Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd October 2021, 20:34   #91
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

We will run out of oil in approximately 50 years, natural gas a few years after that and coal about in about 100 years.

What is the world going to do then?

We have all got used to convenient cheap energy so we will either have a huge backward step or alternatives tp fossil fuels will have to come on a lot in the next few years.

Electricity can be used for a lot of purposes but Hydrogen or some other substance we can burn will need to come on for use by aircraft and other consumers of energy where electricity does not work.

Electricity and Hydrogen will need to be price compatible with Fossil fuels or the general population will carry on using the cheaper option until it becomes more expensive. Even taxing people to carry on using ICE vehicles will not work if it going to cost more to buy an electric car.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2021, 20:48   #92
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Im all a little confused, i understand that we have climate change and climates are changing but given we have all these climate models that seem to be inaccurate im not sure whether its all driven by mankind.
In Australia were supposed to be getting hotter and drier, here in Perth we have just had the wettest and coldest winter in 20 years!!!
A cleaner environment is a good thing but all these clean energy demands with no technology to support them need a rational response, there are hundreds of thousands of people who rely on jobs in traditional fossil fuel energy so a sudden disruption to there jobs will adversely affect many peoples lives and world economies.
Re heat pumps, was just talking to a plumber, he has just told me his hot water system supplier has told him he wont even be able to get any new hot water systems for a while after january- why ? because they use “smart technology which uses computer chips- which they cant get at the moment.
God help us all if the power grid goes down- everything will stop in the world
“they” have planned for us all!!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2021, 21:09   #93
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

WHAT your forgetting are these so called civil servants and mayors work for YOU!! THEY DONT RULE YOU LIKE you think they do, stand up man and demand some road tax back and compensation FOR loss of your car all districts around London should do this and stand up for yourself!! all of you PEOPLE POWER, not the illusion of power in suits which its NOT

same as covid BIGGEST FRAUD ever on the public!! for your health, and no doctor will see you!! what rubbish!! if they wont let you use a car that is road legal on PUBLIC OWNED ROADS NOT the Crappy mayors DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Last edited by Olde faithful; 22nd October 2021 at 21:13..
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2021, 21:11   #94
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
Im all a little confused, i understand that we have climate change and climates are changing but given we have all these climate models that seem to be inaccurate im not sure whether its all driven by mankind.
In Australia were supposed to be getting hotter and drier, here in Perth we have just had the wettest and coldest winter in 20 years!!!
A cleaner environment is a good thing but all these clean energy demands with no technology to support them need a rational response, there are hundreds of thousands of people who rely on jobs in traditional fossil fuel energy so a sudden disruption to there jobs will adversely affect many peoples lives and world economies.
Re heat pumps, was just talking to a plumber, he has just told me his hot water system supplier has told him he wont even be able to get any new hot water systems for a while after january- why ? because they use “smart technology which uses computer chips- which they cant get at the moment.
God help us all if the power grid goes down- everything will stop in the world
“they” have planned for us all!!
ITS ALL BS mate check out agenda 2021 & 2030, NO ONE will travel after 2030 its their plan, they dont hide it the Davos cartel/world governments and UN... AND YES ITS ALL DELIBERATE WORLD WIDE... The public have no idea whats coming from these NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- bags in world governments who are working for the UN/WEF/Davos mob. 2025 you will not recognize the world and im not talking about covid 19 BS

Last edited by Olde faithful; 22nd October 2021 at 21:18..
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2021, 21:20   #95
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
Geez, i think your fooling yourself if you think nuclear power is pollution free.
I produces highly dangerous stuff called radioactive isotopes with a toxic half life
of 100,000 years and will make any area it is released in uninhabitable.
Also need to find somewhere to bury the stuff so it wont kill anyone.
Yep, Australia is the second largest exporter of coal but i think our govt is at least trying to have a technology (hydrogen) to transition into green energy but not commit to unrealistic commitments that no technology yet exists for.
All these world leaders will commit to somthing but whether there countries will
keep the lights on and houses warm in the short term remains to be seen.
I will say one thing, if it comes to a choice between having a warm house and the lights with reliable base load power on at a reasonable cost versus being cold, no lights and expensive subsidised green power i know what the average punter would want.
All nuclear materials are mined from the ground, so by using them and then putting them back we reduce average radiation in the ground. As to local pollution issues, the containers for waste have been tested by dashing them at 60 mph without damage. The new reactors are very safe as long as the site chosen is safe. Deaths due to coal mining are in the hundreds of thousands. Deaths due to nuclear power are minuscule by comparison. Nuclear fission and eventually fusion are the way forwards for sure. Huge amounts of energy from a small land footprint which can also electrolyse water to produce hydrogen amongst other benefits.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2021, 21:53   #96
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
All nuclear materials are mined from the ground, so by using them and then putting them back we reduce average radiation in the ground. As to local pollution issues, the containers for waste have been tested by dashing them at 60 mph without damage. The new reactors are very safe as long as the site chosen is safe. Deaths due to coal mining are in the hundreds of thousands. Deaths due to nuclear power are minuscule by comparison. Nuclear fission and eventually fusion are the way forwards for sure. Huge amounts of energy from a small land footprint which can also electrolyse water to produce hydrogen amongst other benefits.
One big difference, you spill some coal or even some oil, you can clean that up
and still re use the area and it wont kill you.
You have a reactor leak,or radioactive waste dump , you cant use the area for
anything for the next 50,000 years- no room for error at all.
Hydrogen is the way forward i think, using green energy . If this works out it will be a game changer.
My gripe is the model world leaders and industrialists are pushing is societies total reliance on electricity to function.
How easy it would be to control society .
So we now have four pillars in controlling society, the industrialists, the technoligists and social media and the govt.
All working together to tell us what we all want the world to be !!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2021, 10:13   #97
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
There is an alternative - simply ban cars from major cities such as London, Birmingham, etc. and allow only delivery vehicles in/out. This is a little more drastic than ULEZ etc. but would address the pollution problems.

I have spent a lot of time in London and have either taken the train in or left the car at a relatives on the outskirts and always used public transport for travel within outer/inner London. There is no need for cars in the cities yet some families seem to own three/four vehicles
They need their cars so that they can escape each weekend - just look at the cars heading back to London on the motorways each Sunday evening!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2021, 10:17   #98
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
They need their cars so that they can escape each weekend - just look at the cars heading back to London on the motorways each Sunday evening!

Is that not another good reason to ban cars coming out of cities?

The countryside would be so much nicer if it wasn't for all the people wanting to come and enjoy it!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2021, 17:42   #99
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Everyone seems to be missing the point. It’s all bullshine. And sorry, but the teenager that seems to get more than her fair share of tv time, telling us what we should be doing, is just a puppet for the greens and the idiots. Wish I could get a chance to have an intelligent conversation about this so called man made global warning.
Old 23rd October 2021, 19:24   #100
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Just checked online, my 2003 190 is exempt from ulez charges London, Birmingham, Bath and Portsmouth!
(Shame I don't really 'do' cities!)
My 2003 75 tourer isn't exempt though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0845.jpg (141.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0892.jpg (139.7 KB, 17 views)
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote