Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th February 2018, 16:59   #231
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Then you better write kaiser on willdo at icon.co.za

I'm sure he will answer!
Old 18th February 2018, 03:53   #232
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Wink metal kaiser stat

had mine in now for over 15000 mls.never a problem since.have not used any water only a teaspoon full if that.cant recommend this mod highly enough.fitted mine with the keyhole method easy fit with a few preps before hand. i cleaned the areas of the stats orings fitting groove edges with a needle file and lubed up with bp red brake grease before fitting the seals themselves in and again lubed the block bore hole after a good clean out with wet and dry after removing any residue. the hoses mating surfaces i cleaned up with a flat file to remove any casting nodules and used 2 good qualitynew jubilee s/st clips.the pipes of the sat are long enough and strong enough to stand this. as posted earlier the fitting of the stat is tight in the bore but a downwards pressure and a twisting action should see them fully bottomed into the bore.a plastic screwdriver handle inserted into the elbow to do this i foung beneficial to this end. it has made so much difference to the cars reliability and drivers confidence its a must for the kv6 with no stat worries ... as for the 82-84 running temp as set by kaisers stat i have not found any difference at warm up or otherwise as its adequate for the winters here in the uk no probs. i have spent thousands of hours on my car maintainance and upgrades including lpg conversion and this mod has to be right up there and i for one will not be going back to the plastic stat setup. mine is a daily driver and i cant stand unreliability so for me its a godsend....... well done kaiser !!

Last edited by xsport; 18th February 2018 at 04:10..
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2018, 04:50   #233
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Thank you.
Old 18th February 2018, 06:13   #234
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Ive had Kaiser’s thermostats fitted to my 3 kv6 engines for about 4 years now, never lost a drop since fitting them.Probably the best mod ever done, especially
Over here in summer ( we get 40c plus)
Plus kaiser is a good bloke and knowledgeable.
I assume he’s still doing these as I’ve jyst got a new addition to the mgzt family and fit the metal thermo to anything I’m going to keep !!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2018, 15:52   #235
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Question stat

genpk what arrangements have you got in place for when the time comes to change the metal stat insert ? i thinkk these are a rare breed over here. i have asked kaiser for a couple of spares ... how about you ? .... cheers xsport.
Old 18th February 2018, 15:57   #236
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Default stat insert

think they are colourstat but not sure if they can be found over here. do you know model number/type or any info appreciated. there are posts on here about it but not sure if they are for the original prototype housings and may have been modified since.kaiser will know the answers to these questions im sure. ... xsport
Old 24th March 2018, 06:30   #237
john adam
Avid contributor

1999 Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur saloon

Default Kaiser thermostat

Hello, how do I go about getting one from Kaiser and how much including postage to NZ?
1973 Rover P5B Coupe
1962 Rover P4 - 100
john adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2018, 10:01   #238
Simon W
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.0 Litre Club Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by john adam View Post
Hello, how do I go about getting one from Kaiser and how much including postage to NZ?
Send Kaiser a PM and ask him (click on his name in 5th post up from this one, select 'send private message to Kaiser').
Simon W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2018, 14:28   #239
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
genpk what arrangements have you got in place for when the time comes to change the metal stat insert ? i thinkk these are a rare breed over here. i have asked kaiser for a couple of spares ... how about you ? .... cheers xsport.
The thermostat has a removable top part which you can take the top off and replace the thermostat , not that I’ve needed to do any as yet and they have been in use for over 5 years thus far.
From what I recollect they cost me about $250 Aud delivered from Kaiser.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2019, 16:49   #240
tobi-as
Regular poster

Rover75, Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
The cost of a set of aluminium items, assembled and ready to install will be EUR65 for anyone ordering a set from the batch to be made later this month, or early May (as things look at the moment).

If you just want the bits and fit another thermostat of your choice, I will charge EUR60, then you assemble yourself.
All parts are guaranteed for one year, against cracks or other breakage. The integrity of the installation process will remain your responsibility, so check the sealing when you install.
If, for any reason, you are not happy, you will get a refund or exchange, (not postage).

The advantages of this all metal set-up, compared to the standard system are:
1. No breakage as result of age and fatigue, reliability of metal not plastic.
2. The thermostat itself can be replaced using the housing again. No more
buying of plastic bits.
3. The thermostat can be chosen for specific temperatures.
4. The thermostat can be drilled, to maintain some flow, even if it fails in the closed position, making it possible to maintain some cooling even with a failed thermostat. It will also reduce thermal shock but slightly prolong warm up.
5. The system has been designed to give you full cooling (no re-circulation through engine) at a thermostat 70 percent open (as opposed to 100% from the factory). This will ensure that your system cools fully, much earlier than from the factory, increasing safety.
6. You can drill and tap for extra temperature probe in the housing, providing for improved temperature information directly from the "battle zone"
7. You can operate without thermostat, if required.

The postage will depend on a number of issues not fully known at the moment, but I will make sure that a set will cost no more than EUR 20 with surface mail to the UK. Delivery would be in the order of 4 weeks. Speedier delivery can be made, but will have to be arranged.

I will provide better prices for bulk orders.

I am sure there will be something I have forgotten, but please ask.

If you want to contact me directly use the e-mail address below. (Insert the appropriate symbol @ in the address below)
Hi Kaiser,

are there still new editions / deliveries?

There are certainly many who want to have one - also in Germany!

Many Thanks
Tobias

Many Thanks