Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th September 2007, 22:16   #1
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default did you know?

prices were £27.995 to £33.750

saloon 0-60 6.4 secs tourer 6.5 secs combined mpg 21.5

engine ecu's are interchangeable as there are no zcs codes

if you 'bump start' in reverse the timing chain can jump teeth

oil capacity 5.2 litres ACEA A3 5W /30

coolant capacity 12.61 litres

gearbox capacity 3.8 litres (changed at 120,000 or 8 years)

gearbox oil level is 21mm below the filler plug - very important

if you hit the rev limiter, fault code p1270 will show and car will idle eratic. Ignition off and back on will clear the code

A digital speedo can be found in 'highline' menu

exhaust is stainless steel over the rear axle to last longer - the axle needs to be removed to change it

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 06:10   #2
Cuda-uk
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
That somehow does not ring true to me, regardless of which gear you are in the engine will always follow its correct rotation. Unless of course you try and pull the car forward whilst you have reverse selected.
Cuda-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 15:12   #3
philby777
Regular poster

R75V8 development car

Default no zcs codes

About no ZCS codes just had my R75V8 on a T4 for the first time to try and fix the ep light on the dash and enable some features. This was done by a ex mg guy with experience with the 2 psni R75v8's and a MGZT 260 in belfast. After an hour trying to connect via R75V8 and MGZTV8 with no comm being established he connected via standard MGZT and the T4 recognised a desiel variant so he was able to enable the features ie speed lock bathrobe locking ect but it could not communicate with the engine or autobox . Now the guy thinks I need ZCS codes to change the car from thinking it desiel to a V8 (but after reading that they have no zcs codes? ).
Keith if you are reading this have you experienced anything like this ? the version on his t4 disk was 5.06 On the engine management ecu it says unkown and GM SA VN are all zero's. One thing I did notice was that the page which tells you which lead numbers to use did not match with lead numbers he was using but he said this was normal. Any suggestions ?
philby777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 18:42   #4
Tim
Feel the size of my Quads

MG ZT 440SE, MG HS PHEV & MG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
prices were £27.995 to £33.750

saloon 0-60 6.4 secs tourer 6.5 secs combined mpg 21.5

engine ecu's are interchangeable as there are no zcs codes

oil capacity 5.2 litres ACEA A3 5W /30

coolant capacity 12.61 litres

gearbox capacity 3.8 litres (changed at 120,000 or 8 years)

gearbox oil level is 21mm below the filler plug - very important

if you hit the rev limiter, fault code p1270 will show and car will idle eratic. Ignition off and back on will clear the code

A digital speedo can be found in 'highline' menu

exhaust is stainless steel over the rear axle to last longer - the axle needs to be removed to change it

Sworks where did you get your info from?

Some of the detail is a bit out. Example: ECU's are coded to the car, I've had first hand experience of this as mine is not the original.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 20:55   #5
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Phil my T4 works fine with the 260 and 75 V8 but your car is a bit of an oddity so maybe it has some unusual features or non standard firmware in the ECUs I am surprised it would not connect at all though as things like ABS, BCU, LSM, Nav etc are all standard

What I have realised is that the V8s seem to work better with a faster laptop than the normal one that comes with T4

re ZCS codes the car has all the normal codes it is just the Engine ECU that does not support ZCS that is why the V8 has a Gateway ECU instead to translate to/from the Ford ECU
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 22:44   #6
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

no zcs codes as the pcm is ford EECV, as Keith says there is a gateway ecu which is used to get the ford management to 'talk' to everything else

The timing chain can jump if the engine is rotated anti clockwise because the tensioner can compress

The info is from my MG ZT/ZT-T 260 introduction training course with Rover. Some info on the courses weren't always correct as things can change prior to production. This course however was as the cars were being launched. I am currently sorting out with Pete to get the notes reproduced for the forum archives as well as 1.8 turbo intro and lpg intro

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 21:19   #7
philby777
Regular poster

R75V8 development car

Hi Keith
thanks for the reply the guy was using a faster laptop he did connect to the ABS but as for the satnav it showed none while I have a working mk3. how can the speedo work if the car doesnt no what gearbox it has ? Do you think I need a new V8 gateway ecu ? ( is there a part no for this ? and price?).
PS can you upgrade the firmware on the mk3 satnav to show split screen?
sorry for all the questions
Phil
philby777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 21:50   #8
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

If you have a standard Rover Nav comp then no you can't reflash that unit
Speedo work via K bus info from the ABS ECU which in turn is using the ABS sensors

I doubt you need a gateway it might be you need to get you ZCS codes verified and perhps enter corrected ones

If the T4 connected to anything get a printout of the GM SA and VN codes then send to Xpart to get them verified
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote