Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th June 2017, 19:02   #21
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Silver solder fixes the problem permanently

However it is a time consuming job to carefully polish the outer face to remove the bluing from the stainless trim after you have brazed the fasteners to the back

What you need to take into account is each and every one of the fixings are a slightly different shape, but with careful alignment during the repair, you'll never need to do the job again

Brian
I'm actually thinking of getting an MG front bumper and getting it painted whilst I get my premium bumper sorted...... it just looks so nice with it as it is so it gets pushed to the back of the to do list. Too many cars all needing something done. Time to reduce the fleet.........

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 23:47   #22
kevin75tourer
Loves to post

75 Contempery SE Tourer in Moonshine/220 Coupe's/ 216 Coupe's 420GSI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer 1 View Post
Thanks Jules for Reviving this thread.

I have part sets of fixings available. If members want complete sets I need some idea of how many might be required as the stainless steel replacement fasteners have to be ordered as a bulk quantity.

Please can you list your interest by adding to this thread? I'll leave it a couple of weeks before deciding whether the interest is there for another order of fasteners.

The adhesive I use is Wacker Elastocil E43 clear. It gives immediate 'grab' and stays flexible when dry, so no more parting of the fasteners from the stainless steel trim.
A couple off week I think he said. It has now been nearly three months and still no reply on here or to my pm email messages

He was logged on just a couple off days ago so it still about!
Old 25th September 2017, 10:52   #23
kevin75tourer
Loves to post

75 Contempery SE Tourer in Moonshine/220 Coupe's/ 216 Coupe's 420GSI Tourer

Time to look into other options.
Old 25th September 2017, 10:57   #24
dbt01
Retired

Set for me please, Jeremy, if the list is still 'open'. I guess a post on the Two-Sixties might be good idea, considering the RV8 numbers?

David
dbt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 17:26   #25
vilas66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, CDTi Tourer, Saloon

Reviving the thread: Anyone knows how to get the fasteners of the premium chrome surround ? thank You
Old 28th January 2018, 14:11   #26
vilas66
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilas66 View Post
Reviving the thread: Anyone knows how to get the fasteners of the premium chrome surround ? thank You
Well, as many of You me also didn't get a reply from Jezzer, so I 've searched on Internet and looks like the fasteners are still available. Original one were supplied by BigHead and are still available (or at least most of them are). Items need to be purchased as a bulk and in UK. If someone is interested we can order and share. I need a full set.
Old 29th January 2018, 08:20   #27
Jezzer 1
I really should get out more.......

75 V8 Connoisseur SE Saloon: 75 V8 Contemporary SE Saloon and others!!!

Quote:
Well, as many of You me also didn't get a reply from Jezzer, so I 've searched on Internet and looks like the fasteners are still available. Original one were supplied by BigHead and are still available (or at least most of them are). Items need to be purchased as a bulk and in UK. If someone is interested we can order and share. I need a full set.
The standard fasteners were mild steel and will corrode again. I have stock of the smaller fasteners in stainless steel but I need a number of owners to agree to buy sets to make producing the large ones in stainless steel ones economic.

If a minimum of 10 people agree to order, I will get a batch produced.

So - please email me again with a firm committment and I will get the job in hand.

Last edited by Jezzer 1; 29th January 2018 at 09:34..
Jezzer 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2018, 09:35   #28
vilas66
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer 1 View Post
The standard fasteners were mild steel and will corrode again. I have stock of the smaller fasteners in stainless steel but I need a number of owners to agree to buy sets to make producing the large ones in stainless steel ones economic.

If a minimum of 10 people agree to order, I will get a batch produced.

So - please email me again with a firm committment and I will get the job in hand.
Message sent
Old 29th January 2018, 10:06   #29
Jezzer 1
I really should get out more.......

75 V8 Connoisseur SE Saloon: 75 V8 Contemporary SE Saloon and others!!!

Quote:
Message sent
e risposta inviata!
Old 4th February 2018, 14:47   #30
vilas66
Avid contributor

Default A couple of more suggestions

I want to thank Jeremy for the original post and Jules for suggesting Tiger Seal as a sealant.
I would like to add a couple of suggestions to this post.
First , using water adhesive tape on the bumper and on the chrome helps a lot keeping the trim clean and finding the position of where fix the clip on the chrome.
Second, as You can see, I managed to hand made clips as some were lost and they are a perfect fit.: from left to right: one (of the two) small ones, a 40 mm hand made and the original one; please bear in mid that ONLY two of the long ones are 40 mm , the others are 25 mm so, the complete set shout be:
- the 4 top ones;
- two 40 mm long ones (central part of bumper)
- seven 25 mm long ones;
- two square ones 25 mm long.
Hope this helps a little bit more an already excellent post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grill.jpg (45.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg reman.jpg (107.5 KB, 39 views)