Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th December 2021, 22:14   #121
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Don't know where I can have been, as I haven't picked up any of these options as being imminent. We are such a crowded island that I cannot really see a solution that would be both workable and fair. I thank my lucky stars that I have on-site off road secure parking.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2021, 23:03   #122
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Section 72 of the Highways Act 1835 is used in the current Highway Code. Rule 145 states:

“You MUST NOT drive on or over a pavement, footpath or bridleway except to gain lawful access to property, or in the case of an emergency.”

There is sufficient in Law already to book or tow any vehicle obstructing "..pavement, footpath or bridleway..." since any vehicle will have by definition been driven onto or off of said pavement etc. (save the 'crane defence' which hasn't been seriously tested).
It's the will to take action that is lacking and changing/adding to/amending the current law does not alter that apathetic mindset of the authorities.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 08:50   #123
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

I did not think you could drive over a public footpath to gain access to your property without first dropping the curb installed by the local council?.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 09:16   #124
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

A neighbour of mine once made the comment "it's alright for you as you have a parking space off the road!" I reminded them that I had paid for that in the purchase of my home and that I paid road tax giving me the same entitlements as them when it comes to road use.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 09:27   #125
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Don't know where I can have been, as I haven't picked up any of these options as being imminent. We are such a crowded island that I cannot really see a solution that would be both workable and fair. I thank my lucky stars that I have on-site off road secure parking.

I thought I'd put the link in my thread https://www.transport-network.co.uk/...n-reform/17446

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2022, 15:32   #126
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

New motoring laws this year, May 31st 2022 will see councils issuing £70 fines for pavement parking

“The laws around parking on pavements is just one of many new driving laws coming into effect this year, with road user safety at the forefront of each.”
From May 31, councils in England and Wales will be given new powers to fine motorists up to £70 for minor traffic offences including stopping in yellow box junctions and driving in cycle lanes" https://www.heart.co.uk/news/drivers...-fine-new-law/

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2022, 22:22   #127
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

One of our cars was towed last year in an area where there are marked bays for 'two wheels on the pavement' parking. Turns out the bay had been half-heartedly removed & a single yellow line painted through it & my wife didn't notice. Rather than the ticket offence being parking on the SYL, it was for parking on the pavement.
We based the first (denied) appeal on the still clearly visible bay but it also turns out that a large area around there has a resolution in force to allow pavement parking & there are still many bays in the area where you can put two wheels on the pavement, the bays delineating where you can do it & yellow lines showing where you can't, as in the case of normal road bays. However, pavement parking itself is not an offence anywhere in the area that the resolution covers so it cannot be used as grounds for a parking ticket in that area.
We took it to tribunal & recovered the fine plus the removal charge back from the council though the adjudicator based it on the only partially removed bay clearly inviting parking, though the resolution also formed part of our appeal she didn't really take it into account. Our contact at www.pepipoo.com explained that often the adjudicators have to have the finer points of some aspects of the legislation explained to them but as we were successful in our appeal anyway it was academic what the given reason was. An interesting piece of information though.

Last edited by The Rovering Member; 1st March 2022 at 22:34..
The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2022, 23:55   #128
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Hopefully it will be enforced.

Our LA approved a neighbour's back garden new build a few years back, despite all the neighbours objecting to it and it not meeting the planning guidelines. One of the reasons we objected to was parking, they said this would be a police matter if I remember correctly. Anyway new owners of property as well as new owners of existing property park on the footpath.

Nick 'em. First time a fine, second time crush the motor.

Sorted.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2022, 14:36   #129
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

When everyone in a local road was fined for having 2 wheels on the pavement, everyone parked on the road and no refuse was collected for nearly 6 weeks. Emergency vehicles couldn't gain access either
Old 2nd March 2022, 14:53   #130
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I can see parking wars looming. I wonder if house prices will fall if they dont have their own parking or not enough parking.

Is this a cash cow or a safety issue?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote