Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th March 2017, 22:27   #1
frankgoldstar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny Saloon

Default Windscreen washer non-return valve

A note on a problem and a solution, plus potential helpful parts info.

I noticed some weeks ago that my washer jets were getting less and less effective.

Suspecting the filter in the washer bottle, I cleaned it but to no great effect.

Then the washers started to need a few tugs on the control stalk to get water up to the screen - back pressure (non-return valve) must be a bit goosed methinks.

rather than mess about with a low value part, I attempted to find a new non-return valve on the internet. No luck.

Most of the generic non-return valves had a different form factor to the original, so I did not fancy messing about with one.

I looked at the technical forum for help and found most people who had posted had, like me, had tried Rimmers etc., for a spare non-return valve and they appeared to be out of stock.

So I finally did the obvious and to my surprise, it looked like the valve would be able to be taken apart and so it proved.

Once disconnected, there is a grey plastic cap that can be carefully prized of and the interior of the valve cleaned.

There was a big lump of black gunge inside the valve and cleaning the valve and refitting the plastic cap proved effective.

So no need for a spare, but just in case (a sad case, in my case) I looked at Range/Land Rover parts suppliers and found that there was a (at this point, I have to confess I have lost the link and the memory of which supplier it was) a headlamp washer non-return valve for a Disco I think, that had the unusual shape of the 75 valve.

I suspect that it is exactly the same as the windscreen washer valve, but if you need one and find the valve on the internet, check with the supplier first.

They may not know if it will fit, but if your valve has died and cannot be brought back to life by dismantling and cleaning, it is worth a look.

Frank
frankgoldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 19:04   #2
Atlan
Avid contributor

rover 75

Low value part ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-...oAAOSwU~FWDO0A
Old 17th March 2017, 10:05   #3
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover