Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th August 2021, 00:44   #21
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Nosy Bleeders

Is he wrong or right one thing for sure when will we learn to keep our nose of of other peoples business, seems never.

https://imgur.com/gallery/qtbAtcL

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 05:50   #22
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

American politicians do little within the world without looking for some sort of “home advantage”. This latest debacle is no exception. Biden thought his supporters would praise him for “getting out” - and if done in a sensible orderly fashion I am sure everyone would be saying “job well done.

But now due to, Lord knows What, stupidity we have live people falling out or airplanes to their deaths and investigations into why there are human body parts wrapped around the retracted undercarriage of USAF aircraft.

American politicians are like politicians everywhere. They play to their perceived audience. George W Bush at an election rally spoke of US military action being “the Christian thing to do”.

That went down well in Kabul - “hey up lads - there’s another Crusade on its way!”

We see similar in this country - Certain politicians perform badly in the eyes of the country as a whole currently because for self destructive reasons that Party thinks that it has to only bother appealing to the inner M25 woke navel gazers. Even staunch supporters in other “normal” parts of the Country, turn their backs on a party that has abandoned them.

Politicians do stupid things and say stupid things when playing to the wrong audience.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 06:26   #23
mbev51
Banned

Removed

It will be interesting to see if the ‘special relationship’ is damaged long term. Our military cannot act alone, this has been true for a while now. Our navy would struggle to put a battle group together to protect our white elephant of an aircraft carrier. The world is a dangerous place.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 07:35   #24
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Is he wrong or right one thing for sure when will we learn to keep our nose of of other peoples business, seems never.

https://imgur.com/gallery/qtbAtcL
Arctic, I dont think it can be as easy as that. With what you are suggesting would mean standing back while genocide takes place. Genocide has taken place a number of times, who looks out for the innocent, the victims?
I do not wish to see service personal injured or killed but those that join should join knowing they may be asked to go into battle and may suffer all sorts of injuries or death. The strong standing up for the weak? Is standing up for the weak perhaps the thin edge of the wedge to starting WWIII?

I for one cannot get me head around dictatorships, suppression of the population and civil wars. All this killing, fear and destruction.

Wars will cease when men refuse to fight........ seen on a badge some 40 plus years ago, in fact, I may have even bought the badge

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 08:11   #25
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

"Wars will cease when men refuse to fight........ seen on a badge some 40 plus years ago, in fact, I may have even bought the badge"

This will never be, mankind is a reactive animal, shortage of food, space, over population, natural disaster, political stupidty, crop failure etc. are all drivers of events which can lead to war.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 08:18   #26
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Who gives a flip of a coin! it is done and nothing can be done about it.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 14:36   #27
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
This will never be, mankind is a reactive animal, shortage of food, space, over population, natural disaster, political stupidty, crop failure etc. are all drivers of events which can lead to war.
Some are predicting wars over water rights

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 15:46   #28
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

There was no genocide taking place in Afghanistan, tne americans saw the excuse to get in there for their business interests, remember the pipeline? and silly billy British politicians swallowed the democracy/womens rights story and sent our armed forces off to get killed and injured. I have said and say it again the various tribes and religious sects have been killing each other for many hundreds of years. Most politicians in this country can read/dont read their national history and even approve an education system which ignore or re writes it according to their fuzzy ideals, they have 4year memory's The only bright spot in this is to have it confirmed President Biden is a bigger idiot than even I thought him to be. So another 25000-women and children! first- wont this 25000 want to have their mothers,fathers,uncles,aunts etc to join them in the UK? And of course they will all have provable identification and wont be "retired" terrorists or even criminals, just like the approved Libyan "freedom fighter" who was granted permission to stay,and a Council flat, and financial benefits who last year on an summer afternoon in a park in Reading stabbed three ordinary British people to death. But that doesnt matter to the "fuzzy people" Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2021, 19:24   #29
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
There was no genocide taking place in Afghanistan, tne americans saw the excuse to get in there for their business interests, remember the pipeline? and silly billy British politicians swallowed the democracy/womens rights story and sent our armed forces off to get killed and injured. I have said and say it again the various tribes and religious sects have been killing each other for many hundreds of years. Most politicians in this country can read/dont read their national history and even approve an education system which ignore or re writes it according to their fuzzy ideals, they have 4year memory's The only bright spot in this is to have it confirmed President Biden is a bigger idiot than even I thought him to be. So another 25000-women and children! first- wont this 25000 want to have their mothers,fathers,uncles,aunts etc to join them in the UK? And of course they will all have provable identification and wont be "retired" terrorists or even criminals, just like the approved Libyan "freedom fighter" who was granted permission to stay,and a Council flat, and financial benefits who last year on an summer afternoon in a park in Reading stabbed three ordinary British people to death. But that doesnt matter to the "fuzzy people" Chris.S.
Absolutely! That is what I was hinting at in my post #18. It won't stop at 30k+ and the unintended consequences and events will be more overwhelming for the UK's infrastructure then the do-gooders envisage.

You won't hear from the likes of Yvette Cooper when the poo hits the fan and I bet the media photographers will never capture a photo of Afghan/Syrian/Iranian/Algerian/Libyan refugees next-door to their abode.

I don't think they even have 4 year memory attributes and I doubt if Oxbridge or Eton teach their charges about tribalism.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2021, 06:08   #30
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

How many terrorist attacks in this country since 7/7 have been by 'asylum seekers'?
Nantwich 75 is offline   Reply With Quote