Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th July 2019, 14:47   #1
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Default There back .......

In a lot of ways I look forward to their return, but not the mess they make. I thought that they weren't returning this year as they are usually back by June and was missing them, but this week they have turned up. There were signs that a few had made it back but I hadn't seen any just the signs they were about. My son had seen a few but nothing like the numbers in past years.

I know what you are all saying, what's the old NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- on about, Bats. My neighbour and I both had a roost in our eves but the numbers were not great. About seven years ago after they had migrated I had work done on my roof, being protected I had to wait till they had gone, and now they cannot get in. They are still roosting in my neighbours and over the years the numbers have rocketed and when they leave as the sun goes down it is a real spectacle. Last year I went out to try to count them leaving. They had started before I got out but I counted 369 leaving. Then it went back to the odd one or two then suddenly a mass left, too many to count so I gave up so all I can say there are hundreds in there.

The only downside is not pleasant and frankly does miff me at times. BAT POO. When they leave they swoop out and defecate on my Volvo. They deposit a bit on my neighbours Ford but most evacuate their bowls over my car and its a pain. Just washed it all off and tomorrow it will be back again. What is it about Volvos, don't they like them. More likely its me for blocking up their old home because they did it on the ZT-T when that was parked there. So its just live with it and enjoy them and the view and acrobatics as they set off hunting. They hunt around the house all night and it is quite something to watch them catching moths attracted by the security lights. Occasionally one of my cats has caught one by leaping up as they fly past but If I see it happening I try to rescue it or chase the cats off before they get one.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote