Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd May 2007, 21:55   #11
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

At best I get 33 MPG from mine on the motorway average is around 27 mpg or less if I cane it then it does no more than my V8

The 190 is very low geared which some people wrongly mistake for torque the low gearing does mean the economy takes a hit but otoh it does give a good set of close gear ratios to keep the car on the move in the twisty bits

High Octane fuel is a waste of time in my opinion it makes a small difference but the ECU can not adapt fully to take advantage of all of it.

I looked at a car with 22,000 miles on it last week both Vis motors were knackered and needed repairing if you get the chance take yours apart and inspect them as any vis motor related fault codes logged on the diags would back up the need to examine them.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 11:15   #12
Prometheus
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Gave the wrong impression. Yes it was the Howto is hard to read. I wanted to check the vis vaulves on mine and do the howto but found i was not able to follow it. So i just went for the big bang approach and switched out the whole Inlet manifold.

Again sorry if you thought i was hammering on your spelling. I'm a dutch guy trying to type enlgish and yes also slightly (dyslexic)
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote