Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th November 2006, 11:00   #1
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Default Business Opportunity

After much deliberation, I have decided to seek someone to take over production and sales of my mafams. Sales are buoyant otherwise I'd not need to be doing this but I need more time to concentrate on other products.

The alternatives to selling off this part of Roverron Tuning were to either employ someone to assemble them, or to outsource assembly. This is still an option if anyone out there wants a part time job working from home, but doesn't want to start their own business.

I'm not looking for any up-front sums of money, but will recoup the 'sale price' by mean of a royalty.
In practice, I would supply a kit of parts comprising the pcb, IC and Bosch connector at an all in price including the royalty fee (of a few pounds) and you would source the rest of the parts.
You then sell them on Ebay, and/or from your website as your own product, but would be entitled to use my brand name.

Once a certain number of 'kits' have been supplied, you would then not be under any obligation to buy parts from me, nor would any further royalties be payable.
I would maintain my website's mafam pages indefinitely, but purchasers & any enquirers would be directed to your website or email address. You just need a Paypal account. (I now do this for decat sales)

My main concerns are:
To ensure continuation of supply and avoid letting owners down.
To have a 'get out' clause so that if you decide you did not want to continue, I could find some else.

There is untapped potential as most diesels from 2000 onwards suffer from the same maf problems as the Rovers. The Nissan Almera and Vauxhall Frontera are two less common ones that the mafam certainly works well on.

This is an outline of my plan but I won't divulging technical details or sales figures until I have something in writing so no nosey parkers!!!

Ron