapes to the bumper and scuffs to the top of the alloy nothing major but due to the attitude of the offending lady in not leaving her details i contacted the police and my insurers and hope she is punished accordingly.

This kind of thing really annoys me i could never do it to anyone but at least there are some people out there like the lady who waited for my wifes return who do care.

Pic below.

2011-10-15 19.19.03.jpg

Joseph Stalin.

Last edited by soapy; 15th October 2011 at 21:03..
soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 21:07   #2
Talago
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer 1969 Rover P6 3500 V8 1973 Rover P6 3500 V8

Yes, this kind of thing makes me mad. Hope you get her to sort it out.

A few years ago I witnessed something similar outside my work. Offender drove off so I left a note on the damaged car giving their details and mine as a witness. I wasn't called on to be a withness but a while later I got a visit from the owners of the damaged car thanking me for the information. The offender had been caught and agreed to pay for the damage.
Talago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 21:11   #3
tricia1470
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Ive left a note on some-ones car before now at tesco's i saw a guy smack his door off the car beside left a hefty mark I can tell you and walk off

I never heard anything though
Old 15th October 2011, 21:11   #4
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

One of my Volvos took a canny clout in Tescos carpark one night & someone left a note very kindly giving me the details of the car involved but they left me no contact details for themselves so sadly nothing could be done as effectively I had no witness.
On a similar theme I once very badly misjudged a parking space & ploughed into a car outside the chippy & when I got out to appologise etc. they drove off
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 21:13   #5
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

If I witness anything like that, I just write a note saying check your car for damage. It was struck by REG# /description and add my name and contact number.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 05:21   #6
peter1961
Gets stuck in

99/V connie cdt moonstone green saloon. 94/L 214 cabriolet dark blue

about 9 yrs ago my wifes mazda 323 ??? was written off in a qwik save carpark, the offending ******* was an east european immigrant with no licence or insurance.
when we got back to our car i started to tell my wife off because i could see the car had moved, i thought she had'nt applied the hand brake hard enough.
we then spotted a note under the wiper.
a caring lady had watched this scum ram our car 3 times while trying to reverse out, damaging the back door, decimating the rear three quarter panal, ripping off the corner of our bumper and actually dragging our car backwards and sideways.
he then drove off not giving a damn and leaving us to pick up the bill for his criminal behaviour. well not so, because of that ladies note he was brought to book.
we actually did quite well out of the criminal insurance scheme that we were given money out of, the car was only worth a couple of £100 and we recieved around £650, a happy ending yes, but it could have been happier.

my wife and i had bought the lady a large bunch of flowers, a large box of chocolates and a couple of bottles of wine. only to discover our daughter had destroyed the note containing the ladies TEL No .
peter1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 08:26   #7
steve811
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

A couple of years ago a colleague and I were working local to home. At lunchtime I rang my wife to tell her to put the kettle on! She asked me to go into Tesco and pick up some milk. Whilst coming out we both witnessed a woman drive into a very nice BMW and scrape it. She drove off without a word. I left my business card and a note telling the owner what I had seen.

About a week later the police called and asked if I would give a statement. I offfered to write it but the very nice WPC came to the house and took a statement. As I am used to writing and taking statements I was very sure about times, distances and visibility of the driver etc. The office then took all my details and when I asked if they wanted my colleagues she smiled and said " I think that when this lady reads this and finds out who you are she is unlikely to challenge this!". We never heard any more so I feel the woman accepted blame and had to pay up.
steve811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 12:17   #8
soapy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Contemporary Diesel Auto

Police and insurance company informed and given all the details so will sit back and see what happens.

Joseph Stalin.
soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 13:25   #9
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

I have been on the receiving end of this, luckily in a company car, but some scum did for both OS doors in my then 6 week old Renault 19 16v in the Lakeside car park.

Hope you get sorted..

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 13:54   #10
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Well at least the witness was kind enough to stay and let your wife know.

I have several times dobbed somebody by leaving their details when they have decided not to and been asked to give a statement.

I would never drive off and this goes to show, you never know who is watching.

So well done to that lady

Ian