Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th July 2019, 12:46   #1
lrdisco

rover 75 tourer ctdi club

Default Rover 75 cdt diesel leak off pipe

Hello this is my first post on here so not sure what I'm doing I have rover 75 cdt tourer 2001 I have had the cutting out problem and none start problem for I while I have change in tank fuel pump , cam sensor crank sensor the ecu dry as I have always made sure drains are clear think I have also changed the fuel pressure sensor on hp pump but when I was diagnosing why it would not start I took off the fuel leak off pipe on number 1 injector no fuel came out off injector but poured out off the pipe like the fuel is going wrong way in the leak off pipe . I mean going back up to injectors it's got me confused and wondered if anyone else had this problem thanks hope someone can help the car is running now but no confidence it wont happen again
lrdisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2019, 22:10   #2
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

All perfectly normal. The injector leak off pipe joins the HP pump return pipe to allow any unused fuel to either return to the fuel tank via the fuel cooler if it is too hot, or go round in the LP circuit again if it is cool.

So when you carry out an injector leak off test you should clamp the open return pipe.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2019, 22:55   #3
lrdisco

rover 75 tourer ctdi club

Thanks for that couldn't work it out hopefully non starting is cured with what I have changed its been starting fine today on driveway might just have to trust it again it's been the best car I ever had thankyou again
lrdisco is offline   Reply With Quote