Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th October 2021, 09:21   #31
mbev51
Banned

Removed

We run our c/h on oil as there isn’t mains gas here in the countryside of Cumbria. About to take a delivery of oil at 50p/litre, I’m told the average price across the country is 66p, we are lucky we are in a syndicate. This is also up significantly from the normal price. Luckily our local firewood supplier still has his price fixed for seasoned hardwood at £55 a dumpy bag. I’ve now got 5 cubes of wood, so should be good for the winter.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2021, 19:26   #32
Atlan
Avid contributor

rover 75

Good news for the sweep it is now 20miles shorter. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pete...78!2d57.149717
Old 17th October 2021, 21:07   #33
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
We run our c/h on oil as there isn’t mains gas here in the countryside of Cumbria. About to take a delivery of oil at 50p/litre, I’m told the average price across the country is 66p, we are lucky we are in a syndicate. This is also up significantly from the normal price. Luckily our local firewood supplier still has his price fixed for seasoned hardwood at £55 a dumpy bag. I’ve now got 5 cubes of wood, so should be good for the winter.

My quote yesterday for Gas Oil (Red Diesel) was 83p plus vat per litre.

Gas Oil is always a little more expensive than Kerosene and oil prices always seem higher in East Anglia than the rest of the UK.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2021, 11:14   #34
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Are we going to be in for more electricity price hikes! France's EDF who exports electricity to the UK has just shut down two of their nuclear power stations because of faults which brings the total to four nuclear power station closed down, This news has sent power prices on the market surging to record highs. I think I'll charge me car up now then https://www.rt.com/business/543544-e...mpaign=firefox

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2021, 09:58   #35
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Are we going to be in for more electricity price hikes! France's EDF who exports electricity to the UK has just shut down two of their nuclear power stations because of faults which brings the total to four nuclear power station closed down, This news has sent power prices on the market surging to record highs. I think I'll charge me car up now then https://www.rt.com/business/543544-e...mpaign=firefox
The cost of producing the electricity for the remaining working power stations remains the same and so there is no justification for any price rise. The French government should step in and block the price rises simply because the cost to supply EDF has not changed. It is all about money.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2021, 10:27   #36
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
The cost of producing the electricity for the remaining working power stations remains the same and so there is no justification for any price rise. The French government should step in and block the price rises simply because the cost to supply EDF has not changed. It is all about money.

macafee2

That's not correct.

The shut-down reactors still have almost the same per-hour operational cost as when they were operating - manpower, maintenance, investment interest costs etc.

With part of the generating operation out of service, the cost per generated unit of the overall operation has increased.

Then there is the supply vs demand pricing factor on the open market.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2021, 11:24   #37
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

My fixed price deal with British Gas for both gas and leccy, comes to an end on Jan31st 2022. The advice from Martin Lewis is not to get another deal but to DO NOTHING as you will automatically be transferred onto the standard rate, which is protected (by the government price cap) at the moment and is cheaper than any newly offered "deals"!
Old 22nd December 2021, 10:36   #38
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post

The various links between the UK and the continent are used to transfer power both ways:

https://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:57   #39
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

The gas price is reported to have risen 250% since January and more rises are predicted to follow with a large hike after April of 2022 when the cap will be raised again. Many in the UK I suspect have yet to experience what this all means for them courtesy of the price caps and some being on fixed tariffs which will have run or are still running through the current turmoil. And with Putin and his gang poised to kick off big time in Ukraine, some are strongly predicting it will be ~ 24/25 Dec 2021 for historical reason, who knows where we might be let alone energy prices come next year. Brrrrrr!
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 14:04   #40
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
The gas price is reported to have risen 250% since January and more rises are predicted to follow with a large hike after April of 2022 when the cap will be raised again. Many in the UK I suspect have yet to experience what this all means for them courtesy of the price caps and some being on fixed tariffs which will have run or are still running through the current turmoil. And with Putin and his gang poised to kick off big time in Ukraine, some are strongly predicting it will be ~ 24/25 Dec 2021 for historical reason, who knows where we might be let alone energy prices come next year. Brrrrrr!
Finally got our new Octopus energy account sorted out after our old energy supplier Avro Energy went belly up a few months ago. It said we need to up our duel fuel monthly payments by another £20/month from 2nd January. I was expecting it to be more than that to be honest after reading this yesterday. "European prices for natural gas exceeded $2,150 per 1,000 cubic meters for the first time ever, on Tuesday 21/12/2021, according to Intercontinental Exchange’s London clearing house."

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote