Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th February 2019, 10:53   #11
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffWW View Post
Thanks for all the above ideas. I was surprised how we get to the back window, from beside the driver's door hinges.

Quote:
On Grivas's comment on it being the part number 8, the white recesses across the scuttle, against T-Cut's part number 7 it's a combination of the two - I get the impression from another comment above that there is a seal of some sort in the white part number 8. That is why I have used grease, both in the hole of number 8 and all around the underside of number 7.
Once we get some rain I will see if the leak occurs with the car stationary. If not then, - on the move. Hopefully this will end the matter. If not, looks like the whole dash will have to come out to search for water trails, and then trace these back to the actual cause.

Does anyone know where the earlier references are? The search facility does not show them.

Thanks again for all your entries.

Geoff.
HI Geoff.
Click the link for the scuttle panel seals etc

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...03#post1055103

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 19:44   #12
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Hi Arctic,

Thanks for your series of photos on the scuttle panel seals.

I had done the same sequence of removals and cleaned out all the muck from the No8's, the backs of the No7's and the oval holes in the scuttle cover where the No7's are inserted.

One thing I did not realise was that there was a seal between the white plastic and the painted metal. I thought the dark 'line' between the No 8 and the painted metal was dirt that my wiping rag could not clear. Besides that seal, I wondered whether there was some sealing medium inside the oval holes

Instead of your sealant, I smothered the No 8's in grease as well as the underside of the N0 7's, main underside and locking pin in grease. I had a look this morning to see if any water had come through to my FBH pump LED panel and it was bone dry.

Overnight, there was a heavy dew but I don't think heavy enough to start free running flow on to the scuttle area. The car is due for it's weekly wash on Saturday, so I will be giving an closer watch for any more incoming water.

After the wash, I will remove the dash lower panel and check all the hidden ledges, where the water had been, and report back.

Thanks again for all the help given.

Geoff.
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote