Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th July 2021, 20:19   #1
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default Now that's cheap motoring!

" Tesla drivers in the UK are spending £47 per month charging their car, on average, according to EEVEE Mobility.
Harnessing data from active users of the EEVEE Driver app, the company revealed that the monthly cost of charging a Tesla costs less than a tank of petrol."

"The average distance driven per month by EEVEE users is 707 miles. Based on an average fuel price of £1.30 per litre with fuel economy of 55mpg, the cost of travelling the same distance in a petrol car would be £75, representing a saving of £28 for Tesla drivers" .https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/lat...ing-says-eevee

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2021, 09:04   #2
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Cheap to run, but expensive to buy! Rubbish economics.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2021, 09:58   #3
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Not Tesla but real world nonetheless.

A guy I use for electrics has a Transit Hybrid, he thought he would be saving money on fuel because most of his work is local, 6 weeks ago the van started making a "funny noise" he said, it was so loud in the end he had to have the AA take it to Ford, after 4 weeks off the road they diagnosed a problem with the hybrid system, £4,680 would have been the bill had it not been under warranty, he has had it back about a week but it's now for sale, Ford have offered him a stupid low price against a new diesel van.
Ford didn't have a van he could use so he had to hire one for a month, he has done the decent thing and sent Ford the bill

So much for cheap running. If that had been out of warranty it would basically be scrap.

Until these things become spectacular they will just be money pits.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2021, 11:34   #4
Bovo Boy

Rover 75 Tourer

I bought my 75 cdt tourer in 2008, sold it 13 years later with 192,000 on the clock for 1,700 quid less than I paid for it. I did 113,000 miles in it and it only ever let me down once in all that time (fuel pump). The clutch was renewed at 150,000 miles and the starter motor was replaced; other than that, just consumables and annual servicing and the car consistently returned over 500 miles per tank of diesel throughout my ownership. Now that's what I call cheap motoring!
Bovo Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2021, 11:35   #5
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
" Tesla drivers in the UK are spending £47 per month charging their car, on average, according to EEVEE Mobility.
Harnessing data from active users of the EEVEE Driver app, the company revealed that the monthly cost of charging a Tesla costs less than a tank of petrol."

"The average distance driven per month by EEVEE users is 707 miles. Based on an average fuel price of £1.30 per litre with fuel economy of 55mpg, the cost of travelling the same distance in a petrol car would be £75, representing a saving of £28 for Tesla drivers" .https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/lat...ing-says-eevee
Not very favourable is it with a tiny saving, but paying a premium for a pollution at source finite resource guzzler.

Can’t help comparing this with my kids who use electricity at an alarming rate and treat it as though it’s free from the socket on the wall.

EV owners are in for a shock literally in the near future.
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2021, 11:55   #6
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post

EV owners are in for a shock literally in the near future.
Exactly, once we are reliant on EV's then the price of charging them will shoot up, all in the name of the environment.

How cheap then I wonder, road tax will also be slowly increased on them over the years, again in the name of being green.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote