Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd April 2017, 18:45   #11
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Drive it and.........................

............................stuff your face day.

Early start this morning as we were off to the breakfast meet at Kit Hill but first we had to meet up with the rest of the convoy. With "Morris" leading and "Bear" following, we met up with "Daisy". Then onto Marsh Mills to met up with my passenger and a very special Trophy Blue ZTT**. Darren joined me in the "Bear" and we pulled out with "Morris" still leading and onto Saltash services.

Where we met "Ratty", "SonicZS" and "Streetwise", another new member. After a chat we set off to Louis tea rooms on Kit Hill near Callington. Still more cars to join in yet. Once at the tea rooms we found the place heaving with motor bikes, so we parked in the field, "Cengar" was already there and soon to join us was "TyphoonZS". But our table was booked so we was ok. That made 17 humans for breakfast.

Huge breakfast with plenty of tea to wash it all down, and that was just me. After the food and chatter, and the bill paid, we went out into the glorious sunshine to take photo's. And what pulled in? A Light Green 1965 FORD Mustang. Absolutely stunning, but by the time I ran,(ha! ha!), across the car park the owner had gone into the tea rooms. So I took a few pictures, thoughtabout getting the "Bear" up alongside but decided against it.

The Trophy Blue ZTT, Streetwise and Paul's Rover 75 were leaving us to go onto other events. That left the rest to drive up to the old Arsenic Mines at the top of Kit Hill for a photo shoot. This place is now a country park so lots of people about thus making the car park at the top a bit restricted. To make matters worse a local Jaguar Owners Club followed us in. So we got our cars parked up thus letting them find what gaps they could.

Lots of photo taking by everyone in our group, other than Shirley, Val and Anita they went up to the seats at the base of the chimney, focal point, and had a natter. Well, the Jaguar owners drifted across and started chatting to us about our cars. Matt got me to open the "Bear's" bonnet, well they nearly wet themselves. Out came there cameras and the questions were asked, I gave them the potted history of these cars explaining that these were production cars. They thanked us for our time and being very friendly. We said bade goodbye and wished them safe journeys.

Then it was convoy time onto our next venue, the Highwayman pub. So with "Daisy" leading we followed.

To be continued after dinner.

**The Trophy Blue ZTT is the 6th ZTT in Trophy Blue to roll off of the production line and it is a 1.8 in poverty spec. Matt rescued this car after the then owner told Matt it had HGF. But after a thorough service Matt got it up and running ok. No sign of the suspected HGF.
It has had HGF in the past.

On the way home today the alternator failed on the ZTT. The Trophy Blue one that is.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 23rd April 2017 at 19:37.. Reason: Predictive text is a right rain.
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 20:10   #12
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool If you want a................

...........................quirky pub then the Highwayman is for you. Very quiet on a Sunday as they do not serve roast dinners just basic pub food but still delightful. This is the pub where 2 years ago the seed was sown about me buying the V8. So on my return I was hoping to find someone that might want to buy it. Well, I still have the car.

After a drink we set off to our last destination for today at a farm shop at Lifton where they sell proper pasty's, but no one can make better pasty's than Val. Well, that's my opinion anyway. They also sell fresh produce straight from the farm, expensive though. Matt fancied some fillet steak but shied away when he saw the price, £37 per lb. So we retired to the cafe for a cuppa.

As it was drive it day the local MG club were at the far end of the car park. I was going to venture along and say hello but the others were wanting to make a move off home. However there was a couple of golden oldies parked close by. So more photo's were taken, one of the cars was a proper special. It had Truimph Spitfire front suspension. Sounded great when started up. And to confuse matters even more it had a MG badge, but above it the Rover Viking head on the grill.

So, time to say our goodbye's, Ros and Anita were travelling back towards Padstow, Allen and Val back to Saltash. Tania and Mark off towards Dawlish thus leaving Shirley, Matt and I back to Torquay. And what a journey back with our two ZTT's. I'll leave it to your imagination. It is 60 miles back to Torquay from Lifton and I used half a tank of juice. Just a tad, maybe a lot over my usual 69.9 mph. But the Bear was rock steady all the way. Think the two ZTT's surprised a few Beemers and a Jaguar. But one car held on and he was determined to get past and stay in front. I personally think this Audi Q3 went way past his turn off point just to get in front. So we let him, no point playing silly games when travelling at these speeds.

So now back home, been fed and watered, or beered in my case. Settling down after cracking day out with lovely friends.
Will get some photo's posted up later.

****Some of the other cars seen on 'Drive It Day' were a Austin Healey 3000, a lovely Lotus 11, a couple of oldish Mercedes, and a convoy of Mazda MX5's. Then there was the Jaguar club we met earlier. Lots of motor bike clubs out and about.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 23rd April 2017 at 20:12.. Reason: Drinkin' falling down water......
Old 23rd April 2017, 21:50   #13
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

04 MG ZT+ 190 XPG & 99 (T) Dealer Launch 75 V6 Connie Auto

Just want to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to you Bob for allowing me to ride shotgun in the "Bear" today. Loved it!

Just a shame I had to leave before the "spirited" drive home.

Maybe another time. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Upgrades/Mods so far:
Custom Angel Eye DRL's, MG7 Rear lights, Custom Door Cards, MGR Plates, Red Alcantara Seats, Black Oak Dash, Powerflex bushes, Plenum Spy Mod, Rear Light Seals, 5000K HID Kit, Navall 3 DD, Blue LED Conversion, Custom badges, Union badges, Flip key. Working on more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
daznkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 06:31   #14
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Very interesting, thank you Bob .

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 07:32   #15
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Glad you all had a good time.
Thank`s for the post Bob.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 22:14   #16
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Who would have thought.....................

........................................what I was about to help build today.

I really slept well last night and thought that we would have a easy day. I was going to help Matt with setting up his photo's on his laptop and then showing him how to download pictures to the forum, well that was the plan. I was aware that there was something in the shed to be built...............

So it came as a great surprise to be told that after our toast we would be building a 'blast cabinet'. Matt had it delivered a few months ago and was going to get me to help him build last time I was down. Now according to Matt the cabinet was bought from a British company, but looking at the instructions they had been translated from Chinese into Pigeon English. And also according to the instructions it would take one man to build it in 2 hours. Mmm!!!!

So first job was to clear a space in the workshop so out came the motorbike, a Honda Super Dream last taxed in 2000 but started on a regular basis. Then out came some gardening tools and some wood. Then the area was swept. Oh! Tea time, thank you Shirley. Then we unpacked the boxes, all flat packed in a nice colour of fire engine red, the cabinet and not the boxes. Sorted out the bags of screws, nuts, washers and other bits. Mmm!!! 2 hours to build.

Had to stop again as it was now lunch time and Shirley had made us bacon filled bagels, and washed down with some tea. Matt studied the instructions and gave them to me. After being watered and fed we got down to it. Fairly straight forward to build, once you worked out what nuts and bolts went where. We built some of it in the workshop and the rest out in the garden. Slowly it came together but we had to stop again as Shirley had bought out our tea. Once slurped it was back to work. The blast section was built along with the hopper and the legs were on. Shirley came out and said dinner was ready. So tools down and into the house.

Spicy chicken with pasta, and washed down with a nice cup of tea. Once consumed it was back to work. The light unit was connected and worked ok. The air pipes were connected. The built in gloves were connected. Matt done a test fit with a 18" wheel, tight fit but it went in. Last part to be fitted was the window, so you could see what you was blasting. We finally packed it all away at 8pm. The motor bike was covered up as it was now raining. The cabinet will be tested tomorrow. When we came in there was a treat waiting for us. Shirley, bless her, had been out and bought us a cream cake each.

Now relaxing with a beer.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 24th April 2017 at 22:17.. Reason: Mum made me do it.......
Old 25th April 2017, 06:27   #17
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

It sound's like you both had a very busy day .

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 17:07   #18
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Fairly easy day today.......................

....................................so far. Matt did fire up the compressor this morning to try out the blast cabinet. First he cleaned up a old rusty spanner. Wow! I was well impressed, then a brake disc was cleaned. The cabinet needs a extractor fitted but it's a easy job for Matt to carry out without my help.

Shirley went off to see her Mum then onto the daughters to help with the twins. That left Matt and I to continue with getting the back garden tidy. Sort out the car bits that can be scrapped, the good stuff to to either put away in the new shed and the large stuff to be stacked up against the wall. Must be kettle on time then.

Then off to the bakers to get our lunch. Baked on site cheese encrusted batons, mine was filled with cheese and red onion. Matt had about 5 fillings in his. Back to the house to eat our lunch, more tea to be drunk as well.
Then we boxed up the parts that I'm bringing back with me for a fellow forum member. Next job was to clear the car parts out of the front garden, most were taken through to the back garden and put away. The scrap was stacked up ready for collection.

More tea, then Matt packaged up more bits to be sent to 2 more forum members. ZTT chrome tie down's to one and jacking pads to be sent to the second member. Address labels printed and Jiffy bags packed. Shirley came home with their grandson, dad is collecting him from here. Tea! Well why not.

Now washed and changed as we are off to the Passage Inn to meet up before convoying to the Toby Carvery in Exeter to meet up with more from the Cars & Coffee Club.

Where has the last week gone? As per norm I have reall y enjoyed myself. Topped up my sun tan. The Bear has had a good, and fast, run. Happy with that.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 25th April 2017 at 17:09.. Reason: Party polictal broadcast.
Old 26th April 2017, 07:02   #19
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool What!!!!!!! No ice cream..................

.........................................at the Tobey Carvery.

We left the house in "Morris" and drove off towards the Passage House via the Hermes drop off shop, Matt was sending two parcels of car parts. Only 2 other cars were waiting for us. Mmm!!! Not to worry. As we left Neil Little drove in, but he had already said he didn't want to go to the carvery.

So off we went with a Copperleaf 75 saloon and Moonstone Tourer following. As we were early we thought we would try our luck to see if we could get seated earlier, and yes we could. Two other club members were already there. By the time we sat down two more had joined us and finally the others arrived. So that was 14 for dinner. As I was not driving I had a pint of Sharp's 'Doom Bar". Then all up to the carvery for food.

We sat and chatted, and scoffed, about cars mainly. Dinner over, dessert? Oh! Go on then! But the waitress announce there was no ice cream as the machine had broken. No ice cream!!! Oh! No! And there was no treacle pudding either. Well that was it, no one had dessert. Paid the bill and left. The plan was for some of us to go back to the Passage House to meet those that had declined the carvery. But 3 cars were not going back as they had early starts this morning. Something about W O R K, whatever that is?

Got back to the Passage House to find no one there, only Neil had turned up stayed for awhile then left to go home. So only 7 of us sat down for a drink, I had another 'Doom Bar'. We chatted for awhile but not for long. Time to go, said our goodbye's. We noticed how the temperature had really dropped. Brrr!!! Soon home and into the warm. Early night for Shirley. Matt and I stayed up, tea! Ok. Tea drunk and time to turn into the pit. I'm homeward bound Wednesday.

onen hag oll
Old 26th April 2017, 07:15   #20
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Frost!!!!..................

.........................................After a very good nights sleep I woke to find there was a thick frost outside. Wow! What a change in the weather, two days ago I was topping up my tan. Now frostbite was setting in. Packed my case up, and made my way downstairs.

Homeward bound today. Had another blinding stay here again. Learnt more skills yet again. Been to a cracking meet last Sunday with lovely friends. Best get off then, only home till Friday when another Mini tour starts, but with Banana.

Many thanks to Shirley and Matt for looking after me and kept me supplied with tea. Oh! Look! Another mug has magically appeared. Got to go before they run out of tea. Catch you all later.

onen hag oll