Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd June 2021, 08:19   #1
paulonsite
Loves to post

ZT CDTi Auto

Default Saloon Rear window (backlight) trim???

Hello all

Trying again to see if anyone has access to these or knows an alternative reliable method to replace or resell the rear windscreen of a saloon. Clips are easy enough to source now, if not cheap, but no sign of trim outside Rimmer Bros.

Many thanks,

Paul.
paulonsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2021, 11:18   #2
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulonsite View Post
Hello all

Trying again to see if anyone has access to these or knows an alternative reliable method to replace or resell the rear windscreen of a saloon. Clips are easy enough to source now, if not cheap, but no sign of trim outside Rimmer Bros.

Many thanks,

Paul.
I've been looking too, mine is cracking apart, two bits have come away top and bottom in the middle of the rear screenn

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2021, 19:05   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

are you both talking about the chrome trim that surrounds the outside edge of the saloon rear window?

These are fragile to post, I know of a breaker that may have one but I am in Edwinstowe. I would need to ring them and ask, I dont mind going to get it for you.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2021, 21:53   #4
squire
Posted a thing or two

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
are you both talking about the chrome trim that surrounds the outside edge of the saloon rear window?

These are fragile to post, I know of a breaker that may have one but I am in Edwinstowe. I would need to ring them and ask, I dont mind going to get it for you.

macafee2
Not the actual chrome bit itself. It's the rubber or more like plastic either side of the chrome that's coming away at the middle joint. It looks like it's gone hard with age, so any second hand replacements would likely be the same, plus I'm not sure how they come out or go back in, at the moment no leaks. Many thanks for your offer but I doubt they would travel well in posting.

Martyn
Old 24th June 2021, 13:14   #5
paulonsite
Loves to post

ZT CDTi Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

macafee2
That's very, very kind but I agree with Martyn that new or alternative is needed. I must say I didn't know the rubber was underneath the finisher I thought it was all in one...so big thanks to both of you.

ATM I'm looking to water proof tapes I could heat gun into shape. Selco, Hellfords, Wickes and many others do this stuff, which I'm posting from a Chandler's site for neutrality https://theboatgalley.com/plumbing-r...e-rescue-tape/ . I used electrical insulting tape last year and it lasted till now so maybe proper waterproof tape will last longer...
paulonsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2021, 13:45   #6
squire
Posted a thing or two

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulonsite View Post
That's very, very kind but I agree with Martyn that new or alternative is needed. I must say I didn't know the rubber was underneath the finisher I thought it was all in one...so big thanks to both of you.

ATM I'm looking to water proof tapes I could heat gun into shape. Selco, Hellfords, Wickes and many others do this stuff, which I'm posting from a Chandler's site for neutrality https://theboatgalley.com/plumbing-r...e-rescue-tape/ . I used electrical insulting tape last year and it lasted till now so maybe proper waterproof tape will last longer...
Hi Paul,
I don't know for sure that the rubber/plastic is separate from the finisher, it's more than likely all in one and that the ends have come away on mine. I just want to tidy mine up and try to prevent it from getting worse, keep catching it when I clean the car and pull it off a bit more

Martyn