Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th September 2021, 12:32   #1
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Default Affordable classics that are better than money in the bank

Well according to the i's motoring page today -and they are

Triumph TR7 (1975-1981) -17% annual average price increase

Ford Sierra 1600 (1982-1993) - 8% annual average price increase

Porsche Boxter 986 2.5 (1996-2004) - 4% annual average price increase

Jaguar XJ6 S12.8 (1968-1973) - 19% annual average price increase

and TADAA

Rover SD1 2300 (1977-1986) - Annual average price increase 9%

Without saying all for good examples.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2021, 18:01   #2
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

This has been true for a while hence the increasing values. Interest rates at an all time low so people with money are looking for ''sure thing investments'' and as a bonus you can enjoy them.

Over the last 21 years my Interceptor has increased in value by about 7 or 8 times, I have a mate with a 2.8 Injection Capri, he paid £2800 for it 12 years ago and we all thought he was mad, it is probably worth at least 5 times that now. Who ever thought Allegros would be up for sale at over £4k I can remember only 5 years ago looking at a minter with 40k on the clock with 2 owners from new and thinking £400 was too much money.

What will be interesting is with the increasing restrictions on ICE powered vehicles over the next two decades is how this will affect the values?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2021, 19:45   #3
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
This has been true for a while hence the increasing values. Interest rates at an all time low so people with money are looking for ''sure thing investments'' and as a bonus you can enjoy them.

Over the last 21 years my Interceptor has increased in value by about 7 or 8 times, I have a mate with a 2.8 Injection Capri, he paid £2800 for it 12 years ago and we all thought he was mad, it is probably worth at least 5 times that now. Who ever thought Allegros would be up for sale at over £4k I can remember only 5 years ago looking at a minter with 40k on the clock with 2 owners from new and thinking £400 was too much money.

What will be interesting is with the increasing restrictions on ICE powered vehicles over the next two decades is how this will affect the values?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing regarding the values of cars we owned in the past or missed the opportunity to buy when we had the chance.
When I was a kid I used to go to work on weekends and school holidays with my dad at the garage he worked at and his best friend from school and all through his adult life who owned the garage had a 1967 MK1 Jensen interceptor which he bought in 1973 parked up in the garage and while my dad was working I'd just sit inside it for hours and dream of owning and driving it. The smell of the cream Connelly leather is still etched in the memory. I bought books by Mike Taylor and anything I could find about Jensen cars.
Years later in 2005 my dad rang to say his friend was retiring and selling up and I could have the Jensen for £1500 as it needed work and hadn't moved or been started for a few years. At the time a nice one could be bought for £6k. It needed new sills, rear valance amongst other things and the supplier at the time (Jensen parts and service) wanted almost 6k for parts alone. As much as I wanted THAT particular car as I'd sat in it from being so young my dad being logical at the time talked me out of it
The prices for a MK1 now are crazy and without a lottery win I've well and truly missed the boat of ever owning one now.
One thing my late dad always regretted was passing up the chance to buy his friends Jaguar E-type 3.8 that he traded in for the Jensen, he could have had it for £600 which the dealer in London gave him for it against the Jensen which he paid £2000 for. A lot of money in 1973
Like you say nobody knows how classic cars will go with electric cars taking over but at present prices are rising and anybody who has a car in top condition should hang onto it as they're increasing in value far better than the banks interest rates.
Old 8th September 2021, 20:54   #4
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Never looked at them as investments -just love the enjoyment they provide, and that is priceless. Euroboxes and electric vehicles will never give that. Classics have soul.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote