Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th March 2021, 12:09   #11
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
We are still in lockdown,the message is simple.

Stay At Home

How difficult is that to understand?
...and they were told NOT to attend by the organiser. If the Police don't clamp down on people breaking the law, then we are in a lawless state. I know where I would rather be. How many people have been unable to attend funeral this year, but they have behaved.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2021, 12:34   #12
Atlan
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Your info is a bit off Rich, Police did attend the Rangers fan's gathering at both Ibrox and George Square,
and joined in the celebrations also !
Sorted that for you
Old 14th March 2021, 13:38   #13
newhavenhibby
Avid contributor

JDM Subaru Legacy GTB6 twin turbo,, JDM Subaru Impreza WRX

Now come on Atlan..............only half of them
Old 14th March 2021, 15:48   #14
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
We are still in lockdown, the message is simple.
Stay At Home

Unfortunately so are a lot of the fans.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2021, 16:27   #15
Nick91
Regular poster

Rover 75

Another shameful episode from the met, to add to the long list.

Without a doubt an entirely different police force, but look at the difference in policing between this and all of the rangers fans that turned out to celebrate their victory. Could it be that the police knew all too well that they could intimidate a bunch of women?

From everything I have seen the vigil was conducted appropriately, all the images I have seen show the women wearing their masks. The police, of course laying hands on these women to detain them will certainly help the war against covid. If the aim here is to prevent coronavirus then the met have done the polar opposite by making physical contact with people for no serious reason.

Yes, the law is the law, but is the law just? Your right to protest has been removed from you. We have vaccinated just about all of those at risk. Enough is enough as far as I'm concerned.
Nick91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2021, 16:56   #16
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Your info is a bit off Rich, Police did attend the Rangers fan's gathering at both Ibrox and George Square, 28 arrests were made and numerous fines issued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhavenhibby View Post
There were 500 on duty in Glasgow and 250 in reserve on the Sunday. There were arrests and fines given out.

The thinking was that if they had tried to break them up serious violence would have happened ( if you know the reputation of sevco fans !) and secondly many would have returned indoors to have impromptu celebration parties which again would have been illegal and no doubt the Police would have received numerous calls from nearby residents to come and break them up. They thought it best to control them outside ( especially as covid spreads more inside).......rightly or wrongly.

The problem in Glasgow was that the Police didn't stamp down on it the previous week at Livingston and the day before at Ibrox. However as we saw at the build up to the vigil, they were told it was illegal and not to do it but some still went ahead.

The club have to be at fault for not being more forceful with their statements prior to confirmation of the title plus the action of the players and management was poor which encouraged the response.

Always going to happen to some extent as we saw in Liverpool, Leeds and numerous smaller celebrations last year. The authorities on all sides needed to be more aware from earlier on.

Big question and test will be..... will they gather again. Time will tell.

By the way, Glasgow Rangers died in 2012 ......they are now just The Rangers FC
At the time I saw this on the news,I had not known of police attendance and arrests.
The quote in red, I have no interest in football, hence my ignorance of their correct name.
Old 14th March 2021, 17:47   #17
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
We are still in lockdown,the message is simple.

Stay At Home

Pity the murderer didn’t.
Old 14th March 2021, 18:48   #18
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Pity the murderer didn’t.
perhaps the investigating police should have also stayed home, that would have given the women something else to moan about.

I bet the met are well cheesed off and no wonder. Why on earth people think it as acceptable for a mass gathering is beyond me, the event had been called off. Seems people are happy to condone a mass gathering and condone those that try to enforce the rules.
law breakers 1 law enforces 0
No wonder we have so much trouble on our streets when the police get slaughtered for doing their job.
How to break the rules and come up smelling of Roses.

Violence against women, rape, murder and domestic violence is abhorrent.
We know what men are like so how do we avoid these incidents?
Dare I suggest women don't get drunk or go home with a bloke they just met or go for a walk with a bloke to certain areas?
Dare I suggest pubs take more responsibility for people getting drunk on their premises.... tried that, got taken to task for it
Dare I suggest DNA is taken at "birth", omg civil liberties will go mad.
This only helps identify the offender and does not stop crime
Dare I say all men and women have to submit to a drugs search before going into any pub
Dare I say every man and woman mas provide recordable and checkable identification on entry to a pub

So what are the suggestions to keep women save? I have no idea how you can keep a woman's freedom to go where she wants with keeping them safe. Another 20,000 police officers will be enough

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2021, 19:34   #19
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Unfortunately so are a lot of the fans.
What's the difference between the Sicilian Mafia and the Glaswegian Mafia?

The Sicilian Mafia will make you an offer you can't refuse, the Glaswegian Mafia will make you an offer you can't understand..
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2021, 19:55   #20
Nick91
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
We know what men are like so how do we avoid these incidents?
Dare I suggest women don't get drunk or go home with a bloke they just met or go for a walk with a bloke to certain areas?
Would you like it if you went to the pub for a few and got mugged on the way home and the only advice from the police was to curtail your drinking habits? People get drunk sometimes, I expect we've all been there. From everything I can gather this woman hadn't been out drinking.

This comes back to the old "If a bloke walks down a dark alley wearing loads of gold and gets mugged, then it's his fault". The thing is, it isn't the victims fault. It's the fault of the attacker/rapist/mugger. They are the person that committed the crime. With that said, the world is undoubtedly a nasty place and people need to use their loaf.

In this case it seems that Sarah Everard was doing everything that was advised to her (not listening to headphones whilst walking, called someone shortly before the attack to let them know where she was). That's one of the reasons why people are so upset. The answer can't be to tell women not to go out at night, what about all of the nurses sticking needles into arms as we speak and working 48hr days?

Nor is the answer, the ridiculous statement that I've heard in the media for the last few years, that we should "teach men not to rape". You don't teach a rapist anything, you lock them away for as long as their miserable lives will allow. I don't see the woke brigade reducing levels of rape to any serious extent, rapists are rapists and should be behind bars.

The answer has to be better policing in my view.
Nick91 is offline   Reply With Quote