Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th August 2017, 15:25   #261
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T4 View Post
Thought i would update this thread, Larry came over today, i didn't use the T4 system as it has never shown up any problems before with this type of very low speed "peddle crunching" issue, instead i hooked each wheel up to an oscilloscope and watched the traces as the wheel was rotated.
Sods law always seems to dictate that (for me) it is the very last wheel that i test and sure enough, the o/s rear was showing 1 pulse missing.

Swapped out the bearing and the issue was cured in less than 90 minutes.
Looks like I'll have pay Phil a visit for the oscilloscope for a definitive answer as I have virtually same problem, ABS crunching but no lights on so T4 doesn't show anything.
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 22:49   #262
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by squire View Post
Looks like I'll have pay Phil a visit for the oscilloscope for a definitive answer as I have virtually same problem, ABS crunching but no lights on so T4 doesn't show anything.
Get a male and female ABS plug and socket, a capacitor and a piezo earpiece and try that first. I described the circuit a few years ago, it is much easier to listen for clicks and watch the marks on the tyre, than watch a meter and the marks at the same time .

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2018, 16:32   #263
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Just spent an hour reading all these posts and learnt some interesting stuff. Currently in the process of changing a front sensor (the pscan told me it was 'open circuit') and certainly a new replacement sensor passed the static test. However, with prior knowledge of these posts I would have checked the wiring before removing the defective? sensor.
Now to fit it and hope that drilling out the old one and poking about has not damaged the traluctor ring.
Must also trawl the local yards so I can make up a test rig for the future. One of the other 75s has the slow speed ABS judder which original correspondant Larry had so much trouble in finding.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote