Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th April 2018, 18:44   #91
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

My ass cheeks are already aching.

What is strange, and I dont like it much either... but since doing the pelvic floor exercises, I have been getting a dull ache in my left testicle which goes down my left leg. I've never suffered ache or pain on the left side before, but last night I had a dull heavy ache in both testicles at the same time, plus the ache was referring down both legs.

Something is certainly happening, I just hope its all good.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2018, 21:42   #92
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

Sorry im a bit late to this thread.
I have been having very simar sounding symptoms for about 4years, although mine come and go.
As well as pain in my testicle I also get shooting pain up through my hip and up into my back.
After numerous scans/ultrasounds the doctors diagnosed a varacouse vein on my left testicle.
I had no idea it was so common until reading this post.
They have said there is no simple treatment beyond surgery to remove.
I sympathize with you about the pain, at it's worst I can hardly stand up straight. I've had a compressed disk in my back,,this is worse and more disabling.
Best of luck with your private treatment, hope it gets sorted.
neilb740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2018, 08:53   #93
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilb740 View Post
I have been having very simar sounding symptoms for about 4years, although mine come and go.
As well as pain in my testicle I also get shooting pain up through my hip and up into my back.
After numerous scans/ultrasounds the doctors diagnosed a varacouse vein on my left testicle.
I sympathize with you about the pain, at it's worst I can hardly stand up straight. I've had a compressed disk in my back,,this is worse and more disabling.
Hi Neil, Sorry to hear of your problem, but at the same time its nice to know I'm not the only one, sometimes I think I'm actually going mad. I have read so much on the net about testicle pain being such a common problem, my GP has also said the same thing how common a problem testicle pain is for us guys, but I've yet to meet someone who has/or is suffering from this condition.

Is your pain on your left side, I suppose you have been told the same thing regarding the surgery, that it may not work, or could leave you in worst pain. That scares the hell out of me, to actually be in worst pain is something I cannot ever imagine. I really dont understand how something so small can cause such a massive disability to the human body, the doctors seem helpless, they certainly appear to be against any surgery.

It looks like I myself have spoken too soon, by performing these pelvic floor exercises I've actually had 3 and a half pain free days, but yesterday and again this morning I'm back in pain. What I dont understand is... I had pain on the left side for the first time ever, I really dont know what the heck is going on, its driving me nuts.. excuse the pun

Neil, Do you get ache/pain down your leg to your foot, that makes your leg go weak? Having the pain in the testicle and in the leg and foot is what makes living life extremely difficult, if only the pain was just in one place, this would be more manageable.
Old 29th April 2018, 10:19   #94
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilb740 View Post
I had the same thing in 2015, diagnosed with varicose veins of the balls of moderate severity by u/s scan The surgeon offered surgery but he changed his mind when I told him I was going to have a leg bypass which involved a big operation and a big cut from the foot all the way up to the groin. He said he couldn’t touch me before the bypass. After that op, the varicose veins disappeared and so far, so good. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I am not qualified to say. I am sorry to hear about the disc in your back.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2018, 11:05   #95
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I had the same thing in 2015, diagnosed with varicose veins of the balls of moderate severity by u/s scan The surgeon offered surgery but he changed his mind when I told him I was going to have a leg bypass which involved a big operation and a big cut from the foot all the way up to the groin. He said he couldn’t touch me before the bypass. After that op, the varicose veins disappeared and so far, so good. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I am not qualified to say. I am sorry to hear about the disc in your back.
Phil, If it wasn't for the testicle pain/discomfort stopping after the leg bypass surgery, would you have agreed to have the varicocele surgery?

Also, if you dont mind me asking, why did you have leg bypass surgery? Is that linked to heart artery trouble, did you have a lot of leg pain?
Old 29th April 2018, 12:04   #96
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Phil, If it wasn't for the testicle pain/discomfort stopping after the leg bypass surgery, would you have agreed to have the varicocele surgery?

Also, if you dont mind me asking, why did you have leg bypass surgery? Is that linked to heart artery trouble, did you have a lot of leg pain?
No problem Wes, I have had numerous operations and each one has been a 100% success. I would have gone ahead with the testical operation had the leg not been a problem. My heart is in great shape and not related to the leg.

In the summer of 2015, after doing a long haul flight from Nairobi to London via Doha, within 5 days of arriving in London I developed an embolism and DVT in the leg. This caused an aneurysm - a balloon in the artery underneath the kneecap. This blocked the blood supply from the knee below.

At the time, I thought I had pulled a muscle in the leg and proceeded to drive up to North Yorkshire and Scotland for Car meets unaware of how serously ill I was. I said to Jessica about the pain and how excruciating it was, then I blamed it on my feet getting bigger and the shoes not fitting properly.

2 weeks later, on my return to London I went to A&E, had a scan and was admitted for one night. The surgeon gave clot busting drugs and said I should have walking therapy for 3 months. I got worse and with the pain I was put on liquid Morphine. The walking therapy failed and I could not drive.

I went back to A&E. The A&E consultant told me to go private when she heard I had private health insurance. She very kindly rang a top vascular surgeon and he did the bypass. I was incapacitated for 8 months. NHS delays: when he opened me up, he found I had gangrene and the surgeon had to cut it out, he used a machine to suck out the clots, he tied off the aneurysm and then did the bypass. The op lasted 7 hours, blood transfusions, on a ventilator, ICU. A nightmare.

There is permanent leg numbness, as he had to cut and move the nerves out of the way, but it’s a small price to pay. He saved the leg and since the op, I have more stamina. For the past 12 months all of my blood results have been normal.

The op was a great success. From the scans, they found 2 other aneurysms which continues to be monitored. The last scan was in London in January this year. The size of both are within the safety parameters. Next scan is in 6 months

I hope Wes, that answers your questions

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 29th April 2018 at 12:10..
Old 29th April 2018, 12:19   #97
Dallas
This is my second home

Blooming heck Phil, that was a lot to go through. Glad everything worked out for you, onwards and upwards as they say.

Thank you for sharing your story, much appreciated.
Old 29th April 2018, 14:28   #98
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Blooming heck Phil, that was a lot to go through. Glad everything worked out for you, onwards and upwards as they say.

Thank you for sharing your story, much appreciated.
Wes, it was a bad time. My wife and this forum, my faith, the surgeon got me through it as there were times when I got depressed with the prospect of losing everything and the leg. At the time, Flyer and RWPC started up a support thread and everyone rallied to the rescue, even the ones I had fallen out with over politics I had 300 messages pushing me on in that thread. A few say things about the club, but I have learned that when the chips are down and your luck runs out, folks here will step up and help. It changed my perspective. Instead of conflict I look to make amends with my former adversaries, as life is too short

My illness experience should no way undervalue what you are going through, a nightmare. Hopefully it will help you get through this ordeal.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 29th April 2018 at 14:31..
Old 29th April 2018, 16:56   #99
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

Quote:
Hi Neil, Sorry to hear of your problem, but at the same time its nice to know I'm not the only one, sometimes I think I'm actually going mad. I have read so much on the net about testicle pain being such a common problem, my GP has also said the same thing how common a problem testicle pain is for us guys, but I've yet to meet someone who has/or is suffering from this condition.

Is your pain on your left side, I suppose you have been told the same thing regarding the surgery, that it may not work, or could leave you in worst pain. That scares the hell out of me, to actually be in worst pain is something I cannot ever imagine. I really dont understand how something so small can cause such a massive disability to the human body, the doctors seem helpless, they certainly appear to be against any surgery.

It looks like I myself have spoken too soon, by performing these pelvic floor exercises I've actually had 3 and a half pain free days, but yesterday and again this morning I'm back in pain. What I dont understand is... I had pain on the left side for the first time ever, I really dont know what the heck is going on, its driving me nuts.. excuse the pun

Neil, Do you get ache/pain down your leg to your foot, that makes your leg go weak? Having the pain in the testicle and in the leg and foot is what makes living life extremely difficult, if only the pain was just in one place, this would be more manageable.
No pain in my leg, it all seems to spread upwards to my hip and back. It gets to the point where even fastening the waistband of my trousers is painful because of it pressing on my hip.
It's all referred pain from the varicose vein problem so I guess it depends which nerves are involved as to where the pain spreads.
I'm fortunate that my pain can subside for a couple of weeks before returning again, Im probably affected about 50 to60% of the time.
neilb740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 10:52   #100
Dallas
This is my second home

Well! Its been over a year since I started this topic, Urology basically fobbed me off to the Pain Clinic last November, this is when I was offered a Nerve Block Injection into the spermatic cord. They said the nerve block may not even work, or may not work for long, may bring relief for a few days or a few weeks if that. I would need to have this procedure done weekly to get any benefit, if at all. I declined the injection as the thought of going back to the hospital on a weekly basis to have my bits worked on basically terrified me.

However, I'm beginning to wish I had gone for the nerve block procedure, something is better than nothing I guest, especially when the pain is becoming unbearable. I am now having trouble walking, the pain radiates down my leg which causes my leg not to work. I'm now at the point where putting on clothing causes terrible pain all day, its getting to the stage where I'm actually becoming housebound. My quality of life is going down hill very fast, I cant sit down, I cant stand up, I cant walk, the only time I get relief is from laying down.

January this year I contacted Urology again and pleaded for help, the two head Urologists reviewed my case in a multidisciplinary meeting and have asked me to come back, I'm going back first week in March. I just hope they are going to stop this pain once and for all, to do that is going to mean an operation. There was talk of a Epididymectomy a few years back at one of my previous appointments, I just hope they do something which works. I myself was right about my teeth and head pain (trigeminal neuralgia), I went against the professionals and I was right to do so, I just hope I am right this time.

My concern is what if this pain is being caused by something else someday's I could swear my leg is causing the pain and not the testicle itself. What if there's some vein, strapped nerve or some sort of arthritis type thing causing the pain to radiate upto the testicle, the pain could actually be coming from elsewhere.

What do you guys think?