Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th January 2014, 11:57   #51
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraanc View Post
Because, You probably meant "Why You say so", but that's not exactly what You got there
No, "Why do you say that"....
Old 14th August 2014, 11:32   #52
Skilrove
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Would be interested to know what things to modify to minimize intake noise as much as possible... Trumpets on all gaps through the various boxes/joints, extra foam panel, external stick-on damping mat etc etc?
Skilrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 15:03   #53
Peterandhelen

2004 Rover 75 2.5 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
Having been researching for a Induction Kit for my 160 V6 for a while and could not justify or afford a K & N kit I decided to source myself an alternative with very pleasing results.

(all prices approxamiate ebay minus delivery for basic comparrision)

A basic K & N normal replacement element filter kit costs 35 pounds for the KV6!

A K & N Gen 2 kit costs 179 pounds for the KV6!

A K & N Apollo / Typhoon kit costs 149 pounds!

My alternative kit, with perfect fitting for all parts having done a bit of time on research cost me 52 pounds all in! Presenting the end result from my very dirty engine bay.

I have been EXTREMELY happy with the result, and have now done 900 miles since fitting and felt that i could give a fair review of it.

The car sounds very impressive now, from idol the car is no louder than normal and is far from that cheap booming sound. On light acceleration, again the car is slightly louder, but those not used to their cars would no hear the difference. There has been no preformance loss in the slightest and ive had no issues with the open cone in the engine bay.

However, upon anything more than half throttle and after 3500rpm the car sounds transformed. A good solid strong noise, that remains very constant until the limiter.

Preformance is significently noticable. Throttle responce has improved, especially in high gears at lower sub 3000rpm where I felt the car lacked compared to the 190 I had driven before and the car is much happier to rev.

Overall, anyone with a KV6 160 you MUST get yourself one or something similar, the difference is shocking and really emphesises how restrictive the standard 160 air box is.

This simple kit has really encouraged me to compensate for the 160's restricted exhaust and that is next on the cars mid february.

The bumper will be coming off soon, so I will be uprating the shannon pipe, fitting mesh for additional air ducting and im currently making a heat sheild also from an old battery tray.

-----------------

The list of parts for those wishing to do the same are as follows for this perticular kit, I have also included photos for a referance of before fitting also.

1 - 19mm - 45 degree elbow Silicon Hose pipe Black - From Ebay shop http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Redline-Auto-Extreme

1 - Breather Filter 25mm (Oil/Crankcase/Air) Medium - From Ebay shop http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/800bhp/

1 - 76mm to 70mm Silicon Hose elbow reducer Black - From Ebay shop http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Redline-Auto-Extreme

1 - K&N Style Induction Kit - From Ebay shop http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/ZORIN-...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Hi Colin NI

Are these hoses the same size for my 2.5 75 Contemporary SE
Peterandhelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 15:07   #54
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Well there's a thing I don't seem to understand, the 45 degree hose has a 19mm internal diameter and the breather filter's neck is 25mm, and the two are fitted tight one to another with the clamp (with the 25mm neck around the 19mm hose), right? And if so, what is the size of the air filter's neck then so that you can fit it to the 76mm end of the big hose?
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 09:32   #55
BaconSarnee

MG ZT

Was hoping to do this today but my filter only came with 2 of the 4 adaptors, a 60mm and a 70mm (there should have been a 65mm and 76mm).

I'm assuming I'll be needing the 76mm adaptor to connect the filter to the reducer pipe, so having to wait for the additional adaptors to be sent out
BaconSarnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 09:38   #56
BaconSarnee

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
Well there's a thing I don't seem to understand, the 45 degree hose has a 19mm internal diameter and the breather filter's neck is 25mm, and the two are fitted tight one to another with the clamp (with the 25mm neck around the 19mm hose), right? And if so, what is the size of the air filter's neck then so that you can fit it to the 76mm end of the big hose?
Think we were having the same thought. I wasn't sure that the breather pipe would fit inside the neck of the breather filter but it does, just.

As for the filter, when my adaptor turns up I'll let you know whether I can make it fit (though with both diameters being 76mm I'm not convinced). Having said that, I noticed that the 70mm adaptor will fit inside the 76mm pipe and, with the jubilee clip around it, that might work. Not sure on any negative effects, but then as long as the connection is tight it probably won't matter.
BaconSarnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 17:20   #57
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Hi Colin
I've noticed that you are using a 70mm silicone hose end on the THROTTLE BODY side.

Did it fit/slide on okay? As according to my rough measurements, the TB Oustside diameter is about 73.5 mm with a 74.4 lip on its edge.

Was it a very tight squeeze/stretch?
^Be kind, Subscribe^ (MGR videos )
Mgaz is offline   Reply With Quote