Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th February 2019, 10:14   #1
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Default IPK lights

Hello. Does anybody know how can I set the IPK and clock lights to turn on when the interior lights go on? Also, how can I make the leds of all the window switches go on also when the interior lights go on?

Reasons: for the IPK and clock just because it would look cool when unlocking the car and going inside it and for the window switches, because I need a 12v source that goes live when the interior lights go on in order to install logo puddle lights without having to go through the pain of drawing cables inside each door, that would be painful haha, so it's easier to make connections in the car somewhere than removing panels and carpets and grommets and etc
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 11:12   #2
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Not easy as they are on different circuits fed by different modules. The interior lights are controlled from the BCU, and the IPK and clock lights are controlled by the LSM.

If you start swapping supply wiring over you will get more problems - for example the LSM dims the instrument lights when the exterior lights are switched on - you would lose that function if you fed them from the interior lights, and more importantly, the instrument lights would all go out with the interior lights once you shut the door.

It could be done with a separate latching relay but easier in the long run to get those panels off and do the job properly.

Last edited by Mike Noc; 14th February 2019 at 11:22..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 11:23   #3
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

I don't want to swap the supplies, I just want to add a supply, so the IPK would also normally light up when turning the LSM switch to 1st position and with the added supply it also gets 12v when opening the doors and when unlocking the car or turning the interior lights on, and same for the wondows switches leds.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 14th February 2019, 11:37   #4
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

That would have been doddle for whoever programmed it in the first place.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 11:54   #5
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

Another problem may be the IPK and LSM illumination power supply (neither is a battery 12 volt). The IPK is controlled and variable by the switch, the automatic interior light is controlled and variable by the BCU.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 14:01   #6
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Well, took a deep jump into the Rave CD and investigated the whole thing, it's possible and really easy by the way, I'll start with the window switches first, I'll take my multimeter out for a spin I guess to check if what I learned is true. Will keep the thread updated, maybe someone will do this IPK mod also and maybe this will be useful for someone who wants to spare time and nerves when installing puddle lights
Old 14th February 2019, 14:22   #7
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

The feed to the window switch illumination is also a controlled and variable output from the LSM, not battery 12 volts.

Last edited by raykay; 14th February 2019 at 14:45..
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote