Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th March 2018, 16:51   #241
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
I thought my use of bold print might have helped to convey what question I was asking, but in order to avoid any further unnecessary wear & tear on keyboards, I am asking DD what his grounds are for saying "that those worried about U.K. youngsters are not that bothered about youngsters from other EU states".

EDIT - thank you for your answer DD, you hit the reply button as I was typing.
No problem - it’s annoying when work interferes with what we chat about on here!!!!

A bit of background - I have worked for a couple of European companies - the longest time of which I spent a fair bit of time working out of Belgium. So I love Europe - but my experience means I have become increasingly suspicious of the EU as it morphed from the EEC to something else entirely.

From a business perspective - I came out about 30% Remain - 70% Leave. The advantages of the EEC have been so diluted by the political drivers of the EU Gravy Train.

From a personal - selfish viewpoint - I came out in favour of Remain because my retirement plans had required free movement across EU borders.

But - I did actually vote emphatically to Leave because I have seen first hand the cancer of high youth unemployment and what it does to the dynamism of a country - it destroys it for generations.

So please do not even go there regarding opportunities for our youth and how the EU is supposedly going to benefit the young of the U.K.

Because if you look at what EU policies have done to certain member States regarding unemployment in general and youth unemployment in particular - I think even the most committed Remainer would be having second thought if they applied the “their but for the grace of god go us” - where “us” is the youth of the U.K.
Old 27th March 2018, 17:01   #242
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

I think it is actually fair to assume that possibly 3% of the voting population may have been influenced by social media and the resultant fake news by the leave campaign/leave zealots. We should have another go at it with proper options to vote for I reckon - that's democracy rather than 'yes or no' and we'll decide what you actually wanted based on just yes or no.

Last edited by mystabe; 27th March 2018 at 17:04..
Old 27th March 2018, 17:08   #243
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
I think it is actually fair to assume that possibly 3% of the voting population may have been influenced by social media and the resultant fake news by the leave campaign/leave zealots. We should have another go at it I reckon

Well I reckon a VERY HIGH PERCENTAGE of the population was falsely influenced by the Remain Project Fear nonsence.

If you look at the monstrous mis-information - that was presented as “Definite” senarious that WOULD happen in the event of a Leave vote.

Of course we all know now that this was all a total crock!!

So I say this to all those Remainers - who want another vote in the hope that that time they get the result they want:-

Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited by Darcydog; 27th March 2018 at 18:36..
Old 27th March 2018, 17:47   #244
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Well I reckon a VERY HIGH PERCENTAGE of the population was falsely influenced by the Remain Project Fear nonsence.

If you look at the monstrous information - that was presented as “Definite” senarious that WOULD happen in the event of a Leave vote.

Of course we all know now that this was all a total crock!!

So I say this to all those Remainers - who want another vote in the hope that that time they get the result they want:-

Be careful what you wish for.
Ah, you misunderstand - I want people to vote for what they want out of BREXIT not that it is or isn't happening. I'm no longer bothered about that. Democracy is the will of the people, the will of the people shouldn't be 'yes/no then we'll make up the rest for you' depending on what we as a political party believe (whichever party that may be) is it??

If people got to have a say in what they actually want it would put an end to all this nonsense - 17 million people voted no but, as no great lover of the EU parliament myself included, I'm sure they would have liked a few more options to vote for - as probably would a lot of people who voted yes. It is really not a binary question and that is the biggest issue
Old 27th March 2018, 18:06   #245
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Ah, you misunderstand - I want people to vote for what they want out of BREXIT not that it is or isn't happening. I'm no longer bothered about that. Democracy is the will of the people, the will of the people shouldn't be 'yes/no then we'll make up the rest for you' depending on what we as a political party believe (whichever party that may be) is it??

If people got to have a say in what they actually want it would put an end to all this nonsense - 17 million people voted no but, as no great lover of the EU parliament myself included, I'm sure they would have liked a few more options to vote for - as probably would a lot of people who voted yes. It is really not a binary question and that is the biggest issue
Bit too fudgy for me.

The vote was a clear - EU, In or Out.

The majority voted out.

Since then we have had oodles of abuse from those that didn’t get the result they wanted or arrogantly expected- including “we didn’t appreciate how and what we were voting for”

Only the “poorly educated could possibly vote Leave”

And of course the classic - “it’s an age thing Darhling.... - the grey haired old f@rts are still fighting the war”

But the most obnoxious is the “ Think of our children “ - “ you are denying our youth any sort of future with the U.K. being outside of the EU.

Well tell that to an under 25 in Portugal Italy Greece or Spain.

And you know WHAT REALLY PI$$ES ME OFF!! (Sincere apologies Mods) - it is people who feel as I DO - about the Youth Of Europe, and how badly they have been treated - that get Labelled “Little Englanders” by people who want to rule the world from their ARMCHAIR!!!!
Old 27th March 2018, 18:29   #246
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Bit too fudgy for me.

The vote was a clear - EU, In or Out.

The majority voted out.

Since then we have had oodles of abuse from those that didn’t get the result they wanted or arrogantly expected- including “we didn’t appreciate how and what we were voting for”

Only the “poorly educated could possibly vote Leave”

And of course the classic - “it’s an age thing Darhling.... - the grey haired old f@rts are still fighting the war”

But the most obnoxious is the “ Think of our children “ - “ you are denying our youth any sort of future with the U.K. being outside of the EU.

And you know WHAT REALLY PI$$ES ME OFF!! (Sincere apologies Mods) - it is people who feel as I DO - about the Youth Of Europe, and how badly they have been treated - that get Labelled “Little Englanders” by people who want to rule the world from their ARMCHAIR!!!!
That's fair enough, I agree with virtually nothing in that post and it makes you sound like a smug **** at best

Fair enough

Had the vote gone slightly the other way I have no doubt you would be arguing for another one in much less conciliatory terms than people have allowed you to get away with here. You will say not probably, but then you would because you are always right
Old 27th March 2018, 18:39   #247
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
That's fair enough, I agree with virtually nothing in that post and it makes you sound like a smug **** at best

Fair enough

Had the vote gone slightly the other way I have no doubt you would be arguing for another one in much less conciliatory terms than people have allowed you to get away with here. You will say not probably, but then you would because you are always right
Pathetic verbose irrelevance
Old 27th March 2018, 18:40   #248
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Again - why be so smug? it's not going to be that great here for about 50 years, that's nothing to be happy about is it really?
50 years! What are you some sort of time lord - or do you really have crystal balls?
Old 27th March 2018, 18:45   #249
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:

It's always tricky trying to second guess people's intentions, however in the above countries you've mentioned there's no real drive to leave the EU by the youth or anyone else for that matter.

Of course there are election promises made and flashes in the pan in terms of mood and opinion. But there's no systemic change in those countries and more specifically their attitude to the EU.

Parties in Italy made gains that are anti-EU but I don't believe that they are, as we in the UK understand anti EU, perhaps an less recent term that many are familiar with, euro spectic. Greece is similar a few gains here and there but nothing of real note to come to the collective conclusion that we in the UK have. Again I'm not aware of anything of note in Portugal or Spain.

As I said at the start it's tricky to second guess people but my conclusion would be many believe they have low youth employment levels, in the countries mentioned above, in spite of the EU rather than because of it.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 27th March 2018, 18:50   #250
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Pathetic verbose irrelevance

I will take that as a compliment from someone who understands the skill involved
Closed Thread